Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Steph and Cass absolutely should have stories- I hope that I didn’t imply that they shouldn’t.

I like the idea of starting with a fun, retro Betty Kane story.
    Because of the nature of comics for so long, many of Barbara’s stories dealt with the reaction of men to Batgirl.
    I would have three stories- Barbara/Batgirl and Robin/Dick Grayson, Batgirl and Batman, and Barbara and her father. I’d like the stories to deal with how Barbara has affected them each uniquely. Since Paul Dini wrote the best Barbara and Commissioner Gordon scene ever in ‘Out of the Past’, I’d love it if he wrote that.
    I’d want a Batgirl/Oracle and Birds of Prey story. Specifically Barbara and Dinah. I’d want Gail Simone to write it.
    Cass should have two, I think, and though I think Stephanie really should be one, I’ll say two to avoid a riot.

That’s nine stories. The idea of a future Batgirl story sounds good for a tenth, maybe a Tom King coda-style story with an aged Commissioner Barbara and Nissa, or an older Barbara, Cass and Steph with Tiffany Fox.

So I would have four Barbara Gordon stories, with a cameo appearance in a fifth, out of ten. I truly think that’s about right.
    Remember, she also acts as a mentor figure to both Cass and Steph. So she may be in their Batgirl stories, which is why they should probably appear in at least two stories. Even if one story is a team up between Robin Tim Drake, Spoiler Steph and Batgirl Cass.

Incredible Member

I'd understand removing the Flamebird story. She's a favorite character of mine but I know that 90 percent of fans don't give a crap about her. You can take that out and replace it with another Barbara story. The reason I gave Steph 2 stories is because while she was in the Robin 80th she only got 1 story while all the others got 2-4. Only other Robin that got 1 was Jason and he's what many consider to be a core Robin. Robin 80th's layout made no sense to me.

It was proportional to their tenures. Dick got four stories, Jason one, Tim two, Steph one, and Damian two. Their tenures being 43 years (1940-1983), four years (1984-1988), 20 years (1989-2009), three months, and 11 years (2009-2020).

Thursday July 23, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm
    Comic-Con@Home
    1: Programs, Books, Kids

11:00am

Batgirls!
    Watch When Available!
    YouTube: https://youtu.be/YI5efMvwXBE
    Odds are, when most people hear the name "Batgirl, " the first character to come to mind is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter. First appearing in 1967, she's been a comic mainstay, first as Batgirl and then as Oracle. But as is tradition in the Bat-family, when things happen, the cowl can been passed from hero to hero. From Stephanie Brown to Cassandra Cain to The Bat Girls, each having a wildly different take on the role of caped crusader. Join Cecil Castellucci (Batgirl -Barbara Gordon), Sarah Kuhn (Batgirl -Cassandra Cain), Bryan Q. Miller (Batgirl -Stephanie Brown), Nancy Kiu (Batwoman -Kate Kane), Marieke Nijkamp (Oracle -Barbara Gordon) and Dr. Andrea Letamendi (The Arkham Sessions) who have brought these different iconic versions of Batgirl to life in a celebration of what makes them different and what makes them Batgirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thur...nhome-is-here/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was proportional to their tenures. Dick got four stories, Jason one, Tim two, Steph one, and Damian two. Their tenures being 43 years (1940-1983), four years (1984-1988), 20 years (1989-2009), three months, and 11 years (2009-2020).

Thursday July 23, 2020 11:00am – 12:00pm
    Comic-Con@Home
    1: Programs, Books, Kids

11:00am

Batgirls!
    Watch When Available!
    YouTube: https://youtu.be/YI5efMvwXBE
    Odds are, when most people hear the name "Batgirl, " the first character to come to mind is Barbara Gordon, Commissioner Gordon's daughter. First appearing in 1967, she's been a comic mainstay, first as Batgirl and then as Oracle. But as is tradition in the Bat-family, when things happen, the cowl can been passed from hero to hero. From Stephanie Brown to Cassandra Cain to The Bat Girls, each having a wildly different take on the role of caped crusader. Join Cecil Castellucci (Batgirl -Barbara Gordon), Sarah Kuhn (Batgirl -Cassandra Cain), Bryan Q. Miller (Batgirl -Stephanie Brown), Nancy Kiu (Batwoman -Kate Kane), Marieke Nijkamp (Oracle -Barbara Gordon) and Dr. Andrea Letamendi (The Arkham Sessions) who have brought these different iconic versions of Batgirl to life in a celebration of what makes them different and what makes them Batgirl.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/thur...nhome-is-here/
    interested in the panel. Confused why Kate's getting included in the Batgirl panel. I see Bette is being erased once more which is disheartening

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    interested in the panel. Confused why Kate's getting included in the Batgirl panel. I see Bette is being erased once more which is disheartening
    Should've called it Batwomen...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The current run is great. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Castelluci last year and as well as being quite awesome herself, she loves Batgirl and was genuinely thrilled to be writing it. (She was also thrilled and surprised that people were actually reading it! Lol)
    That's rad! She's one of the best writers in comics, currently. I hope she gets a lengthy run on Babs, and a lot more work at DC (more Shade would be terrific, but I'd settle for anything Young Animal or Black Label).

I'm still bummed they cut Mairghead Scott's run so soon and basically shunned her out of the book.

I'm really excited it's been confirmed that Barbara Gordon is confirmed to be in season 3 of Titans the live action TV series. I really hope she will be Batgirl in it, that would be amazing.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I'm really excited it's been confirmed that Barbara Gordon is confirmed to be in season 3 of Titans the live action TV series. I really hope she will be Batgirl in it, that would be amazing.
    In the episode Girls' Night Out from The New Batman Adventures Babs works as a data analyst for the GCPD... use this and make a movie connected to Matt Reeves' Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    In the episode Girls' Night Out from The New Batman Adventures Babs works as a data analyst for the GCPD... use this and make a movie connected to Matt Reeves' Batman.
    That would be very cool as well, I also love Girl's Night Out. Be amazing if we could get Batgirl in Titans and a Batgirl movie which keeps getting mentioned in reports.

Babs had a big role in Nightwing today - but it contradicts her own book.

I understand it'll be Oracle in Titans, by the way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Babs had a big role in Nightwing today - but it contradicts her own book.

I understand it'll be Oracle in Titans, by the way.
    Yeah, I think that's pretty likely. She was set to appear as Oracle back when the show was being developed for TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think that's pretty likely. She was set to appear as Oracle back when the show was being developed for TNT.
    I still hold out hope she will be Batgirl but hopefully if she is Oracle we will get many flashbacks of her as Batgirl.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Babs is rumored to be in TITANS s3? That's great, hopefully as Batgirl and not Oracle.

Holding out hope for a BATGIRL flick, just sign up Karen Gillen already!

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I still hold out hope she will be Batgirl but hopefully if she is Oracle we will get many flashbacks of her as Batgirl.
    There will probably be flashbacks but from a cast balance standpoint and with the tone, I think Oracle makes sense.