Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    After just how abysmally Laura has been used in Fallen Angels I'm reserving judgment. ESPECIALLY seeing her in a Wolverine suit again after Marvel completely @#$&ed her over the last time she put it on.
    Just recently on fallen angels she complained about being on Logan's shadow.

Well I guess not really now LOL

I think they released fallen angels just for kickstart kwannon story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Laura starting off the year on a great note
    Whoa, This looks so much better.
    Even if she isn't going to use the Wolverine name she should keep the mask

That costume looks great, and has a bit of Nadia Pym's Wasp look about it, which is perfect for an expedition. Very much looking forward to Hickman's Laura too.

A healing factor and claws, an ability to survive and a synchronous link... suggests a hazardous environment indeed.

I wish Marvel would make up their mind as to whether or not they want Laura to have her own distinct look or piggyback off of Logan’s. I’m not a fan of the way the cowl looks on her, I prefer a domino mask type of look.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

I prefer her cowl to be separate from her costume suit, and made of a hard molded material, kind of like her black ANW costume. Also add the body-armor jacket.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Who are the other two in the picture?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I wish Marvel would make up their mind as to whether or not they want Laura to have her own distinct look or piggyback off of Logan’s. I’m not a fan of the way the cowl looks on her, I prefer a domino mask type of look.
    IMO she never should have given up the Wolveirne name in the first place. Especially off-panel and with the cheap ass handwave they gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I prefer her cowl to be separate from her costume suit, and made of a hard molded material, kind of like her black ANW costume. Also add the body-armor jacket.
    It's hard to tell because of the JJ Abrams Lens Flare, but it appears that the cowl is a separate piece from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Who are the other two in the picture?
    Darwin and Sync.

I agree, Laura didn't even know Logan was back, so her giving up the cowl didn't make sense before Age of X-Man. In Tomaki's run, even if the book was called X-23, she should've still been Wolverine.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Laura starting off the year on a great note
    Thank you!! This looks so much better than what we've had for her since Logan came back!
    After taking away the Wolverine title and costume with a weak excuse and reducing her to an amateur supporting character from solo status where she despised Logan's shadow, she's getting a Wolverine costume again and will be on a mission that will be important in the future by Hickman himself! She's definitely starting off the year on a great note!

Now if they give Daken a Wolverine costume too and all three will be sporting a Wolverine attire, I'm gonna faint Please Marvel, make it happen!!
    Be kind, it's FREE

A better "WOLVERINES!" team that would be, not that ad hoc grouping that jobbed to a crazy treacherous Mystique who preferred existence to end (and become Secret Wars) after learning that Destiny was'nt planning to resurrect for her all along.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

So, is X-23 a guest-star or a regular in that issue?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not sure yet. Since apparently the book is going to have a rotating cast it's unclear whether this is a one-shot or a longer arc.

Also, guess who got to be the Page Image for Technical Pacifist over on TV Tropes.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-02-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The thing about Dox is, while X-Men remains a brand for the titles, the "team books" are no longer "teams" per se, as the Hickman theory is that all mutants in Krakoa are usable in whatever storyline the writer of any given title needs to tell, simply bringing in extra characters when they must figure in the narrative, while keeping the key "lead" characters visible. This is seen in "New Mutants" which is technically a show-piece to feature all "next-gen" mutant character aside from the "adult" X-Men members. But these same characters can show up in the main "X-Men" title as seen here for issue 5.

I like the new costume. I hope it sticks around. I personally never liked her current/latest X-23 costume because the length of the pants bother me lol.

I am sort of in a toss up because I understand the power of legacy in reaching to the comic fan market. But Laura is one of few characters who has sustainable brand of their own I think they should be working on establish her thing. I like the costume, I don't mind her having the name Wolverine as well but I have seen happen enough that older character always gets precedence over other character.

We have already seen it happen once (with her going back X-23 when Wolverine was brought back) but at some point some writer thinks you are going to need to refocus Logan and think there is to be only one true Wolverine. And they will strip away stuff from Laura just because they are refocusing Logan. I call this the "Wally West effect". Wally West was arguably the most successful flash and because Barry was the original and some writer wanted to re-establish that they strip everything away from Wally and left him a weird limbo which he never really recovered from.

Part of me see the suit and think it is cool but the other part me would rather she be called "Talon" or some other name feral/wolf/animal sounding name that sounds cool. And in a suit that distinctively hers alone and a push of her as her own thing. He is not the completely the best example but Nightwing never has to worry about Batman coming along swipe his name and suit because he is clearly in his own lane. Basically I rather her be "Nightwing" than "Wally West".