Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1306

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder are the going to make her Oracle again? I have to say after talking BoP from her it makes her more Stunted. So maybe being back BoP and have Babs get the Batgirls to be one big group has well.
    She's already Oracle again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's already Oracle again.
    ut also Batgirl. Geez, Babs stop hogging the name
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    ut also Batgirl. Geez, Babs stop hogging the name
    It depends how they handle it and in relation to Cass and Steph in my opinion.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I just posted this in the Stephanie thread, but this is the natural place for it. A second printing of Batgirl #50 is coming, with a new cover by Riley Rossmo - on-sale 12/15, but final order date is this Sunday, 11/15.

Attachment 102306
    That is probably the first thing I have seen that I have not absolutely hated from this artist.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I kind of wish we had gotten more of Young Justice Batgirl, although I like what they've done with Oracle (aside from when she tries to justify themselves to the Outsiders and comes off a tad hypocritical).

Extraordinary Member

I kind of wish we had gotten more of Young Justice Batgirl, although I like what they've done with Oracle (aside from when she tries to justify themselves to the Outsiders and comes off a tad hypocritical).
    This is not the full analysis, but it will comprise of all babs skills and abilities

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Barbara Gordon impressed me when she was Batgirl then made an incredible impression and showed incredible character as Oracle.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Tynion continues to use Oracle at her worst. Establishes her as completely useless against the enemy, then has her call others for help to do things she can do.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-01-2020 at 03:38 PM.

I like Batgirl Prime and the Batgirls .

Ya, worked so well for Nightwing. Whatever though. Just sprinkle in fan service to distract from how useless she is actually being portrayed as. In the end it’s not Oracle that many actually give a crap about anyway. She got Steph and Cass to read for her, and gets to dump exposition. She can do so much for Gotham now lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-01-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, worked so well for Nightwing. Whatever though. Just sprinkle in fan service to distract from how useless she is actually being portrayed as. In the end it’s not Oracle that many actually give a crap about anyway. She got Steph and Cass to read for her, and gets to dump exposition. She can do so much for Gotham now lol.
    Comparing Steph and Cass to that lot is a huge disservice in my opinion.

I feel like calling her useless is ignoring what she's actually shown doing on-page, it's just not in an active, costumed, role. Which if you prefer that, I get it, but I personally see value in her current role.

Spectacular Member

I feel like calling her useless is ignoring what she's actually shown doing on-page, it's just not in an active, costumed, role. Which if you prefer that, I get it, but I personally see value in her current role.
    The dynamic depiction of human anatomy in colorful costumes has been a major, and probably the primary, aspect of the appeal of superhero comics since Action Comics #1 in 1938.

No one wears Alfred or ProfessorX t-shirts.

So Barbara gets to go back to being the disembodied voice, and maybe gets to tell off Batman once in a while (which isn’t even unique anymore).
    Wonderful. I’m sure that many at these boards- particularly those who passionately advocate for having a different character wear the Batgirl suit- will agree that she has once again become a much more ‘interesting’ character.

Comparing Steph and Cass to that lot is a huge disservice in my opinion.

Just saying, Batgirl Prime. We just had a Nightwing Prime. They are just recycling this same idea. It didn't work for We Are Robin and didn't work on Nightwing.

And im calling her useless because im not ignoring what she's actually shown doing on-page. What is she actually doing here. Seriously. She can't do anything to Ghostmaker, that was already shown and explained to us, she can't even find Ghostmaker. She is now calling in Nightwing for info on him, and Steph and Cass to read a wall. This isn't even about her being in an active costume role, this is about Oracle as a role and the way it is being portrayed. But Steph said Batgirl Prime so lets ignore what she is actually being shown to do on page here and actual value of her current contribution.
    This is Oracle at her worst and most frustrating. Writers using her as a vehicle to dump exposition, while she assists their main heroes in remedial needs, and is used to involve others for simple things she can easily just do herself. Hmm Im so busy on my computer not finding any info about the bad guy or any clues to a location, so let me call in others tell me about him and read this wall for me. This is a poor representation of the idea of what Oracle's value is suppose to be, but people will ignore it and even argue value because at the end of the day it gets them to what they really want.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-02-2020 at 05:24 AM.