Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Any other opinions of the best arcs from Liu or Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Taylor’s best arc was by far Orphans of X. It was a good connection to her past and provided an intriguing premise for a long term plot for Laura.

For Liu, definitely “Collision”, Laura’s story with Daken. I also really enjoyed Songs of the Orphan Child, a story involving Miss Sinister.

BANNED

I'll chime in with Orphans of X, as well. Old Woman Laura doesn't affect continuity much but was an enjoyable read, too, for no other reason than that it's one of the only GOOD futures we've ever seen in a Marvel comic, and is a huge breath of fresh air after the interminable series of dystopias.

From Liu, Collision is by far the best arc, though the Killing Dream and Songs of the Orphaned Child are both strong (the latter is why I DESPISE Miss Sinister's characterization these days; she debuted as a victim of Essex's experiments and manipulations simply trying to survive as her own self. She was a tragic villain that despite the fact she was doing bad things, it was out of desperation and she never quite stopped being sympathetic. You didn't want her to succeed, but she deserved better than having her entire mind and body assimilated by Essex. Now she's been reduced to literally just being Sinister with ****, including cribbing his gleeful mustache-twirling villainous mad scientist shtick).

The others are give-and-take, though her interactions with Jubilee in Touching Darkness (I really could have done without THAT unfortunate Takeda panel...) and Girls' Night Out were fun. However Misadventures in Babysitting may be the only time I've found Laura to be thoroughly unsympathetic and unlikable, so that's a hard pass.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-29-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I always thought Laura should have been the X-Men representative on Champions instead of Kid Cyclops, so I see where you’re going.
    Exactly where I was going with this!

Finally, an All New Wolverine omnibus!!!!

BANNED

Link?

10chars

Astonishing Member

I don't believe you

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I don't believe you
    Don't care who believes me, nearmintcon just announced it on their YouTube.

Astonishing Member

Don't care who believes me, nearmintcon just announced it on their YouTube.
    Well you were telling the truth. I just assumed marvel forgot she existed. I guess there's still hope

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

I was tolling around on LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES 2 on my PC, and I decided to see about making a custom in-game character of Laura. I mean, with COVID and all, we all have a lot of nuffin' but Time, eh? I also had bought the game with that intention as well (I took advantage of the price during a recent Steam Sale). I think the end result is better than I had expected:

laura_lmsh22.jpg
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well you were telling the truth. I just assumed marvel forgot she existed. I guess there's still hope
    I hope they didn’t forget about her. Havin to get my X kick from strike force and Logan. Might start rereadin new xmen and xforce if this keeps up

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    I hope they didn’t forget about her. Havin to get my X kick from strike force and Logan. Might start rereadin new xmen and xforce if this keeps up
    She's too popular to forget. I think the problem is that the plot Marvel had in mind for her got derailed when the pandemic hit. Now, she's somewhat stuck in limbo. Hopefully, that changes by the end of the year. I'd like to see her find a place in another book, maybe X-Factor or X-Force.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    She's too popular to forget. I think the problem is that the plot Marvel had in mind for her got derailed when the pandemic hit. Now, she's somewhat stuck in limbo. Hopefully, that changes by the end of the year. I'd like to see her find a place in another book, maybe X-Factor or X-Force.
    X-Force would be awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shampoozie View Post
    X-Force would be awesome.
    TBH, part of me wants to see her out of the X-Books and doing her own thing. I sometimes wonder if that will be the best way to get her out of Logan's shadow and build her into a state where she could actually play a leading role in 616 and have something of meaning to do. So long as she's in the X-Books she's always going to be treated as his understudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    TBH, part of me wants to see her out of the X-Books and doing her own thing. I sometimes wonder if that will be the best way to get her out of Logan's shadow and build her into a state where she could actually play a leading role in 616 and have something of meaning to do. So long as she's in the X-Books she's always going to be treated as his understudy.
    I dont think that really helped her when she was with the Avengers. X-men's her bread and butter. They really need to focus on giving her proper focus and I dont think Logan has to take away from that. Her best stories were early on when she was much more integrated with the X-line and he was a significant part of her characterization. The two can co-exist