Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Is Babs role as a Senator still canon ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well she is 24 so nah

Fantastic Member

Well, either Earth-1 or New Earth's Senate alegedly had something called the "Knight Amendment" which did away with the age requirement so that's not necessarily true per se, however on balance I'd probably agree anyway.

I think it was Representative, but no, it's not part of current continuity. Whether past canon counts as canon I leave as a semantic question for the reader.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

The current series has her dabbling in politics.

Cause I was wondering if anyone had done anything with that on relation to her being crippled by the Joker ? You could do a really interesting one and done about a Indie Documentary crew covering her time in politics and subsequent maiming. The writer could use it as a way for Babs to talk about coming to terms with her Disability etc

I think they've referenced or made nods to it, but I don't think it's officially part of her current history.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Cause I was wondering if anyone had done anything with that on relation to her being crippled by the Joker ? You could do a really interesting one and done about a Indie Documentary crew covering her time in politics and subsequent maiming. The writer could use it as a way for Babs to talk about coming to terms with her Disability etc
    I don't think they have since the Killing Joke aftermath was done Post Crisis and she wasn't a politician there, and then once it's moved to New 52 she was still in college when it happened. Same with Arkham Knight, Killing Joke animation, that new YA graphic novel...

Babs was aged back up from 21 to late 20s when she last changed her costume, but that doesn't mean all her old continuity is back. She still became Batgirl as a teenager instead of in her early 20s. I'd say anything pre-Crisis is no longer canon, as her age when Killing Joke happened is lower than it used to be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Babs was aged back up from 21 to late 20s when she last changed her costume, but that doesn't mean all her old continuity is back. She still became Batgirl as a teenager instead of in her early 20s. I'd say anything pre-Crisis is no longer canon, as her age when Killing Joke happened is lower than it used to be.
    Even https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Barbara_Gordon_(Earth-One) mentions this, which I think pretty much sums it up:

“This version of Batgirl, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.”

I thought she was a Congresswoman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought she was a Congresswoman.
    50 years ago

They are really embracing Batgirl as a millennial vigilante on the Harley Quinn cartoon. Even more then Burnside did.

I'm curious if the Batgirl movie does happen, what storyline would you like to see?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Batgirl Special #1 (July, 1988). Art by Mike Mignola.