Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Honeybadger is the name of wolverines side kick and laura wasn't wolverine so.....
    Well she is now. Again. Or at least she said so in that issue of X-men where she went into the Vault with Synch and Darwin. So maybe Gabby can be Honey Badger again. Much better codename than Scout.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm cool with them sharing the code name. If Laura takes over the code name and Logan just goes by "Logan" I'd be cool with that as well. I also like X23 it's her version of Weapon X. They both own their former titles now.
    That’s pretty much where I am. In thinking about it, Logan doesn’t need the Wolverine moniker to sell his solo book; whereas with Laura it would definitely help. So there’s one reason to let her use it, give her a solo again (I liked her last one), and either have Logan stop going by it or they share the codename, but change the title of his series to Weapon X. Either that, or his stays Wolverine and hers is All New Wolverine.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-16-2020 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Look who's coming back

Love this news! I missed her. I hope she finds a new place in the X-books. I also hope she keeps the uniform.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well she is now. Again. Or at least she said so in that issue of X-men where she went into the Vault with Synch and Darwin. So maybe Gabby can be Honey Badger again. Much better codename than Scout.

That’s pretty much where I am. In thinking about it, Logan doesn’t need the Wolverine moniker to sell his solo book; whereas with Laura it would definitely help. So there’s one reason to let her use it, give her a solo again (I liked her last one), and either have Logan stop going by it or they share the codename, but change the title of his series to Weapon X. Either that, or his stays Wolverine and hers is All New Wolverine.
    Thinking back abit didn't everyon like the duster cowboy had look for old man logan. Why not give logan that look, go hard in to the roinin/lone gunman arcytype for him. Have laura do the hero stuff.

Oh, I love his current look. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. But just because he wears the brown costume with the cowl doesn’t mean he has to go by Wolverine. Like I said, I could easily see him telling her to keep the codename. And to be a better superhero than he ever was or something like that.

Then as people refer to him as Wolverine he says, “That’s not me anymore. Just call me Logan.” Something like that. Enemies and others who keep tabs on him (e.g., SHIELD, ORCHIS) might refer to him as “Weapon X, the operative formerly known as Wolverine”. Hence his series title going to Weapon X. Just thinking out loud here. But it could work.

I feel like all this codename switching and rationalizations is kind of annoying. I kinda got Laura ditching Wolverine when Logan came back, but her going back to X-23 after she(rightfully) rejected it felt so forced. And Logan will always be Wolverine, even if he didn't go by it, you know? So if they said Laura is back to Wolverine again and they're both Wolverines, stick with that.

People mentioned the Hawkeyes, but I think an even better example is Peter and Miles. Miles has managed to be super popular and is even the protagonist of his own movie franchise and now has a game. Even if you can say he's still "in Peter's shadow", being "the other Spider-Man" probably still helps him more than another codename would.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like all this codename switching and rationalizations is kind of annoying. I kinda got Laura ditching Wolverine when Logan came back, but her going back to X-23 after she(rightfully) rejected it felt so forced. And Logan will always be Wolverine, even if he didn't go by it, you know? So if they said Laura is back to Wolverine again and they're both Wolverines, stick with that.

People mentioned the Hawkeyes, but I think an even better example is Peter and Miles. Miles has managed to be super popular and is even the protagonist of his own movie franchise and now has a game. Even if you can say he's still "in Peter's shadow", being "the other Spider-Man" probably still helps him more than another codename would.
    Yeah I think people sometimes underestimate the intelligence of the reader. Two characters can have the same codename and it not be a big issue. Its really not that confusing
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-16-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Yeah, that can work too Just annoying to have a number of characters with the same codename running around. Feels very DC Comics to me. With all the Flashes, Green Lanterns, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love this news! I missed her. I hope she finds a new place in the X-books. I also hope she keeps the uniform.
    Eh. I actually liked her outfit from the Tamaki book. The yellow doesn't really suit her, she looks best in a darker palette like the black and gray ANW costume.

I liked the gray and black costume best too. It was an awesome look. The yellow is more superheroic, though.

So here’s another question for the Laura Kinney die-hards: If Marvel decided to give her a different codename, besides X-23 or Wolverine, do you have any favorites?

I actually liked Talon. Or, if they wanted to reveal that Dr. Sarah Kinney was Hispanic or of Latin descent, a cool variation of that would be Garra which means “talon” or “claw” in Spanish. I actually loved that Laura was part Hispanic in the film ‘Logan’, so just a thought here.

If you want to keep with the small fierce animal theme, another fearsome little mammal that I had never heard of from the same family (the weasel family) is a Grison. Specifically the Greater Grison. Had never heard of this creature before but just did a little research.

So there’s a few options right there: Talon or Garra (if retconning Laura’s heritage a bit and honoring her mother), and Grison.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I liked the gray and black costume best too. It was an awesome look. The yellow is more superheroic, though.

So here’s another question for the Laura Kinney die-hards: If Marvel decided to give her a different codename, besides X-23 or Wolverine, do you have any favorites?

I actually liked Talon. Or, if they wanted to reveal that Dr. Sarah Kinney was Hispanic or of Latin descent, a cool variation of that would be Garra which means “talon” or “claw” in Spanish. I actually loved that Laura was part Hispanic in the film ‘Logan’, so just a thought here.

If you want to keep with the small fierce animal theme, another fearsome little mammal that I had never heard of from the same family (the weasel family) is a Grison. Specifically the Greater Grison. Had never heard of this creature before but just did a little research.

So there’s a few options right there: Talon or Garra (if retconning Laura’s heritage a bit and honoring her mother), and Grison.
    I liked Talon as well, and would have been appropriate given her foot claws. I'd be careful about using something obscure like Grison since it's unlikely anyone would actually know what it is.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-16-2020 at 10:09 AM.

I definitely wouldn't go with Garra because that would invite a million Naruto jokes.

BANNED

Laura on the Reign of X cover in the Wolverine suit from before she entered the Vault. No idea whether it's part of the Vault story or not, tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Laura on the Reign of X cover in the Wolverine suit from before she entered the Vault. No idea whether it's part of the Vault story or not, tho.
    It's not a cover, but a teaser. Laura story will be about getting out of the vault

So, Laura is continuing as Wolverine. Wonder why Logan has a suit and patch instead of his Wolverine uniform?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, Laura is continuing as Wolverine. Wonder why Logan has a suit and patch instead of his Wolverine uniform?
    Because of a specific mission?