Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1190
  1. #1066
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,139

    Default

    Hmm...
    ...

  2. #1067
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,334

    Default

    Arrowverse Batwoman II's comic counterpart debuts in Batgirl #50, here's the preview.
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-javicia...***batgirl-50/

    Dammit, the swearing filter broke the link. Reported it to the admins. I should be able to link to a CBR article without this happening.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-22-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  3. #1068
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Arrowverse Batwoman II's comic counterpart debuts in Batgirl #50, here's the preview.
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-javicia...***batgirl-50/

    Dammit, the swearing filter broke the link. Reported it to the admins. I should be able to link to a CBR article without this happening.
    ...Why?

    Oh don't tell me she's going to become the next Batgirl ?

  4. #1069
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,139

    Default

    Right, how did Batgirl become the place to do that. Odd. Wasn’t feeling the preview in general. I just have a hard time buying Gordan doesn’t know. Much prefer he just pretends he doesn’t.

  5. #1070
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right, how did Batgirl become the place to do that. Odd. Wasn’t feeling the preview in general. I just have a hard time buying Gordan doesn’t know. Much prefer he just pretends he doesn’t.
    Oooh, that brings up another topic. Back in the pre-COIE days, Gordon found out Barbara was Batgirl. He was her supporting character for a while. Does everyone else here generally prefer him knowing her identity as Batgirl always, finding out while she's Batgirl, or learning later? I think it matters how old she is and whether she lives with him. I mean, I don't want her to look incompetent at keeping secret identities, but if she lives with him, well...he shouldn't look incompetent, either.

    And how much does Jim knowing or not knowing Batman's identity play in? I mean, if he knows hers, then when if she becomes more associated with Bruce and Dick and so forth (as post-COIE did with her), does that lead him to them? In the old days there were some heavy hints he knew about Bruce. And, of course, how feasible it is he knows Bruce is Batman (back before Barbara became Batgirl) also depends on how much interaction he has with Bruce Wayne (originally they were friends) and whether Wayne Enterprises is doing the Batman, Inc. thing (not a fan) and various other things.

  6. #1071
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right, how did Batgirl become the place to do that. Odd.
    Well, there isn't a Batwoman comic currently. Though I do wonder if one will launch in March - and like the show, it'll star Ryan, not Kate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  7. #1072
    Spectacular Member sorboares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Oooh, that brings up another topic. Back in the pre-COIE days, Gordon found out Barbara was Batgirl. He was her supporting character for a while. Does everyone else here generally prefer him knowing her identity as Batgirl always, finding out while she's Batgirl, or learning later? I think it matters how old she is and whether she lives with him. I mean, I don't want her to look incompetent at keeping secret identities, but if she lives with him, well...he shouldn't look incompetent, either.

    And how much does Jim knowing or not knowing Batman's identity play in? I mean, if he knows hers, then when if she becomes more associated with Bruce and Dick and so forth (as post-COIE did with her), does that lead him to them? In the old days there were some heavy hints he knew about Bruce. And, of course, how feasible it is he knows Bruce is Batman (back before Barbara became Batgirl) also depends on how much interaction he has with Bruce Wayne (originally they were friends) and whether Wayne Enterprises is doing the Batman, Inc. thing (not a fan) and various other things.
    I prefer Jim not knowing Babs is Batgirl, makes more sense to me. But I like it when he chooses not to try n find out the Batfamilies secret identity. I cant remember now but he has said before he chose not to try and figure out their identities and if he wanted to he could find out. That way it shows he isnt incompetent and he doesnt know Babs is Batgirl.

  8. #1073
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    617

    Default

    anyone remember tony gordon?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  9. #1074
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    anyone remember tony gordon?
    I do. Much rather have him than James Jr. Still roll my eyes at them bringing him back in the bronze age just to kill him off. Though him as big bro to Barbara in that Adventure Comics (didn't like the actual story as it's annoying it says she needed experience and training to be a hero, when we saw plenty of heroes succeed at being heroes without either) was sweet.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.

  10. #1075
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I do. Much rather have him than James Jr. Still roll my eyes at them bringing him back in the bronze age just to kill him off. Though him as big bro to Barbara in that Adventure Comics (didn't like the actual story) was sweet.
    Him being a super spy is a cool concept. Also Babs having a good brother is nice
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  11. #1076
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, there isn't a Batwoman comic currently. Though I do wonder if one will launch in March - and like the show, it'll star Ryan, not Kate.
    There’s Batman and ‘Tec. There were a slew of Joker War stuff. Many more sensible places.

  12. #1077
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There’s Batman and ‘Tec. There were a slew of Joker War stuff. Many more sensible places.
    If they relaunch Batwoman then they can rescue Bette Kane from limbo
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  13. #1078
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Oooh, that brings up another topic. Back in the pre-COIE days, Gordon found out Barbara was Batgirl. He was her supporting character for a while. Does everyone else here generally prefer him knowing her identity as Batgirl always, finding out while she's Batgirl, or learning later? I think it matters how old she is and whether she lives with him. I mean, I don't want her to look incompetent at keeping secret identities, but if she lives with him, well...he shouldn't look incompetent, either.

    And how much does Jim knowing or not knowing Batman's identity play in? I mean, if he knows hers, then when if she becomes more associated with Bruce and Dick and so forth (as post-COIE did with her), does that lead him to them? In the old days there were some heavy hints he knew about Bruce. And, of course, how feasible it is he knows Bruce is Batman (back before Barbara became Batgirl) also depends on how much interaction he has with Bruce Wayne (originally they were friends) and whether Wayne Enterprises is doing the Batman, Inc. thing (not a fan) and various other things.
    I've always liked the idea that Gordon knows about both Bruce and Barbara and just chooses not to acknowledge that because it would mean having to arrest them or something. Either that or he's just in denial. I'd have to seriously question his intelligence as a detective if he hasn't figured it out yet. Batman's identity isn't exactly the most well guarded secret. And Batgirl's is arguably even worse.

    Course him knowing Babs is Batgirl makes the whole situation with James Jr. even more...messy...But I guess that's where the denial kicks in.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-22-2020 at 06:11 PM.

  14. #1079
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've always liked the idea that Gordon knows about both Bruce and Barbara and just chooses not to acknowledge that because it would mean having to arrest them or something. Either that or he's just in denial. I'd have to seriously question his intelligence as a detective if he hasn't figured it out yet. Batman's identity isn't exactly the most well guarded secret. And Batgirl's is arguably even worse.

    Course him knowing Babs is Batgirl makes the whole situation with James Jr. even more...messy...But I guess that's where the denial kicks in.
    I hate the James Jr situation. I hate James Jr in general
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  15. #1080
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    56,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right, how did Batgirl become the place to do that. Odd. Wasn’t feeling the preview in general. I just have a hard time buying Gordan doesn’t know. Much prefer he just pretends he doesn’t.
    I just don't get why this book has become the @#$% on Jim Gordon series. I can't remember the last time Jim and his relationship with Barbara was depicted positively in this book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •