Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Bad boyfriends...the plague on this title for far too long (save for Luke and that cop guy who they forgot about after the first arc).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bad boyfriends...the plague on this title for far too long (save for Luke and that cop guy who they forgot about after the first arc).
    And while Luke is a fave of mine, he was really forgettably written as a boyfriend. I was quite bummed - he could have been much more interesting.

That being said, I actually am in favor of BabsBard. But not as much as BardVicki.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    though as a side note, I really don't like how Cecil is trying to frame things for Babs's past love life as: "She might not have experience with healthy relationships"... like wat? are you really being serious with that? So was her relationship with Dick not healthy? :/
    Hmm... That depends on the writer.

Luke was a complete plank as boyfriend. Hell even Bard has been better cause he at least invokes some sort of conflict and emotion to her story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-02-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Ain't that the truth, lol.

poor Babs
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Luke was a complete plank as boyfriend. Hell even Bard has been better cause he at least invokes some sort of conflict and emotion to her story.
    Yeah. As I said - I love Luke as a character, but he was very poorly written in Burnside.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah. As I said - I love Luke as a character, but he was very poorly written in Burnside.
    Dick didn't come off that well either. I remember how controversial that wedding issue was...

Hell even Dick being a charming jerk in one issue was more interesting then anything they did between Luke and her. Again it at least invoked emotion and drama to her story.

I don’t think it helps that Luke is in many ways the male version of Babs.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-02-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Dick didn't come off that well either. I remember how controversial that wedding issue was...
    Oh, man. The art in that issue was great, but I hated Dick and Babs both as characters in it. Luke was the only one who didn't do anything wrong...by just standing there and not being a jerk.

Hell even Dick being a charming jerk in one issue was more interesting then anything they did between Luke and her. Again it at least invoked emotion and drama to her story.

He shouldn't be a jerk though.

Dick can be a jerk.

For Dick the costume life is his normal, so it make sense he can be insensitive to others trying to do pedestrian or normal things. That stuff isn’t as important to him as it could be for others. I was ok with that issue, I found it interesting even.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-03-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Dick can be a jerk.
    I mean, occasionally, but not to the extent where he caused as much of a ruckus at the wedding.

Not to mention the way the creators described him and his relationship with Babs just didn't fit.

I remember when I read it. I didn't find Dick's actions particularly charming more just thought he was acting like a bit of an arse.

Made everyone look bad, and made me feel sorry for Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I remember when I read it. I didn't find Dick's actions particularly charming more just thought he was acting like a bit of an arse.

Made everyone look bad, and made me feel sorry for Luke.
    Yes. It was deeply immature in a very cliched way, one that just didn't fit with how Dick was being written in Grayson.

Dick was often juvenile in Grayson. Annoying the hell out of his partners.