Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

I don't know how to feel. I am the only one who felt she shouldn't have returned has Batgirl

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I feel like she should've stayed as Oracle. Barbara's importance and connections to the DCU have been reduced ever since.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Curious, why Batgirl costumes have exposed eyes instead of lenses? It's probably because it started out as a homemade costume, but later on, once she's more involved with Batman and his money, she should get eye protection.
    I noticed that a lot of females don't hide their eyes. The only one that's coming to mind is Nightshade and Spider-Woman.

I can name a few others. The other spiders for starters - Ghost-Spider and Spider-Girl. At DC, there's Red Arrow and Spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious what has been your favorite moments with Batgirl? This doesn't have to be just from the comics

Extraordinary Member

Did her backstory cover her skillls
    its one thing to go up again mostly plot powered Harley

but fighting babs means she more then just a joker fangirl

Dammit. Apparently one of the Batgirl of Burnside writers is a real life villain.
    https://www.cbr.com/cameron-stewart-...g-allegations/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can name a few others. The other spiders for starters - Ghost-Spider and Spider-Girl. At DC, there's Red Arrow and Spoiler.
    Hawkgirl,Empress,Cassandra Cain,Rose Wilson,Dawn Granger,Batwoman....

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did her backstory cover her skillls
    its one thing to go up again mostly plot powered Harley

but fighting babs means she more then just a joker fangirl
    Hopefully Babs doesn't job to Punchline.
    Dammit. Apparently one of the Batgirl of Burnside writers is a real life villain.
    Y'know, suddenly the implications of the run seemingly emphasizing a younger Barbara Gordon takes on new (and unfortunate) implications...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hawkgirl,Empress,Cassandra Cain,Rose Wilson,Dawn Granger,Batwoman....
    Modern Katana.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, one of the oddest moments was this;

Loved that bit.

Odd is great.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Well, yikes.

I'm curious. With Babs love life why Bruce? I meanit always seems they have this weird love traingle with Dick,Bruce and Babs. If they wanted Bruce and Babs couldn't they have kept the age gap?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious. With Babs love life why Bruce? I meanit always seems they have this weird love traingle with Dick,Bruce and Babs. If they wanted Bruce and Babs couldn't they have kept the age gap?
    I think that was more a relic of the 60’s TV show that most of the comic writers never really embraced or desired, and in fact seemed to deliberately run away from for different reasons; there’s a reason why you’re far more likely to see it in non-comic media or in comics that spawn from non-comic media, as most of the comic writers either never bought into it, or decided it was a bad idea later.

I mean, the only real adherents to the idea today are mostly cartoon affiliated guys, primarily because of Bruce Timm liking it *because* of the more taboo implications, and not because it really works all that well.

Once Babs and Dick started to get their characters determined more by the likes of Dixon or Simone, the idea of a love triangle died on the vine of Post-a Crisis continuity. Nowadays, it’s more a sign of someone still having an (understandable) crush on Yvonne Craig and being Batman fans instead of Robin fans... and not letting a little thing like taste great in the way of set thing that grew to become a crack pairing as we got further away from the 60s.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

In today's climate, with like the things going on right now with Ellis and Stewart, would Bruce and Babs even be socially acceptable anymore.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-19-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In today's climate, with like the things going on right now with Ellis and Stewart, would Bruce and Babs even be socially acceptable anymore.
    There’s two sides to that question:

- On the one hand, since the relationship already experienced backlash and disgust, it would probably only receive more backlash and disgust.

- On the other hand, the main reason it’s been resurrected since the 60’s is *because* it gets that backlash and disgust, as an “edgy” flaw for both characters; as much as Timm brought it up twice, he’s never pretended it was supposed to be anything more than a very bad mistake that scarred the relationship between the two. Azzarello and others have kept to that.

So... basically, I think it would come down to whether or not a writer wants the mistake, or doesn’t. There’s plenty who don’t want it, and it’s not like anyone who likes it has received much positive feedback in that last decade +.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP