Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She was Oracle, but neither Steph nor Cass were Batgirl yet for some reason.
    Yeah, and I don't get that. They're Spoiler and Orphan. Even though Cass Batgirl would've been faithful to Oracle era comics.

I won't be surprised if the reason is because YJ season 4 will do what the comics did, and restore Barbara's mobility, prompting her to be Batgirl again.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If I remember correctly. She saved Bruce Wayne in Adam west and comics.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-28-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, and I don't get that. They're Spoiler and Orphan. Even though Cass Batgirl would've been faithful to Oracle era comics.

I won't be surprised if the reason is because YJ season 4 will do what the comics did, and restore Barbara's mobility, prompting her to be Batgirl again.
    Oh they skipped things. I mean Jason Todd is already dead. So maybe things happened inbetween

That's true, YJ season 2 skipped five years, and yes, Dick became Nightwing, Jason died, and Tim became Robin. But that's also when Babs became Batgirl - she was just a civilian in season 1. Season 3 skipped two years, and in that time Babs got shot and Steph and Cass debuted. Also, Damian's been born but Batman doesn't know about him yet. Seems like things happened, for the Robins and Batgirls, in mostly the same order as in the comics, Babs getting shot after Tim's debut being an exception (though they were only a couple of years apart in the comics).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That doesn't seem like the type of thing the show would do. I don't expect Kaldur to lose being Aquaman.

If at least Cass isn't Batgirl by the next season, I'll think they're some mandating going on.

That same mandating is why they'd have Babs revert to Batgirl. I can see Bart reverting to Impulse too for the same reason - him becoming Kid Flash was shown at the end of season 2, and matched the comics at the time. So it wouldn't have made sense for him not to be Kid Flash in season 3. Of course, he's now Impulse again in the comics.

And as for Kaldur, Aqualad has been appearing in Aquaman comics lately - what if he was meant to be the 5G Aquaman? If so, it would be pre-emptive synergy. The show had Arthur retire to focus on his kingdom and his family - and like in the show, comics Aquaman is now a father.

That same mandating is why they'd have Babs revert to Batgirl. I can see Bart reverting to Impulse too for the same reason - him becoming Kid Flash was shown at the end of season 2, and matched the comics at the time. So it wouldn't have made sense for him not to be Kid Flash in season 3. Of course, he's now Impulse again in the comics.

And as for Kaldur, Aqualad has been appearing in Aquaman comics lately - what if he was meant to be the 5G Aquaman? If so, it would be pre-emptive synergy. The show had Arthur retire to focus on his kingdom and his family - and like in the show, comics Aquaman is now a father.
    Yeah, but YJ is so much about forward progression that it doesn't seem like something the creators would really go for.

If we were to get a ******action Batgirl who would you want?

Spectacular Member

Obviously Barabara. The other two are in a good place as Orphan and Spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If we were to get a ******action Batgirl who would you want?
    Don't hyphenate live action. The swearing filter censors it in order to break spam links.

Barbara confirmed for Titans season 3.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-barbara-gordon-season-3/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I wonder if she'll be Oracle...and if she'll get lost in the shuffle as characters on that show are wont to do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she'll be Oracle...and if she'll get lost in the shuffle as characters on that show are wont to do.
    She will be apart of grays past and future batgirl and oracle

A retrospective on Chuck Dixon's Birds of Prey run by Brendan Kraus.

https://bjkraus.wixsite.com/website/...-birds-of-prey

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I'm really hoping we get Barbara Gordon as Batgirl