Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Barbara Gordon: Batgirl, Oracle Appreciation 2020

With a new year comes an end to the Oracle arc. Um, it was interesting. I was hoping for more resolution with Oracle though.

Happy New Year to the Dominoed Daredoll .

I posted this cool piece over at the Supergirl Appreciation thread. A cool art piece of Supergirl and Batgirl together by Otto Schmidt. I really, really like this Batgirl costume!

Shwing!

I kinda love that color scheme on Batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I posted this cool piece over at the Supergirl Appreciation thread. A cool art piece of Supergirl and Batgirl together by Otto Schmidt. I really, really like this Batgirl costume!

Giver her a cowl and belt and I could actually work with this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What's the youngest when she became Batgirl? She's 15 in ASBAR and New 52 which follows ASBAR in costume design

482bc46d2d5933762c9acc43dd24340d._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also, do you prefer she starts early or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What's the youngest when she became Batgirl? She's 15 in ASBAR and New 52 which follows ASBAR in costume design

482bc46d2d5933762c9acc43dd24340d._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also, do you prefer she starts early or later?
    15 or 16, I think. Nowadays she's usually depicted as being close to Dick's age when she started out.

I know in terms of canon her being an adult Batgirl is the more definitive take, but I like her starting out younger and continuing to her 20's before she becomes Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I kinda love that color scheme on Batgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Giver her a cowl and belt and I could actually work with this.
    It's a good color scheme for sure, but I also don't mind the grey on her suit with yellow. The big thing for me is how simple and clean it looks. It does need a mask and a belt, but I'd be hesitant to make too many changes because I really hate visually busy costumes. Sleek and simple! Love the Bat logo and placement here, too!

First look at the new BG figure in the MacFarlane DC Multiverse line. While the current costume is not my favorite, but I like it well enough, it looks great in figure form. A must buy for me!

BatGirl-Packaging01.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

First look at the new BG figure in the MacFarlane DC Multiverse line. While the current costume is not my favorite, but I like it well enough, it looks great in figure form. A must buy for me!

BatGirl-Packaging01.jpg
    That's a tempting fig, and the build a Batmobile is much more interesting than the Build a Swamp Thing or whatever it was the last set I looked at was!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BatGirl-Packaging01.jpg
    Cool figure .

I'm following a modern age chronological reading order of Batman and I was just reading Batgirl Special as her farewell story before TKJ, she mentions there, right in the beginning of it some fact that had happened 4 years ago that upsets her badly, which tells us she had been the Batgirl for 4 years at least at that moment. She started her career as batgirl at 17 or 18, since it seems she gratuated from college at an earlier age (I've read Batgirl Year One as her origin story by the way).That puts her age at TKJ on 21-22 years old. Am I missing anything about her age pre new 52? Sorry, I'm new at reading Batman, just trying to figure it out her age pre New 52.

Extraordinary Member

In her original post crisis it was iirc only said that she graduated early from High school shortly before turning 16, and became Batgirl after she graduated from college, but it was never said how old she exactly was when she became Batgirl.

But from my understanding (I'm not from the US) collage last 4 Years so she would have been 19 or 20 once she graduated.