Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Look who's coming back

Yesss, finally! Hope the waiting was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its about damn time. But there are only 2 real possibilities: they all died quickly or we'll get an old woman Laura out of this.
    No, there is also stasis, or they screwed with the time dilation device, and time is now flowing normally or even more slowly there now.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

My biggest concern is that they'll have the characters killed, with the lone survivor getting word back to have them resurrected. And then they'll pull a Rockslide on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My biggest concern is that they'll have the characters killed, with the lone survivor getting word back to have them resurrected. And then they'll pull a Rockslide on them.
    IMHO, the whole cloning thing is just replacing the characters with copies, not true resurrections, so to me, everyone has been Rockslide-ed. But I guess we'll see what's what in a couple of months.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    IMHO, the whole cloning thing is just replacing the characters with copies, not true resurrections, so to me, everyone has been Rockslide-ed. But I guess we'll see what's what in a couple of months.
    Yeah, honestly if Laura dies and gets "Resurrected", I think I'm done.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

What exactly was the ruling with Madelyne Pryor?
    She wouldn't be "resurrected" because she was a clone or because she wasn't really a mutant?
    Context is king.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    She wouldn't be "resurrected" because she was a clone or because she wasn't really a mutant?
    This never sat well with me. If a person is cloned then wouldn't the x gene be cloned as well?

Spectacular Member

My biggest concern about this whole vault thing is that the writers will find a way to turn the 3 of them into some sort of MacGuffin, or into some sort of technoGod Machine. I'm just afraid the writers will do something that will make Laura into a totally unrecognisable parody of herself.

I think the decision was that because she was some kind of psychic clone of Jean that she wasn't enough of a 'real' person to bring back. It stank badly for me, because she had long shown that she was her own person and not just some kind of Jean offshoot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I think the decision was that because she was some kind of psychic clone of Jean that she wasn't enough of a 'real' person to bring back. It stank badly for me, because she had long shown that she was her own person and not just some kind of Jean offshoot.
    I think the problem is that she wanted to destroy Krakoa, why would you ressurrect someone like that? ok that Krakoa is full of villains, but you don't need another.
    The clone thing must be a excuse. But Jordan White explained that what gave Maddie life was Jean soul.

Laura and Cuckoos seems enough to be ressurrected, Gaby too

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yesss, finally! Hope the waiting was worth it!
    Indeed, nice to see Laura again.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Maddie in Hellions wasnt the real Maddie. She died in Inferno and merged with Jean. Hellions Maddie was some psychic ghost created by Nate Grey whom got a body that was magically altered to look like Jean. She was a special case adn didnt qualify for resurrection as per the Council's ruling.

Yeah, honestly if Laura dies and gets "Resurrected", I think I'm done.
    Yeah.
    Course, on the other hand, if they do the resurrection thing and she basically gets rebooted to her age and memories from before her leaving and it's never brought up again after Hickman's Krakoa thing has run its course and X-Men gets back to normal, I might be able to roll with that. Comics do weird crap all the time and you'll eventually have to stop reading your favorite characters if you decide a bad creative decision is it for you.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah.
    Course, on the other hand, if they do the resurrection thing and she basically gets rebooted to her age and memories from before her leaving and it's never brought up again after Hickman's Krakoa thing has run its course and X-Men gets back to normal, I might be able to roll with that. Comics do weird crap all the time and you'll eventually have to stop reading your favorite characters if you decide a bad creative decision is it for you.
    and that's why comics retain a pathetically small readership. (Well one of many reasons.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-15-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    Context is king.

Question for X-23 fans: Do you like her going by Wolverine? Or X-23? Or would you like to see her get another codename of her own?

If you like her as Wolverine, a follow up question: Do you like Logan also keeping the codename, or should he drop it/pass the mantle to her since he wants her to be a better superhero than he views himself as being?

Obviously no wrong answer here. I’m just curious as to what Laura’s fans think/want to see. As a Logan fan, I’m perhaps an oddity in that I wouldn’t mind him passing the mantle to her and no longer going by Wolverine. I’d change his book’s title to Weapon X and have hers be Wolverine. As to whether or not Logan actually goes by Weapon X, however... well, he probably wouldn’t choose that name for himself considering what the program did to him. But others might call him that. Especially military types like Fury and SHIELD, or even some villains he faces. Once they find out that Laura is Wolverine now and he’s not going by that. Just in the absence of another codename.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-15-2020 at 09:41 AM.