Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 1139
  1. #781
    Spectacular Member sorboares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I just saw what everyone is upset about in Three Jokers issue 2 and sorry but to be honest it doesn't really bother me.

    spoilers:
    I don't really see a problem with Babs and Jason hooking up or having sex or whatever it is they are doing. Does it really matter? Clearly Dick and Babs are not together, they have not been together in so very long. Yes I like Dick & Babs as a couple but they seem to have gone their separate ways, so I don't think it's a bad thing that her and Jason are connecting. Dick is in Bludhaven, away and most likely dating who knows who? So what is the problem with Babs moving on and getting with Jason or whom ever she wants?
    end of spoilers

    I don't think it should stop people from reading Three Jokers and loving it. I love it so far as they respect Batgirl and take her seriously and she is treated better in this book so far than her own comic book series.

  2. #782
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I just saw what everyone is upset about in Three Jokers issue 2 and sorry but to be honest it doesn't really bother me.

    spoilers:
    I don't really see a problem with Babs and Jason hooking up or having sex or whatever it is they are doing. Does it really matter? Clearly Dick and Babs are not together, they have not been together in so very long. Yes I like Dick & Babs as a couple but they seem to have gone their separate ways, so I don't think it's a bad thing that her and Jason are connecting. Dick is in Bludhaven, away and most likely dating who knows who? So what is the problem with Babs moving on and getting with Jason or whom ever she wants?
    end of spoilers

    I don't think it should stop people from reading Three Jokers and loving it. I love it so far as they respect Batgirl and take her seriously and she is treated better in this book so far than her own comic book series.
    If Barbara had sex in this issue, it would be the first time she has a bed scene in comics with a character who isn't Dick, right?

    I mean, I know Barbara has boyfriends before and after her relationship with Dick, so I guess she has sex with other people, but I don't think we've never seen a bed scene for her in comics with another character.

    I think this is a reason why I stop to ship Barbara and Dick, since they've never have problems to show Dick in bed scenes with other people.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-25-2020 at 04:41 AM.

  3. #783
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wasn't Rebith supposed to be closer to pre flashpoint?
    In that continuity Jason was about 9 or 10 years younger than Barbara, and actually even younger than Cassandra.

    Unfortunately most writers fail to do proper research when it comes to writing Jason.
    Unclear. The backstory is extended to 10-15 years but Jason is still 15-16 yo when he first met Bruce, and while Dick's been shown taken to the Manor as a child, but every story with Robin Dick (excepting the homages of anniversary issues) is still showing him as a 15-16 yo including when he first saw Justice League in the Batcave and his first meeting with Barbara.

    So let's say they all happened then there's still only 2-3 years difference between Dick/Babs (who are still the same age) and Jason

  4. #784
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,060

    Default

    Eeh, nothing we haven’t seen before.

  5. #785
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, nothing we havenít seen before.
    Isnít Jason dating Artemis

    Itís bad becuase Barbra gets passed around all the guys in the bar family
    Bruce dick Jason and Tim

  6. #786
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,093

    Default

    I don't read Red Hood, but since the Outlaws are disbanding I assume that relationship is over.

    Isn't Three Jokers set slightly in the past? Barbara's costume doesn't match either of her Rebirth/DC Universe era ones.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-25-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #787
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't read Red Hood, but since the Outlaws are disbanding I assume that relationship is over.

    Isn't Three Jokers set slightly in the past? Barbara's costume doesn't match either of her Rebirth/DC Universe era ones.
    The costume was chosen because it's darker and fits the tone better. No significance of time.

  8. #788
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It just feels lowkey exploitative they way they keep passing this girl around the Batfamily. Dick, Luke, Bruce, and Jason? has she gotten to Tim yet? she give the goodies up to Jean Paul-Valley before she shot off into space for Justice League Odyssey? I kid but it's such a weak move to me but I'm not really digging this story anyway so meh(?) I guess.
    She and Tim got married in the Arkhamverse

  9. #789
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn’t Jason dating Artemis

    It’s bad becuase Barbra gets passed around all the guys in the bar family
    Bruce dick Jason and Tim
    Jason and Artemis haven't dated since Artemis left RHATO. Babs also dated Luke Fox

  10. #790
    Incredible Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    766

    Default

    I like them together to be honest, I think there is a lot to explore and I hope it gets handled respectfully. But, I also get why people are upset. It's obvious that they circle Babs through the Robins (+Bruce) and with DC's insistence to kinda but not really push DickBabs it seems strange?

  11. #791
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Unclear. The backstory is extended to 10-15 years but Jason is still 15-16 yo when he first met Bruce, and while Dick's been shown taken to the Manor as a child, but every story with Robin Dick (excepting the homages of anniversary issues) is still showing him as a 15-16 yo including when he first saw Justice League in the Batcave and his first meeting with Barbara
    Hard to say, we had imo also some flashbacks were Jason looked younger, and in the story in the 80 year Robin special he was look really young (but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be canon).

    It would also not make much sense for me when Dick and Ti get their histories restored but Jason keeps his much older new 52 starting age, I mean in pre flashpoint he was probably younger in Death in the family then he was in the new 53 when he became Robin.

  12. #792
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hard to say, we had imo also some flashbacks were Jason looked younger, and in the story in the 80 year Robin special he was look really young (but I'm not sure if that is supposed to be canon).

    It would also not make much sense for me when Dick and Ti get their histories restored but Jason keeps his much older new 52 starting age, I mean in pre flashpoint he was probably younger in Death in the family then he was in the new 53 when he became Robin.
    It isn't so clear if Dick has recover his starting age (even if he recovers New Teen Titans).

    All flashbacks for Dick as Robin in canon (not homage anniversary stories) uses his New52 Robin suit.

    DC wants Jason to be closer to Dick on age, because they don't want Jason on teen heroes age range (Tim and Damian are already in that age range).

  13. #793
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,561

    Default

    I knew this was what they were going to do.

    It's probably never going to leave this book so I'm not really all that invested in talking about it.

  14. #794
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I like them together to be honest, I think there is a lot to explore and I hope it gets handled respectfully. But, I also get why people are upset. It's obvious that they circle Babs through the Robins (+Bruce) and with DC's insistence to kinda but not really push DickBabs it seems strange?
    I don’t think it’s possible to do respectfully because it’s inherently disrespectful.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  15. #795
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I like them together to be honest, I think there is a lot to explore and I hope it gets handled respectfully. But, I also get why people are upset. It's obvious that they circle Babs through the Robins (+Bruce) and with DC's insistence to kinda but not really push DickBabs it seems strange?
    Babs was very much a grown woman when Jason becomes Robin, we know this becuase dick is also an adult
    Them getting together is the same as Bruce and babs just odd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •