Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1306

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Heck, when she started out Babs was senior to Dick by at least four years, probably more.
    Oh, definitely. It was 7 years in the 1970s (explicitly stated in one issue of Batman Family). Plus Dick was (presumably a freshman) in college, and she was a congresswoman, so had to be 25 according to Constitution. Not really sure if she was older than that earlier - she did have a PhD.

Edit: It was Batman Family #7
    Seven years.jpg

I do like that one. The story's fine (a bit silver-age, really) but the start and end tags, I adore. A Bruce with faith in their abilities who lets them handle it. Not saying we never see that these days, but it's still so nice and pleasant to see in these old ones, too.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-20-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Oh, definitely. It was 7 years in the 1970s (explicitly stated in one issue of Batman Family). Plus Dick was (presumably a freshman) in college, and she was a congresswoman, so had to be 25 according to Constitution. Not really sure if she was older than that earlier - she did have a PhD.

Edit: It was Batman Family #7
    Seven years.jpg

I do like that one. The story's fine (a bit silver-age, really) but the start and end tags, I adore. A Bruce with faith in their abilities who lets them handle it. Not saying we never see that these days, but it's still so nice and pleasant to see in these old ones, too.
    PHD in Library Science?

Btw I love the 70s-80s Bruce and Dick hairstyle it looks so neat but soft

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    PHD in Library Science?
    I guess so, she just thinks "I made my PhD at Gotham State University! I graduated summa cum laude! I wear a brown belt at judo! But tonight will be the highlight of my life!" in her first issue. Big on exclamation points, really (never noticed until I typed it out). And all that for a costume party. I am using a digital copy, so I can't swear the original reads the same.

Did she ever finish those library studies she started during the Larson run?

Babs needs to have the BoP. She is now only in Gotham with nothing else but the Batfam. All the other main Batfam has their own groups. So Babs has nothing. Stunted makes than others Bat characters. Other issues is when she is in media with Nightwing at times she is just there to be a love interest not a character. Unless the two are just two different ages like Suoerhero best friends. I mean she was in a relationship with Ted. That would be nice. She doesn’t always have to stay in Gotham and has something

I mean she was in a relationship with Ted. That would be nice.
    That one didn't do much for me - and they weren't in am actual relationship (bar retconning), were they? I mean, they went out a few times and then both pulled "let's be friends." While I do ship DickBabs, as an alternative I would definitely go old-school, pre-COIE Jason Bard over Ted. Plus I like the idea of more civilians around as supporting characters.

I'm fond of the BoP. Best for her as Oracle. But I do ship Dinah/Ollie (more out liking their old school relationship before Ollie was a made a cheater and Dinah was made her own daughter), and I do like Dinah having Sin as a daughter (which I would be shocked to ever see used again, I admit). I think the BoP can easily work with Dinah in another city than Barbara (though I would actually prefer Barbara move to another city because she'll always be second to Batman in Gotham), so the romance is no problem. But I do think that Dinah should stop traveling as much as the she did in old BoP comics (don't know if that happens in more recent comics) if she ever manages to get her child back.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.

True. I really just want Babs to not just always be in Gotham. After returning her to Batgirl it slowed her has a character. I would love to see her at times with BoP at times. Yes Ollie is a cheater now. I would love it if they just got back together if they aren’t already

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did she ever finish those library studies she started during the Larson run?
    No idea. It was first mentioned at the end of the Burnside era, then once Rebirth began she travels to Asia, and by the time she got back, the landscape of Burnside has changed. I don't know if they even mention it.

Looks like she is Oracle for good now.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/10/22/dc...n-103-preview/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    PHD in Library Science?

Btw I love the 70s-80s Bruce and Dick hairstyle it looks so neat but soft
    It is possible.
    I mean, my teachers did have one. So did my old colegue at the library. I just had a 3yo degree, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

hey he is back to blue I think
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Hopefully not. I like Babs as Batgirl. Batgirl is the better mantle and it's what's best for the character. Oracle is pointless. The bats and the DCU managed with Oracle for years now so the function is pointless

I'm guessing she's going to be appearing as Oracle in other books and doing Oracle stuff.

What that means for Batgirl (and whether she can walk again or not) is still a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing she's going to be appearing as Oracle in other books and doing Oracle stuff.

What that means for Batgirl (and whether she can walk again or not) is still a mystery.
    I'm still banking on the title being shared between Cass and Steph. And I'm cool with that. Just like I'm cool with Babs being Oracle again. I'm just glad it didn't come at the expense of her legs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm still banking on the title being shared between Cass and Steph. And I'm cool with that. Just like I'm cool with Babs being Oracle again. I'm just glad it didn't come at the expense of her legs again.
    Well, I guess now we just need proper confirmation where Cass and Steph are (post-Joker War solicits don't call Cass Batgirl).