Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I hate the term merry Sue to describe a character’s. It was from star trek fans bullying a girl for writing a self insert fanfic not staring a male character. The criteria for Mary Sue literary fits most main characters especially those who are the chosen one arcitype.
    No, it was a parody of a self insert fan fiction character created by one Paula Smith, for a fanzine.

Here's the story in all it's glory.

"Gee, golly, gosh, gloriosky," thought Mary Sue as she stepped on the bridge of the Enterprise. "Here I am, the youngest lieutenant in the fleet - only fifteen and a half years old." Captain Kirk came up to her. "Oh, Lieutenant, I love you madly. Will you come to bed with me?" "Captain! I am not that kind of girl!" "You're right, and I respect you for it. Here, take over the ship for a minute while I go get some coffee for us." Mr. Spock came onto the bridge. "What are you doing in the command seat, Lieutenant?" "The Captain told me to." "Flawlessly logical. I admire your mind."

Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Mr. Scott beamed down with Lt. Mary Sue to Rigel XXXVII. They were attacked by green androids and thrown into prison. In a moment of weakness Lt. Mary Sue revealed to Mr. Spock that she too was half Vulcan. Recovering quickly, she sprung the lock with her hairpin and they all got away back to the ship.

But back on board, Dr. McCoy and Lt. Mary Sue found out that the men who had beamed down were seriously stricken by the jumping cold robbies , Mary Sue less so. While the four officers languished in Sick Bay, Lt. Mary Sue ran the ship, and ran it so well she received the Nobel Peace Prize, the Vulcan Order of Gallantry and the Tralfamadorian Order of Good Guyhood.

However the disease finally got to her and she fell fatally ill. In the Sick Bay as she breathed her last, she was surrounded by Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, and Mr. Scott, all weeping unashamedly at the loss of her beautiful youth and youthful beauty, intelligence, capability and all around niceness. Even to this day her birthday is a national holiday of the Enterprise.
    It was intended to be an object of ridicule from the get go. (The term has lost all meaning in recent years, as people will throw it at any female character demonstrating the slightest bit of competency.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-02-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    spoilers:
    For once the New X-Men get some love, it happens when Laura is stuck in the Vault...
    end of spoilers
    It's kind of like my issue with X-Force 9.We get beautifull issue, characters getting together, and I really love it, it was amazing read, but somewhere deep I'd love for Laura to be there, even in the background.

spoilers:
    For once the New X-Men get some love, it happens when Laura is stuck in the Vault...
    end of spoilers
    laura didnt know Sofia so I dont think she was really missed here. The focus was on Academy X, not the latter incarnation that included Laura

Astonishing Member

Now that Electra is taking over ad DD while Matt's in jail, would be really nice to see a wolverine DD team up

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I know how you feel, but this gives Laura even more to come back to. I hope this sets the stage for whatever role she takes on next.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I know how you feel, but this gives Laura even more to come back to. I hope this sets the stage for whatever role she takes on next.
    As Havok pointed out, Laura didn't know Sofia (she was leaving at the same time Laura arrived) so unless some writer decides to set up a love triangle between her, Sofia, and Julian, (because what's a Wolverine without a love triangle?) she's not coming back to anything more than she left.