Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I liked that her solo series only had her acting tangentially with the main X characters. It let her feel like her own person and not just an extension of their going-ons. Its so easy to get lost in the crowd with X books, especially with the mountain pile of young mutant characters.

BANNED

Seems we missed it, but Sunday was Laura's birthday. She first appeared on that date 17 years ago in X-Men: Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Seems we missed it, but Sunday was Laura's birthday. She first appeared on that date 17 years ago in X-Men: Evolution.
    Has it been that long? Wow! I feel old.

But seriously, I remember that day well. As soon as I saw that episode, I knew she was special. I could easily envision her becoming a big part of the larger Marvel universe. She was such a compelling character. And she really brought out the best in Logan, which would later translate perfectly in the movie. She's a great character and in 17 years, she has really carved a remarkable place for herself in comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

So x-23 is trending on Twitter due to Gail Simone. Pick 5 xmen. She's appearing most frequently of the xmen hope marvel takes notes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So x-23 is trending on Twitter due to Gail Simone. Pick 5 xmen. She's appearing most frequently of the xmen hope marvel takes notes

I hope this doesn't happen. Given negative remarks I've seen her make regarding characters who are similar to Laura in temperament and abilities, I don't think she would be a good fit for X-23, or at least the Kyle/Yost version.
    Last edited by Mia; 08-09-2020 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

Fun Fact: Kyle and Yost last wrote Laura TEN YEARS AGO. Over TWICE as much time has passed since they last penned her, as the amount of time they DID write her.

Creators or not, it's LONG past time to acknowledge that they have no control over her direction or development, and frankly theirs is only a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-09-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Fun Fact: Kyle and Yost last wrote Laura TEN YEARS AGO. Over TWICE as much time has passed since they last penned her, as the amount of time they DID write her.

Creators or not, it's LONG past time to acknowledge that they have no control over her direction or development, and frankly theirs is only a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.
    uh imagine saying the CREATORS of the character they wrote for seven years were only there for “a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    uh imagine saying the CREATORS of the character they wrote for seven years were only there for “a relatively brief moment of her history and characterization.”
    That's LITERALLY what I'm saying (also, it was only five years. Innocence Lost was in 2005, and their run of X-Force ended in 2010, which is the last time they wrote her. They haven't done anything with her in the books since 2010). She's NOT a creator-owned character. There comes a point where people need to acknowledge that reality and move on.

That doesn't mean disrespect for what they created, or having enjoyed the stories. It's recognizing they are just ONE set of writers and that she has evolved past where they left her.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 08-09-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I hope this doesn't happen. Given negative remarks I've seen her make regarding characters who are similar to Laura in temperament and abilities, I don't think she would be a good fit for X-23, or at least the Kyle/Yost version.
    It wasn't her. It was mostly comming up from fans who were picking their 5 xmen team. (And yes their was a lot of wolverine(x-23)/wolverine(laura) appering. I'm not hoping she's writing her. Its more of take note marvel shes gotten preaty popular and another of people want to se her on a team maybe speed up the return from the vault

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It wasn't her. It was mostly comming up from fans who were picking their 5 xmen team. (And yes their was a lot of wolverine(x-23)/wolverine(laura) appering. I'm not hoping she's writing her. Its more of take note marvel shes gotten preaty popular and another of people want to se her on a team maybe speed up the return from the vault
    Great thanks for the clarification.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...46150294474753

The post is about Jean, but in the comments Taylor says that Laura and Gabby will get a role in his new event.

BANNED

If it gets Laura out of the Vault I'm all in.

If it gets Laura out of the Vault I'm all in.
    Alternate reality.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Alternate reality.
    God dammit.

Astonishing Member

God dammit.
    Ben Percy is teasing someting for tomorrow. So maybe thiers hope