Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Some cool variant covers are coming out of Babs as Batgirl for Detective Comics issue 1027

4-2.jpgBatgirl Detective Comics 1027.jpgBatgirl Detective Comics 1027...jpg
    Last edited by sorboares; 08-12-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Some cool variant covers are coming out of Babs as Batgirl for Detective Comics issue 1027

I hope she is actually in it

More Batgirl and Batman than we've gotten across the entire current run .

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I hope she is actually in it
    Yeh lets hope so, it would be stupid if she isnt.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

EfYBSOLX0AI5ibA.jpg
    Batgirl's truck design by Otto Schmidt for Nightwing Annual

Extraordinary Member

Yeh lets hope so, it would be stupid if she isnt.
    That sounds like DC

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    EfYBSOLX0AI5ibA.jpg
    Batgirl's truck design by Otto Schmidt for Nightwing Annual
    she drives a truck now? neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    she drives a truck now? neat.
    It appeared in one issue, but that's about it.

You know what I hate? It's fans who are totally crazy and label Babs as Batgirl fans ableists. Last week I was blocked on Twitter by an account that I had followed for ages which posts about Batgirl but because I said I hope she doesn't turn back into Oracle as I prefer her as Batgirl I was blocked! The poster also had the nerve to label me an ableist.
    Then today I saw on twitter by a random account which I don't follow that season 3 of Titans will have Oracle in it and I said what a shame as I was hoping Babs would be Batgirl in it but I hope we get flashbacks of her as Batgirl. That is all I said and then I asked is the news official? I did not say anything against people with disabilities or anything rude as I have nothing against anyone with a disability. But this person said I am an ableist and that they want me to leave them alone and they blocked me. So can us Babs as Batgirl fans not say we prefer her as Batgirl? Is that rude? What has this world come to that we can't even say which version of a fictional character we prefer without being labeled something so harsh and then being blocked?
    It really hurts and it's very annoying that I can't have an opinion which by the way is NOT discriminatory.
    I do not discriminate against peoples sexual orientation, their gender, their colour, if they are disabled or not, I don't care about any of that!
    Last edited by sorboares; 08-14-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Now, I haven't read those particular exchanges, but a lot of the language used by Babsgirl fans is ableist. If you say "stuck in the wheelchair" it is ableist language, unless it is you yourself expressing feelings about your own wheelchair.

Also, remember that many people dealing with ableism (or racism, et c) are swimming in a sea of microaggressions. You might not find a given phrase ableistic due to your own intent, but there is a long history of the phrase being used in an ableistic way.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Now, I haven't read those particular exchanges, but a lot of the language used by Babsgirl fans is ableist. If you say "stuck in the wheelchair" it is ableist language, unless it is you yourself expressing feelings about your own wheelchair.

Also, remember that many people dealing with ableism (or racism, et c) are swimming in a sea of microaggressions. You might not find a given phrase ableistic due to your own intent, but there is a long history of the phrase being used in an ableistic way.
    No I did not say stuck in a wheelchair, all I said was what a shame she wont be Batgirl and I hope we have flashbacks of her as Batgirl.
    That is all I said.

No I did not say stuck in a wheelchair, all I said was what a shame she wont be Batgirl and I hope we have flashbacks of her as Batgirl.
    That is all I said.
    I can't make an assessment without seeing the actual conversation.

Also, remember that the Oracle fans has had to deal with a lot of ableism, microaggression, and sometime outright aggression. Maybe not as bad as the Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn shippers, but more than bad enough.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Oh, poppycock. Call it for what it was, a way to shut down an opinion one disagrees with. Oracle fans, myself included, are not some persecuted group, and quite frankly it’s just gross and insensitive to try and adopt any of that for being a fan of a fictional character.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-15-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh, poppycock. Call it for what it was, a way to shut down an opinion one disagrees with. Oracle fans, myself included, are not some persecuted group, and quite frankly it’s just gross and insensitive to try and adopt any of that for being a fan of a fictional character.
    This is true.

There isn't anything wrong with wanting to see Barbara walking and street fighting. People should not be called ableist just for wanting to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I can't make an assessment without seeing the actual conversation.

Also, remember that the Oracle fans has had to deal with a lot of ableism, microaggression, and sometime outright aggression. Maybe not as bad as the Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn shippers, but more than bad enough.
    Dave Twitter comment.JPG
    Here is a image of what I wrote, I don't have an image of what the other person said about me being an ableist because she/he blocked me so I can't see their reply anymore. But you can clearly see I did not say anything bad against someone with a disability!
    I also blocked out their twitter account name for their privacy.