Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1306
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The woman playing babs is a paraplegic and a redhead. So we might not be getting any batgirl flashbacks, which is too bad
    they casted Babs?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    they casted Babs?
    Yes but has not been officially revealed to the public yet

Yes but has not been officially revealed to the public yet

Hmmmm I was really hoping for flashbacks of Batgirl or her getting into her costume again to help the Titans.
    If this news is true than that means no Batgirl flashbacks.
    Congrats to the actress but why is it we never get live action Babs as Batgirl?
    Yes I know we got to see her a little in Birds Of Prey series and in Batman 66.
    But I want new content and I would have loved to see Babs in this dark Titans series as Batgirl.

The woman playing babs is a paraplegic and a redhead. So we might not be getting any batgirl flashbacks, which is too bad
    Source for that?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Hmmmm I was really hoping for flashbacks of Batgirl or her getting into her costume again to help the Titans.
    If this news is true than that means no Batgirl flashbacks.
    Congrats to the actress but why is it we never get live action Babs as Batgirl?
    Yes I know we got to see her a little in Birds Of Prey series and in Batman 66.
    But I want new content and I would have loved to see Babs in this dark Titans series as Batgirl.
    i'm sick of babs as batgirl so i'm okay with this
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Source for that?
    FC782218-8EFE-4631-835B-323A71C2C962.jpg

This guy has demonstrated to be reliable the last two seasons

FC782218-8EFE-4631-835B-323A71C2C962.jpg

This guy has demonstrated to be reliable the last two seasons
    I guess we could still see the suit or just use a stunt-double for flashbacks without seeing her face like they did with Batman in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess we could still see the suit or just use a stunt-double for flashbacks without seeing her face like they did with Batman in season 1.
    I guess that is possible and I hope that will happen if the news is correct but still so sad that there is a high chance now that we won't see Babs suit up as Batgirl in flashbacks or current timeline. Such a lost opportunity!

She just felt unnecessarily aggressive to all the people she should be close to while saving all her affection for...Jason Bard.

I just don't get it.

Also, when was the last time she and Bruce had a positive interaction? It feels like forever.
    Also there wasn't really any real resolution despite it being the final issue. The whole issue is about her changing but all that amounted to was doing more of the same thing she has always been doing - even in previous issues she says 'I have to focus more on being' this or that, but never stops leading a double life or anything. The thing with her dad wasn't resolved - in fact, it seemed like it was leading into another arc but it is the final issue so we are left with barbara and jim are basically not on good terms, he doesn't know she is batgirl and she resents him for it but oh he just randomly joins the protest march and doesn't go into the fundraising dinner because ... the story needed to end?

And hey if you would rather her be oracle again, there's a nod to that in the last story. Everything was so poorly executed... I think it would have been better if it was just one longer story that actually dealt with everything that had actually lead up to this point in this Batgirl title - instead Barbara just comes across looking incoherent.

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Also there wasn't really any real resolution despite it being the final issue. The whole issue is about her changing but all that amounted to was doing more of the same thing she has always been doing - even in previous issues she says 'I have to focus more on being' this or that, but never stops leading a double life or anything. The thing with her dad wasn't resolved - in fact, it seemed like it was leading into another arc but it is the final issue so we are left with barbara and jim are basically not on good terms, he doesn't know she is batgirl and she resents him for it but oh he just randomly joins the protest march and doesn't go into the fundraising dinner because ... the story needed to end?

And hey if you would rather her be oracle again, there's a nod to that in the last story. Everything was so poorly executed... I think it would have been better if it was just one longer story that actually dealt with everything that had actually lead up to this point in this Batgirl title - instead Barbara just comes across looking incoherent.
    Yeah, it seems like there was a lot of disconnect going around with Batgirl and Barbara at this point.

DC as a whole is disconnected. It doesn't seem DC can afford to really care or quality control what they are putting out right now. As they are just scrambling to do something and still meet commitments in the wake of 5G being dropped. This issue is representative to DC as a whole right. A mixed bag of dropped ideas and last minute thrown in replacement ideas.

Yeah, it seems like there was a lot of disconnect going around with Batgirl and Barbara at this point.
    Yeah, remember how the Batgirl writer wasn't invited to the Bat-summit... I feel like there was some (salty) meta- comments popping up in the issue, which I could appreciate, lol

Inktober art by Artgerm

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1314573309367906304

Variant by Jimenez.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-08-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Variant by Jimenez.
    I guess this might assuage concerns she's Oracle full time now since Jiminez draws her as Batgirl too, so we've presumably got a dual Oracle/Batgirl thing going on.

Well, she appears as Batgirl in the latest Detective Comics and as Oracle in the latest Batman....
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman