Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    She's, like, 22. She IS "the youth of today". That's why she's called BatGIRL, and not Batwoman.
    Only due to the ridiculous, inconstitent deaging mish-mash of New 52, which despite stating that everyone lost a fixed amount, deaged various characters by as little as a year (Damian) up to as much as ten years (Dick). Barbara was either 16 or 20ish when she became Batgirl, placing her in either her early 30s or mid 30s by the end of New Earth continuity.

I honestly think they should have kept her Oracle or at least have her be under a new name. I mean what was her best Batgirl costume?

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is this a PG version of those illustrations where something always lifts their skirts?

It like the bat is saying, hey don’t hide your ass.

Cute figure .

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

LOL, so adorable.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean what was her best Batgirl costume?
    I quite like Burnside's one.

Nice new statue shown at Toy Fair, based on Middleton’s #32 variant cover.

A7679B1F-A419-4CE7-B235-0C47CC1F3366.jpg

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This looks so dope. I can't wait!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Nice new statue shown at Toy Fair, based on Middleton’s #32 variant cover.

A7679B1F-A419-4CE7-B235-0C47CC1F3366.jpg
    That's really nice! I wonder how much it is, though. Probably something really hefty, like $100.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Oh Babs. If you find yourself always questioning someone it probably isn’t gonna work out. (Talking about #44).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-26-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

"It's no use. At the core, we're all unlovable."

"Shut up"

Another great issue. I'm a sucker for a good exploration of the power of narratives and Babs is definitely a character who's been exploited by narratives. Seeing her mull all this over and be cognizant of it is really fun.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-26-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh Babs. If you find yourself always questioning someone it probably isn’t gonna work out. (Talking about #44).
    ain't that the truth... DC is trying soooo hard to force this pairing that almost everyone, cept few ppl, want :/ hell, most of bab's thoughts this issue just read as Cecil desperately trying to get the readers to buy into Bard not being a creep (who totally didn't stalk Babs in so many issues, show up to her house uninvited and so on) and hadn't done real bad ****, right to Babs and Jim personally.

it really does amaze me how DC thinks we're going to buy Babs going from hating/distrusting Bard to somehow wanting to date him... all in one issue (issue #42) -_-
    __________________________________________________ ___

like fine, you want to do the whole "forget and forgive" thing, but wouldn't that involve getting to know the dude and at least being friends with him first, before all this romance **** comes up? I mean, Babs is still trying to figure out who Bard is as a person in this issue, yet we're to believe she wants to date someone she knows nothing about and knows has done bad ****? she's had to literally force herself to trust and convince herself, and even then, she's still questioning things right till the end of the issue.

It shows that DC jumped the shark from hate/distrust right into dating/love and skipped any proper development... sigh, it's clear this is just being done for shock value :/ we can see from the solicits for Batgirl and Nightwing showing how Babs and Dick's stories will be coming together really soon, as Dick finally gets his memories back, Babs involvement in it and all that... so this whole Bard thing has no future at all even before it comes close to beginning, let alone this ever being a healthy relationship given Bard's past.
    __________________________________________________ ____

at least the issue ends with her asking wtf is going on with Bard and his leg, as well as what he did to infect and hurt that woman.

though as a side note, I really don't like how Cecil is trying to frame things for Babs's past love life as: "She might not have experience with healthy relationships"... like wat? are you really being serious with that? So was her relationship with Dick not healthy? :/
    Last edited by voidox; 02-26-2020 at 06:28 PM.