Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ben Percy is teasing someting for tomorrow. So maybe thiers hope
    I've lost all confidence in Percy after X-force this week. Its gotten really bad.

I'll just hide over here and keep myself entertained with Laura in Marvel Strike Force. She's really fun

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I've lost all confidence in Percy after X-force this week. Its gotten really bad.

I'll just hide over here and keep myself entertained with Laura in Marvel Strike Force. She's really fun
    Which thing of X-Force, the over use of death to the point that it’s gotten ridiculous or forgetting how Cece’s powers work in which it would have prevented her death?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which thing of X-Force, the over use of death to the point that it’s gotten ridiculous or forgetting how Cece’s powers work in which it would have prevented her death?
    C) all of the above

C) all of the above
    This was honestly the problem that I had with them literally giving the X-Men an infinite respawn button. Comic death already toes the line to being pointless due to characters coming back but thanks to this, it’s lost all meaning. Them being able to bring them back should be something that’s a last resort in the event if something tragic like what happened with the suicide mission in House if X. That had a weight to it. Now, death might as well be a paper cut with how lax the X-Men have gotten resulting in their members dying time and time again in less than a year. It’s things like that plus the anti-climactic solution to the Kitty resurrection issue that’s the reason I can’t get emotionally invested in life or death ordeals with Krakoa because stakes don’t exist in this status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This was honestly the problem that I had with them literally giving the X-Men an infinite respawn button. Comic death already toes the line to being pointless due to characters coming back but thanks to this, it’s lost all meaning. Them being able to bring them back should be something that’s a last resort in the event if something tragic like what happened with the suicide mission in House if X. That had a weight to it. Now, death might as well be a paper cut with how lax the X-Men have gotten resulting in their members dying time and time again in less than a year. It’s things like that plus the anti-climactic solution to the Kitty resurrection issue that’s the reason I can’t get emotionally invested in life or death ordeals with Krakoa because stakes don’t exist in this status quo.
    Basically. Who cares if they lose or have no security? Just pop a new one out and move on. Even in story they barely care about these things. It feels like a formality that they're waiting around for characters like Laura to be confirmed dead before respawning them. I was one of the few who felt even the initial use in HoXPoX ruined the tension of the scene in hindsight. Unless every psychic on the island is at risk at the same time, or most of the 5 are, then there are no stakes.

This is AMAZING

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Basically. Who cares if they lose or have no security? Just pop a new one out and move on. Even in story they barely care about these things. It feels like a formality that they're waiting around for characters like Laura to be confirmed dead before respawning them. I was one of the few who felt even the initial use in HoXPoX ruined the tension of the scene in hindsight. Unless every psychic on the island is at risk at the same time, or most of the 5 are, then there are no stakes.
    But if they did that, then it would completely shatter the illusion of immortality; they would have to come to the terms with the existential horror of the fact that they are dead, and the returned are but facsimiles... kinda happy she's off the board in this environment.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    This is AMAZING

OH MY GOD THAT'S AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    But if they did that, then it would completely shatter the illusion of immortality; they would have to come to the terms with the existential horror of the fact that they are dead, and the returned are but facsimiles... kinda happy she's off the board in this environment.
    More than almost any other character I can't believe she'd be OK with the mass cloning thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ben Percy is teasing someting for tomorrow. So maybe thiers hope
    Haven't heard anything so far.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Haven't heard anything so far.
    Never mind it was logan using magnetos helmet as a piss pot and some covers. Never have hope

No news about Laura coming back to comics, so the only nice thing to do is playing MSF with her - reason I started and I really enjoy the game.
    While looking at next week comics I've seen this variant. Probably no Laura in this story, but it's still nice cover.
    STL152019.jpg

I hope that after XoS is over (I'm planning to sleep on the event) the Children of the Vault story will continue.

BANNED

I'm really getting tired of the only news we have about Laura being variant covers for books SHE'S NOT EVEN APPEARING IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I dont see necessary the illusion of immortality.

This is by far my biggest grip, the more hard instance, the villains, shady decisions, the isolation, new setting ect.. i can a pass all of this, some of them i even like it.

But the death protocols are game breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not bad for a new addition; most new characters never get this kind of following.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)