Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1306
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't get why this book has become the @#$% on Jim Gordon series. I can't remember the last time Jim and his relationship with Barbara was depicted positively in this book.
    i hate this run so much
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I just don't get why this book has become the @#$% on Jim Gordon series. I can't remember the last time Jim and his relationship with Barbara was depicted positively in this book.
    Ya, I don't get that either.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Man I came here just to say I was thinking of getting it because I love Lupaccino's art and that coloring really makes it pop, but wow has the book just become a hit piece for Jim? That's a shame.

The last few issues have been really weird in that regard. Every time Jim pops up there is like three panels of Barbara giving a monologue about how **** he is and then hanging out with her brother follows by 'THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING YOU ARE STILL A MONSTER I HATE YOU!' lol

Also, was #50 being the last issue planned at all? 'Cause it really didn't seem like things were going to be coming to an end any time soon and the Joker War tie ins just kind of happened yet so many things were going on outside of that that I can't really imagine it all being tied up with one issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man I came here just to say I was thinking of getting it because I love Lupaccino's art and that coloring really makes it pop, but wow has the book just become a hit piece for Jim? That's a shame.
    I will say the art is much, much, better compared to Rodriguez' art in the last two issues.

Incredible Member

Oh yeah art's pretty but that's it
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Oooh, that brings up another topic. Back in the pre-COIE days, Gordon found out Barbara was Batgirl. He was her supporting character for a while. Does everyone else here generally prefer him knowing her identity as Batgirl always, finding out while she's Batgirl, or learning later? I think it matters how old she is and whether she lives with him. I mean, I don't want her to look incompetent at keeping secret identities, but if she lives with him, well...he shouldn't look incompetent, either.

And how much does Jim knowing or not knowing Batman's identity play in? I mean, if he knows hers, then when if she becomes more associated with Bruce and Dick and so forth (as post-COIE did with her), does that lead him to them? In the old days there were some heavy hints he knew about Bruce. And, of course, how feasible it is he knows Bruce is Batman (back before Barbara became Batgirl) also depends on how much interaction he has with Bruce Wayne (originally they were friends) and whether Wayne Enterprises is doing the Batman, Inc. thing (not a fan) and various other things.
    Depending on how smart you wanna make him. In Year One he's immediately suspicious but was tricked by Dick in Batgirl costume. The I Don't Wanna Know attitude make sense once she's an adult. If she's a teen he would've wanted it to be shut down.

What's the first instance?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-24-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What's the first instance?
    Feels like she and Jim have been antagonistic towards each other ever since she started working for this councilwoman during Scott's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Depending on how smart you wanna make him. In Year One he's immediately suspicious but was tricked by Dick in Batgirl costume. The I Don't Wanna Know attitude make sense once she's an adult. If she's a teen he would've wanted it to be shut down.
    Dick dressed up as a girl?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dick dressed up as a girl?
    Yeah he's done that at least twice when he was Robin.

He dressed up as Batgirl alongside Batman in front of Gordon on GCPD rooftop while Barbara showed up from downstairs

Eleven Batman spoilers:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/elev...batman-comics/
    Three of them concern Barbara.
    spoilers:
    5. Punchline knows all about The Killing Joke – just not how it went down.

7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.

10. Talking of different continuities, long has Jim known about Barbara? This week suggests it may already be out there.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eleven Batman spoilers:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/elev...batman-comics/
    Three of them concern Barbara.
    spoilers:
    5. Punchline knows all about The Killing Joke – just not how it went down.

7. Barbara Gordon is still Oracle, going into 2021. She can see Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirls – with Stephanie as Batman's eyes and ears on the street. But Oracle can't see Ghost-Maker.

10. Talking of different continuities, long has Jim known about Barbara? This week suggests it may already be out there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So Steph and Cass as Barbara's agents? I guess we're getting closer to that "Batgirls" setting.

Not sure how Punchline knowing about the Killing Joke matters unless she fights Babs again.

Jim knowing Barbara is Batgirl kind of flies in the face of the current ongoing, but I guess that's nothing new. Does he warn her to lay low with the new anti-vigilante stance in Gotham?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not a fan of moving Babs into the Oracle role again. It's a step backwards and a downgrade if she gives up her Batgirl costume to just sit in a chair and look at a computer.

I don't really understand why the Killing Joke would matter to Punchline. I mean the Joker shooting Babs is a minor indiscretion compared to the horrific things he does regularly. Such as mass murder. I get these things in the article might not matter and are closer to guesses, but it is really odd that Punchline would care at all about the Killing Joke.

Feels like DC goes back and forth so often on if they want Jim to know or not, but I guess not having any consistency is the only thing DC is consistent at, lol. Maybe that one is referring to Three Jokers though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    spoilers:
    Not a fan of moving Babs into the Oracle role again. It's a step backwards and a downgrade if she gives up her Batgirl costume to just sit in a chair and look at a computer.

I don't really understand why the Killing Joke would matter to Punchline. I mean the Joker shooting Babs is a minor indiscretion compared to the horrific things he does regularly. Such as mass murder. I get these things in the article might not matter and are closer to guesses, but it is really odd that Punchline would care at all about the Killing Joke.

Feels like DC goes back and forth so often on if they want Jim to know or not, but I guess not having any consistency is the only thing DC is consistent at, lol. Maybe that one is referring to Three Jokers though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We don't know if she's just Oracle now or if she's doing both. It really just depends on how they handle it.
    end of spoilers

So what, she's the new Alfred/Lucius. That sound disappointing to say the least.