Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They are really embracing Batgirl as a millennial vigilante on the Harley Quinn cartoon. Even more then Burnside did.
    She was a grad student their
    Here she is prime college girl, odd their was no robin, it may have been a mistake to include him becuase it leaves a a big hole of where are the robins if any precede Damian. If they were around then batman would chil out

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She was a grad student their
    Here she is prime college girl, odd their was no robin, it may have been a mistake to include him becuase it leaves a a big hole of where are the robins if any precede Damian. If they were around then batman would chil out
    The show's version of Robin is kind of incompetent though...

I guess Damiam is the only robin. Unless they have their own life. Jason wouldn't do it. Tim and the others could be with the Titans. I mean it would have been nice to see Dick helping out but you know. Also, I don't know about to feel. Bab can easily have someone hack her to find her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show's version of Robin is kind of incompetent though...
    Lol I relive this show is seen through Harleys eyes and that’s why lol
    But time is slowly going by, if he has a growth spurt I wonder how that will change,
    And even an incompetent robin can handle the low level stuff and do what batgirl is doing

Has anyone seen Justice League Apokolips War yet?
    I really enjoyed it but was disappointed that Batgirl had a very tiny part in it.
    Sad to read this is the final film in this universe as Ive been hopinh for Batgirl to play a big part in one of these movies but she never did. I also remember reading that Burnside costume was meant to be her first costume until she upgrades to that New 52 costume. I've been dying to see that but sadly that won't happen now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I really enjoyed it but was disappointed that Batgirl had a very tiny part in it.
    Sad to read this is the final film in this universe as Ive been hopinh for Batgirl to play a big part in one of these movies but she never did. I also remember reading that Burnside costume was meant to be her first costume until she upgrades to that New 52 costume. I've been dying to see that but sadly that won't happen now.
    The final moments of Bad Blood, where Batgirl emerges from the shadows and leaps from a rooftop, felt very much like an MCU post-credits scene, implying an important role for the character in future films. As you said, after that tease it never happened.
    I would love if they would dig Lauren Montgomery’s Batgirl:Year One animated film project out of mothballs, but that’s pretty unlikely.
    But Barbara is actually having a very ‘YearOne’ animated story moment right now on the DC Universe Harley Quinn show. I’m sure that some of the character takes and style of comedy aren’t to everyone’s taste, but I’m finding it enormously entertaining.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Brian Stelfreeze draws BATGIRL and WONDER WOMAN.

BrianStelfreezeBG&WW.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Batgirl had her movie, and it was not well received so they kept her to a minimum use after that
    Most storylines would have had her as oracle already

What movie?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What movie?
    Could this refer to The Killing Joke?
    I have to say that, as a fan of Barbara Gordon, I didn’t purchase it. I can’t support that story, even if there were some added bits of Barbara fighting crime as Batgirl.

I did find it somewhat bewildering that, for all of the grotesque and appalling acts that occur in that ‘classic’, fans went into an uproar because Batman and Batgirl have sex.
    After Joker has crippled, perversely humiliated, and tortured two of Batman’s greatest allies, Batman embraces Joker and madly laughs with him at the end.
    So, Moore is saying that Batman and Joker are both sociopaths, that this story is entirely about them, and that Batman’s great friends are actually just disposable side characters in Batman and Joker’s little play.

The Killing Joke is every bit as disrespectful to the heroism of Batman as it is to the character of Barbara Gordon.

But what proved too outrageous, too excessive, simply too much to bear for fans of this essential work of art was the desecration of Batman and Batgirl having sex.

There are some really confused people out there.

They made a gross story even grosser.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They made a gross story even grosser.
    Not to derail things, but I’ve never gotten the Batman/Batgirl=gross thing. I know that’s not a popular, or even a tiny minority opinion. But if you presented profiles to a psychologist of possible matches for Bruce, pretty sure Barbara would win, hands down.

Obviously, Bruce and Selina are the overwhelmingly popular couple choice.
    So, we’ve got Bruce, who has sworn to a life of never-ending war on crime. Selina- fiancé to billionaire Bruce- sneaks out of their bed in the middle of the night to crawl through the sewers and blow up the floor of a bridal shop to steal her wedding dress. This woman has a real problem! And her compulsions are in direct opposition to every fiber of Bruce's being! That relationship is going to work?!
    And I never read a word of objection to the idea of a woman who would destroy a small business to steal her wedding dress marrying Bruce! Here or anywhere else!

Talia? Too many issues to count.

Vicki Vale, or any civilian? Maybe, but there’s going to be a lot to reveal/deal with/overcome/work on/accept there, for at least one of the pair.

Batgirl? Precisely the same values, outlooks, professional goals, worldview.

No question Barbara wins the blind match test with any psychologist.

I've read that the relationship would be a betrayal of Jim Gordon by Batman.
    Jim’s daughter is marrying the multi-billionaire-most-eligible-bachelor-in-the-world? Oh, the betrayal!
    Think that maybe he’ll be able to get over it.

There may be an issue with age, but not really much. Is Barbara still 21? If she’s younger than that now, then ok- nope, but I don’t think she is. Marrying a guy who’s 30, or maybe even 35, is not problematic at all psychologically.

I’m not saying that I think that Batman and Batgirl should be a couple. I’m actually a big Dick/Babs shipper!
    And in my mind Bruce is perpetually alone. There are temptations- with Selina the greatest of those- but nothing can distract Bruce from his mission.

I truly never want to see it, but Bruce and Barbara, in an unemotional analysis, make more sense as a couple than any pairing in the Bat universe. They just do.
    Last edited by atomicbattery; 05-08-2020 at 01:51 PM.

That’s not the point. They took a story where Batgirl plays a big part, but has little actual agency of her own beyond the horrible acts that are done to her, and then added having her bang Batman in a tasteless attempt to make it even more personal for Batman.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-08-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Even if I humor the idea of BrucexBabs, it had no business being in the Killing Joke movie. It just made everyone look bad.

Extraordinary Member

The Killing Joke’s prologue is just a crappy story in general for a character, let alone Barbara Gordon.

To be blunt, even if you don’t have objections to her and Bruce as a couple based off characterizations, power-relationship ethics, a pseudo-familial relationship, all that stuff, which I do think deserves to be considered in why people don’t like it... it’s also just a boring, banal, and juvenile reading of Babs’s character. Babs doesn’t really work as *that* kind of fan girl, and it’s kind of a pathetic way to write the character...

...Which only makes it worse when *that* is the interpretation used for the character’s storyline in a TKJ prologue, where she’s going to end up being a prop for Batman and Joker’s conflict, and get sexually assaulted to boot, and where a lame-ass character like “Paris Franz” is her final opponent and only doubles down on all the dumb themes they were going with for the character.

It feels like a pitch perfect example of how *not* to write a Batgirl, let alone the person DC wants to be seen as the Batgirl.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP