Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I'm optimistic she will have some sort of role soon.

BANNED

So apparently not a peep about Laura at C2E2.

And now we wait more.

Hickman said that each of the first 12 issues of x-men would launch a new series, then they changed it. So Laura adventure might not launch a new team book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And now we wait more.

Hickman said that each of the first 12 issues of x-men would launch a new series, then they changed it. So Laura adventure might not launch a new team book
    It's less about a team book more about the wait, with x of swords presumably being about old krakatoa akatoa that's January the earliest for the vault plot to be brought up. Setting up plot points and letting them site for years at a time is geting annoying especially after hyping them up to be relivent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    It's less about a team book more about the wait, with x of swords presumably being about old krakatoa akatoa that's January the earliest for the vault plot to be brought up. Setting up plot points and letting them site for years at a time is geting annoying especially after hyping them up to be relivent.
    Doesn't help that a lot of those plots are way more interesting than what's going on now. I don't even know how to describe what's been going on in New Mutants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Doesn't help that a lot of those plots are way more interesting than what's going on now. I don't even know how to describe what's been going on in New Mutants
    Look at how hank pim was used in his avengers run dissipeared for 3 years, comes back showing the living tribunal being killed by did we care? No. Because waiting 3 years killed intrest.

Look at how hank pim was used in his avengers run dissipeared for 3 years, comes back showing the living tribunal being killed by did we care? No. Because waiting 3 years killed intrest.
    3 years is too long to care. I barely even remember hank pym on his avengers

yeah chilldren of the vault seems a very interest plot. new mutants at this point is very filler
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-29-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Not exactly X-23 but pertains to her. So given that her clone sisters are clones of her, who didn’t develop powers, aside from Gabby, would the resurrection protocols be able to fix the problem with their DNA that they’d come back with her powers? In fact, could they not use Laura’s DNA to revive them into fully functional mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not exactly X-23 but pertains to her. So given that her clone sisters are clones of her, who didn’t develop powers, aside from Gabby, would the resurrection protocols be able to fix the problem with their DNA that they’d come back with her powers? In fact, could they not use Laura’s DNA to revive them into fully functional mutants?
    Since they were never mutants, their minds were never saved to Cerebro.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You would immediately get into the (tired, imo) sci fi discussion of if you change a persons' DNA that much, are they even the same person? And if you can just graft X-genes onto people it kind of scews the metaphor and stuff. Though I guess it would fit in with all the navel gazing going on.

You would immediately get into the (tired, imo) sci fi discussion of if you change a persons' DNA that much, are they even the same person? And if you can just graft X-genes onto people it kind of scews the metaphor and stuff. Though I guess it would fit in with all the navel gazing going on.
    Furthermore, a fact that is never discussed is the matter of epigenetics: if genetics is the 'book' of a person, epigenetics is how the book is read.

I have even heard recently that applying a pressure on a embryo can change how the cells will differentiate themselves.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And now we wait more.

Too much waiting. We had such a steady influx of Laura for the past couple years that I got used to reading my favorite character regularly.

Astonishing Member

It's X-men tradition, really.

Laura hunting.

X23.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So apparently not a peep about Laura at C2E2.
    I was disappointed in that too, but I have a feeling that the abrupt end of Fallen Angels had an impact on that. I think if that series continued, it would've been the primary driving force for Laura's story. It'll take time to get her in a new book. Personally, I hope she joins the cast in X-Force, just so we can see her and Logan interact more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.