Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Since we had amazing Snikt Family bonding in X-Force 9, and Laura is unfortunately missing, by being stucked in Vault, I have something I want to share.
    For a while now I was working on different X-23 toys and repainting them, trying to change into other uniforms.
    May I present to you Laura "You were dead the second you touched Julian Keller" Kinney.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rakurai; 03-19-2020 at 05:24 AM.

BANNED

If this is supposed to be KYost X-Force, why is she wearing a Wolverine suit?

And UGH! Once again, this is the only sort of Laura content we can get.

because its noncanon

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Since we had amazing Snikt Family bonding in X-Force 9, and Laura is unfortunately missing, by being stucked in Vault, I have something I want to share.
    For a while now I was working on different X-23 toys and repainting them, trying to change into other uniforms.
    May I present to you Laura "You were dead the second you touched Julian Keller" Kinney.
    Those are cool. Was hoping to see more Laura with the newest round of xbooks. Would be neat if they used some of her throwback costumes in future books.

Astonishing Member

Laura is a zombie
    IMG_20200331_110558.jpg

Marvel zombies resurrection variant

Can someone who is a more active Laura fan please explain this to me. I thought Laura was well liked. By fans and people at marvel. That she sold comics. That she is a character that’s a part of Marvels present and future plans. So why isn’t she being used? I honestly don’t understand this. Is it just because Hickman doesn’t have any plans for her at this moment?

I’m quite surprised, in a bad way, to see her not being used. It feels sudden and odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Can someone who is a more active Laura fan please explain this to me. I thought Laura was well liked. By fans and people at marvel. That she sold comics. That she is a character that’s a part of Marvels present and future plans. So why isn’t she being used? I honestly don’t understand this. Is it just because Hickman doesn’t have any plans for her at this moment?

I’m quite surprised, in a bad way, to see her not being used. It feels sudden and odd.
    pretty much. She was used quite consistently before Dawn of X. Dont worry as this will be temprary. Its the same thing that happened to Illyana whom was barely used in ResurrXion despite becoming an A-list X-men in the books in the years prior to it. Now she's back to being a favorite again and all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

She is a well liked character and sold comics very well.

There is plans, she was in x-men #5. She was locked into the vault with Synch and Darwin. Seems like it will take some time to see them again

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    pretty much. She was used quite consistently before Dawn of X. Dont worry as this will be temprary. Its the same thing that happened to Illyana whom was barely used in ResurrXion despite becoming an A-list X-men in the books in the years prior to it. Now she's back to being a favorite again and all over the place
    I feel like it’s the opposite.

Laura is off the board right now because Hickman has specific plans for her in the future — plans that are based upon her being off the board for the moment.

X-Men #5 read to me like Hickman was a fan of Laura and aware of what fans of Laura feel. The “I am Wolverine” moment.

This whole Vault thing is setting up Laura’s return to be a big moment. Not an after thought. Not everything needs to be instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel like it’s the opposite.

Laura is off the board right now because Hickman has specific plans for her in the future — plans that are based upon her being off the board for the moment.

X-Men #5 read to me like Hickman was a fan of Laura and aware of what fans of Laura feel. The “I am Wolverine” moment.

This whole Vault thing is setting up Laura’s return to be a big moment. Not an after thought. Not everything needs to be instant gratification.
    I got the opposite out of that. The story was treating her like she's a more disposable version of Logan. But I'm pretty cynical about this whole thing.

Laura is popular, she sold very well in books even when the rest of the X line sucked. Seeing her get shunted off and added to Hickmans' pile of 'future plot points for other people to deal with in a year' aggravates me.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I got the opposite out of that. The story was treating her like she's a more disposable version of Logan. But I'm pretty cynical about this whole thing.

Laura is popular, she sold very well in books even when the rest of the X line sucked. Seeing her get shunted off and added to Hickmans' pile of 'future plot points for other people to deal with in a year' aggravates me.
    Well, to be clear, I'm not trying to say you have to be happy they chose this direction for her. And I can definitely not necessarily trusting Marvel on things.

But, Hickman could have chosen any X-characters. He's the head honcho. His choices of Laura, Synch and Darwin seemed very specific to me. Hell, he even went through all the trouble of bringing Synch back to life for it, complete with making him the focus of data pages. That doesn't make me think they were chosen for disposability reasons.

The Editorial staff now is pretty much the same as the one that gave Laura solo books the past few years. They're not ignorant of her value.

BANNED

What annoys me, besides the lack of ANY news about her (or that no one seems to care she's gone. Logan, Gabby, and Daken were happily playing stab-roulette a nd not the least bit worried about her) is that she's once again thrown into the Wolverine name without preamble, after having GIVEN IT UP without preamble.

And frankly, I think Laura's popularity and ability to sell books is coming DESPITE Marvel, not because of them. Outside of her solo books she's been poorly handled by the X-Office since Secret Wars (sidelined so Old Man Logan could appear in 20 books and got all the Wolverine stuff to do in events, never letting us see the moment she decided to call herself Wolverine, or the decision to go back to X-23 in the first place, etc.).

Marvel is actually making me MISS Bendis' ANXM. However badly he fumbled her, at least it gave us interesting development like the Teen Scott teases (I still think there was a lot of missed potential there) or seeing how Laura reacted to learning the Ultimate Universe was an even BIGGER shithole than 616 (while I didn't care for the choice of dialogue, I think her overall reaction was pretty spot-on).

I SHOULD NOT BE MISSING BENDIS.

The Ultimate Universe: where Jean raping Wolverine's son because she wanted to sleep with Wolverine, but couldn't because he was dead wouldn't even crack the top 10 of terrible terrible things.

And yeah, it could be that whatever Hickman has planned with her is amazing, but right now she's totally off the table with a dozen other plotlines ahead of her. And with the virus delaying all comics and possibly killing Diamond Publishing entirely, it could literally be years before she shows up again. I had hoped she would show up when she was in some of the OUTLAWED splash pages
    Last edited by pkingdom; 04-01-2020 at 12:12 AM.

BANNED

I would not shed a tear if Diamond goes TU in the aftermath of all this.

But I don't like X's story being a casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The Ultimate Universe: where Jean raping Wolverine's son because she wanted to sleep with Wolverine, but couldn't because he was dead wouldn't even crack the top 10 of terrible terrible things.

And yeah, it could be that whatever Hickman has planned with her is amazing, but right now she's totally off the table with a dozen other plotlines ahead of her. And with the virus delaying all comics and possibly killing Diamond Publishing entirely, it could literally be years before she shows up again. I had hoped she would show up when she was in some of the OUTLAWED splash pages
    I don't think it will take years... well some people said that pym took years to show up again on his avengers run,
    Would be bad taste take poc characters for such long time. I think x-men #5 was a big mess