Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'm reading it again and Emma had an outfit and wig change between the Shaw owning and the Red Manor party. Also Christian changed his outfit. Jumbo must be working hard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Having Jewish Kate and Black Bishop fighting Hatemonger. Genius lmaoooo
    The issue #6 discourse about punching nazis is going to be extremely good. Can't wait for the Youtube videos from all my "classical liberal" friends!

Another great issue. Storm just pulled out a knife the instant the power dampeners went on and immediately stabbed someone in the eye, she was ready this time
    And that scene where Bishop paid a kid out of his own pocket to send him home and stop him from killing any mutants was really great as well.

Using Bobby to slow down climate change is nice, I sure wish we had an Iceman in real life. The Mercury looks like a fun little submarine, I wonder who Christian is going to get to crew it
    I love the little commentary on what an unfortunate name The Upstart is. It seems like Sebastian was trying to get Shinobi out of harms way by sending the Marauder to Madripoor, but Emma and Kate blocked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm reading it again and Emma had an outfit and wig change between the Shaw owning and the Red Manor party. Also Christian changed his outfit. Jumbo must be working hard.
    haha, Emma's wardrobe > 1 suit for every day of the month that are given away to charity at the end of the month when the new shipment of suits arrives.

Kate's wardrobe > several of the same outfit, all expensive and well tailored (because Emma absolutely insists), along with the best boots money can buy, and a collection of swords that Emma thought Kate would like!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I LOVED THIS ISSUE.

Storm coming out the works with a Freaking Vibranium Knife!!! LOL Geez.

Iceman and Christian are cute I like that duo. Was hoping for some funny Pyro dialogue.

This was great. I loved everything

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I noticed that too! She went from long to short. Werk mama! And yes our boy Jumbo has 4 arms, thank the goddess.
    Last edited by JB; 01-01-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I liked this issue. Sure, Christian is written like Emma but they are family. I loved Iceman, Storm, and Bishop in this book. Emma of course has been great since this whole era began. I was slow to warm to this book but the last three issues has sold it for me.

Kitty (sorry.. Kate) was great too.

The books are good because they have the necessary action but they also have a lot of social and political components which make each book explore something deeper in this new era. It works very well.
    I agree with everything you said, this book was a complete surprise for me. I wasn't enamored with any of the cast outside of Emma but I've been shocked at how much I enjoy everyone and (almost) everything. I like the concept of a rival hellfire but I hate the brats with a passion

This series just continues to get better and better. I hope Duggan can keep this up and keep giving Storm moments like this. God damn! She showed you'd rather let her keep her powers than depower her. At least then you might get a stunning lightning bolt. She went straight gangsta with the blade out of nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The issue #6 discourse about punching nazis is going to be extremely good. Can't wait for the Youtube videos from all my "classical liberal" friends!
    “Why did Bishop shoot Hatemonger in the legs?? I’m not happy with the violence displayed by the X-Men these days. They are just as bad, they're basically mutant nazis!!!!!!”

Had the biggest smile on my face when I saw Storm pull her Vibranium Knives.
    And to the face!!!
    Can I have that back please.
    (I can go hibernate now)

BANNED

“Why did Bishop shoot Hatemonger in the legs?? I’m not happy with the violence displayed by the X-Men these days. They are just as bad, they're basically mutant nazis!!!!!!”
    "Did this hack liberal writer even read last year's Disassembled where Bishop helps a free speech warrior out. Bishop used to be an awesome law-abiding cop, but now he's yet another Antifa SJW... It's no wonder that book sold and this one doesn't. Maybe editors should do their jobs instead of dictating their worldviews on the rest of us."

"I honestly don't know what comfort I can give you. Everyone needs to accept the new normal of Krakoa".

My response for everything.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I’m over the moon with Duggan’s take on Ororo. I love that she feels like a the well rounded woman of the world As I see her. Her adversarial relationship with Emma was an instant pull when I learned of this lineup. Storm relationship with Kate was one I was as excited for, but it made sense. The way Christian lays things out makes even more sense. So much so that I’m convinced that Emma offered Kate the position knowing full well that Ororo would come along anyway. Storm’s little moment with Bishop was awesome. I would’ve loved to see them hive a little fist bump while she electricity radiating off her, just to charge him up. That would’ve been dope af!

Has anyone deciphered what gate it was Shaw went though? I haven't mastered my Krakoan yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Has anyone deciphered what gate it was Shaw went though? I haven't mastered my Krakoan yet.
    Madripoor.