Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Seeing this team makes me a little worried. Looks like a team of red shirts but I guess with the new Karoka that’s not a massive problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am sort of in a toss up because I understand the power of legacy in reaching to the comic fan market. But Laura is one of few characters who has sustainable brand of their own I think they should be working on establish her thing. I like the costume, I don't mind her having the name Wolverine as well but I have seen happen enough that older character always gets precedence over other character.

We have already seen it happen once (with her going back X-23 when Wolverine was brought back) but at some point some writer thinks you are going to need to refocus Logan and think there is to be only one true Wolverine. And they will strip away stuff from Laura just because they are refocusing Logan. I call this the "Wally West effect". Wally West was arguably the most successful flash and because Barry was the original and some writer wanted to re-establish that they strip everything away from Wally and left him a weird limbo which he never really recovered from.

Part of me see the suit and think it is cool but the other part me would rather she be called "Talon" or some other name feral/wolf/animal sounding name that sounds cool. And in a suit that distinctively hers alone and a push of her as her own thing. He is not the completely the best example but Nightwing never has to worry about Batman coming along swipe his name and suit because he is clearly in his own lane. Basically I rather her be "Nightwing" than "Wally West".
    To be fair, Barry's return isn't what caused Wally's problems. New 52 is. He was retconned out of existence for five years, replaced by a black kid (which was TV synergy, as Kid Flash is black in the Flash TV show). Rebirth brought the original Wally back and explained the New 52 one as his same named cousin (who now uses his full name, Wallace West). The older Wally was basically treated as being from an AU. His wife doesn't even remember him, his kids seemingly no longer exist (he finds them in the current Flash Forward mini).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also barry wasn't the original Flash.

Astonishing Member

I'm glad she's out of Fallen Angels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Seeing this team makes me a little worried. Looks like a team of red shirts but I guess with the new Karoka that’s not a massive problem.
    Hickman loves Synch and wouldn't sideline him after just bringing him back after almost two decades. Besides, there are no red shirts anymore, as you alluded to. So excited for this team-up, and I love seeing Laura in her Wolverine gear again.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tycon View Post

laura starting off the year on a great note
    Yay she back in the suit. It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Hickman loves Synch and wouldn't sideline him after just bringing him back after almost two decades. Besides, there are no red shirts anymore, as you alluded to. So excited for this team-up, and I love seeing Laura in her Wolverine gear again.
    Technically everyone is a red shirt now. Dying is just more a mild inconvenience. Writers are free to put everybody through the meat grinder, where it used to just be Logan cause he could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Technically everyone is a red shirt now. Dying is just more a mild inconvenience. Writers are free to put everybody through the meat grinder, where it used to just be Logan cause he could handle it.
    Though, the only one doing that is Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Also barry wasn't the original Flash.
    He was for the consolidated DC universe.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

yeah but will she be going back to Wolverine in universe? This really makes NO sense with what Hill is currently putting out in FA where he has her wanting to get out of Logan's shadow. What a mess

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah but will she be going back to Wolverine in universe? This really makes NO sense with what Hill is currently putting out in FA where he has her wanting to get out of Logan's shadow. What a mess
    As expected of Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Hill said that line was a mistake and he just wanted a cool line. But giving what Hickman was planning he shouldn't have had a line like that
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 01-03-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm glad she's out of Fallen Angels.
    Wait, what?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wait, what?
    Well, the book is ending, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, Barry's return isn't what caused Wally's problems. New 52 is. He was retconned out of existence for five years, replaced by a black kid (which was TV synergy, as Kid Flash is black in the Flash TV show).
    That's not true. N52 came before the show.