Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

I miss Laura. She was one of the few mutants I actually liked and felt like she could carry her own series outside of the usual X shenanigans. Now she's in limbo as one of a dozen hanging plotlines that aren't progressing, and last two appearances veered wildly from insulting and out of character to being kind-of disposable.

And yes, I unlocked her in Marvel Strike Force. The X-force team is broken as hell

Hope to see her again in 2020 but I doubt it. Maybe next year?

Astonishing Member

What are the odds they pull a hank pym ? Have them gone for so long they only way to make people care is to have them become a evil half robot in graphic novel and have literally no one chare about the change. Did he even do anything since that ?

I would really love for Marvel to print complete collections of the recent X-23 and All-New Wolverine series.
    I'd buy them in a heartbeat. They did it for Liu's run so hopefully they sold really well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    What are the odds they pull a hank pym ? Have them gone for so long they only way to make people care is to have them become a evil half robot in graphic novel and have literally no one chare about the change. Did he even do anything since that ?
    Us x-fans don't even know who that is!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I can't even use UMvC3 to get over the Laura absence cuz I suck so bad at the game.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope to see her again in 2020 but I doubt it. Maybe next year?
    Probably true, sadly. I think the extended shut-down of the comics industry really derailed a lot of plans. I think the plot with the Children of the Vault is going to be tabled or dragged out, which will leave Laura in limbo. It's sad, but it's a product of awful circumstances that nobody at Marvel could've planned for.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I'm still afraid this is just going to be an excuse to slowly start dropping her and the other Wolverine Family characters. When is even the last time Laura actually had something MEANINGFUL to do? Her time as Wolverine always felt like it was shoved off into its own little corner where it didn't factor into the larger X-world, with Old Man Logan getting all the important Wolverine stuff in events and major plot lines. They couldn't even be bothered to involve her in the Return Of... stuff except a completely chance involvement in a tie-in book.

I’ve always felt like Laura needs her own space as a character, separate from Wolverine. Would’ve loved to have seen her in an X-Force film (or maybe now a Dis+ series) with Cable, Domino and Psylocke; with cameos by Deadpool. I feel like that would’ve taken her down a path in mass media that would’ve had repercussions in the comics and elsewhere. For example, they added X-Force skins in the wildly popular Fortnite game which gets millions of eyeballs. If Laura was lumped in with those four as the new foundation of X-Force, the X-men’s more violent and mature spinoff team, she would’ve likely gotten her own skin as well. Just thinking out loud here, but I’m really hoping Disney decides to keep a mature, R-rated corner of the X-men universe and that Laura is a part of that along with Cable, Domino, Deadpool and Psylocke, among others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ve always felt like Laura needs her own space as a character, separate from Wolverine. Would’ve loved to have seen her in an X-Force film (or maybe now a Dis+ series) with Cable, Domino and Psylocke; with cameos by Deadpool. I feel like that would’ve taken her down a path in mass media that would’ve had repercussions in the comics and elsewhere. For example, they added X-Force skins in the wildly popular Fortnite game which gets millions of eyeballs. If Laura was lumped in with those four as the new foundation of X-Force, the X-men’s more violent and mature spinoff team, she would’ve likely gotten her own skin as well. Just thinking out loud here, but I’m really hoping Disney decides to keep a mature, R-rated corner of the X-men universe and that Laura is a part of that along with Cable, Domino, Deadpool and Psylocke, among others.
    I'd love to see an X-23 game. She'd be a great subject for an Assassin's Creed/Tomb Raider Reboot-style stealth-actioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd love to see an X-23 game. She'd be a great subject for an Assassin's Creed/Tomb Raider Reboot-style stealth-actioner.
    Ever play The Last of Us? I can imagine the up close melee kills with Laura. Just imagine her jamming her claws into someone's neck

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ever play The Last of Us? I can imagine the up close melee kills with Laura. Just imagine her jamming her claws into someone's neck
    No, never played it

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    No, never played it
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-28-2020 at 10:20 PM.

To be honest, after her character development in ANW, I don't really want to see Laura get shoved onto one of the many mutant murder squads like X-force anymore. Kind of felt she had grown past that.

My ideal videogame with her is something like Persona with the younger Marvel characters. She's in a weird space where she's older than most of them but not quite old enough to be with the main-ish groups. Would make her a good leader for the younger heroes.

BANNED

No, putting X-23 on one of the baby new mutants books would be the real hell.

She's graduated into a mainstream character. Should definitely be on one of the major X-Men teams.

I meant less leading the baby mutants and more leading a group of like Ms. Marvel, Miles, Robbie Reyes, Amadeus Cho, etc. Although now that I think about it that would kind of make her the 'Wolverine' of the younger generation