Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    oh that's disgusting. i need to puke. JayBabs is an abomination

spoilers:
    I wish I could find that old thread with the bleedingcool leak where we were discussing what was going to happen to cause fans to get upset. I remember some people saying that Johns wasn't going to have them hook up, but it just felt so obvious to me.

It sucks that it happened as I hate the continued passing around of Babs to Batman family guys and also Jason continuing to take from Dick's character history. I guess Damian is the only one left that Babs hasn't hooked up with now, haha.
    end of spoilers

I don't hate the idea. I mean for this story I can see how they can make it work.

Dick is too busy being Ric so I got bored of Dickbabs, at least Babs is going for the hot Robin.

But all seriously, in this narrative arc, I can see how it makes sense? Not in real continuity but in a limited series sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Not in real continuity but in a limited series sense.
    The first issue sold a ton. Like 300K issues or something, right? I have to imagine that its success will make the series canon or at least it will be canon in some form. No way this will just be contained in this limited series, imo. Johns will use this again or other writers will use it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I don't hate the idea. I mean for this story I can see how they can make it work.

Dick is too busy being Ric so I got bored of Dickbabs, at least Babs is going for the hot Robin.

But all seriously, in this narrative arc, I can see how it makes sense? Not in real continuity but in a limited series sense.
    Honestly same. I'm curious.

spoilers:
    Isn't Barbara older than Jason? I perceive this relationship to be enthralling, though.
    end of spoilers
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    spoilers:
    I wish I could find that old thread with the bleedingcool leak where we were discussing what was going to happen to cause fans to get upset. I remember some people saying that Johns wasn't going to have them hook up, but it just felt so obvious to me.

It sucks that it happened as I hate the continued passing around of Babs to Batman family guys and also Jason continuing to take from Dick's character history. I guess Damian is the only one left that Babs hasn't hooked up with now, haha.
    end of spoilers
    I think I said it's not gonna happen or I hope it's not gonna happen because it's the first thing people thought, too obvious and lazy

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    spoilers:
    Isn't Barbara older than Jason? I perceive this relationship to be enthralling, though.
    end of spoilers
    Yea and depending on continuity the age difference ranges from 2 years to 13. This is New 52/Rebirth so we lean to the closer age difference.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-25-2020 at 12:05 AM.

It just feels lowkey exploitative they way they keep passing this girl around the Batfamily. Dick, Luke, Bruce, and Jason? has she gotten to Tim yet? she give the goodies up to Jean Paul-Valley before she shot off into space for Justice League Odyssey? I kid but it's such a weak move to me but I'm not really digging this story anyway so meh(?) I guess.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It just feels lowkey exploitative they way they keep passing this girl around the Batfamily. Dick, Luke, Bruce, and Jason? has she gotten to Tim yet? she give the goodies up to Jean Paul-Valley before she shot off into space for Justice League Odyssey? I kid but it's such a weak move to me but I'm not really digging this story anyway so meh(?) I guess.
    She got Tim on Arkham Knight. On epilogue she's also marrying Tim I guess

if we can call that creature Tim

As someone who wants dick/babs to end I'm all for jason/babs

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    She got Tim on Arkham Knight. On epilogue she's also marrying Tim I guess

if we can call that creature Tim
    Oh my God, he looks like Ric.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yea and depending on continuity the age difference ranges from 2 years to 13. This is New 52/Rebirth so we lean to the closer age difference.
    Wasn't Rebith supposed to be closer to pre flashpoint?
    In that continuity Jason was about 9 or 10 years younger than Barbara, and actually even younger than Cassandra.

Unfortunately most writers fail to do proper research when it comes to writing Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wasn't Rebith supposed to be closer to pre flashpoint?
    In that continuity Jason was about 9 or 10 years younger than Barbara, and actually even younger than Cassandra.

Unfortunately most writers fail to do proper research when it comes to writing Jason.
    I think they established he's 19 and Babs was 21. I think we can guess there's at least 2-3 years in age difference in current continuity. Though Jason has been reading a bit older and it's been near a decade since new 52 so could put Babs at 24 and Jason as 22?

The character age ups didn't happen until a couple of years ago. Rebirth was still New 52 ages.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm gonna hold judgment because whoever leaked that panel just wanted to start contreversy and getting people to react strongly. I am sure there is more to the issue and that panel could be potentially out of context.