Page 28 of 88 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

But now a days would that even be an acceptable flaw anymore. Today's sensibilities puts a different perspective on that relationship.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-19-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But now a days would that even be an acceptable flaw anymore. Today's sensibilities puts a different perspective on that relationship.
    It would be pretty uncomfortable and creepy.

In Pre-Crisis, Barbara was closer to Bruce on age, while he wasn't really a mentor for her. So, I guess a relationship wouldn't be so problematic.

However, in current comics, Bruce is a mentor for Babs (even a father figure in some aspects). So, it would be uncomfortable and creepy.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batgirl of Burnside, Black Canary, and Gotham Academy writer Brenden Fletcher is disowning Cameron Stewart:

I’m reading these painful experiences women have had with my former co-writer Cameron Stewart and my heart is breaking. I’m so sorry.
    I wasn’t aware of these incidents and if I had been it would have immediately ended our working relationship.

Having an industry that’s open to anyone who wants to enter it is really important to me. We, especially male creators, have to make sure young women feel comfortable and safe. I’m devastated that readers and peers have felt otherwise in connection to the work I’m associated with.

I can’t say for certain, at this point, what the future will be for Motor Crush but I can tell you that Cameron will not be a part of it.

@brendenfletcher

Edit: Oh shit he's not well

"I'm into my 11th week of COVID-19 symptoms since first coming down with fever/cough/breathing probs/racing heart.

I have good & GREAT days. I've got the antibodies, so I know I'm in good shape overall

But every 3-5 days cough & racing heart come back & knock me out for 36-48hrs"
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-20-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batgirl of Burnside, Black Canary, and Gotham Academy writer Brenden Fletcher is disowning Cameron Stewart:

I’m reading these painful experiences women have had with my former co-writer Cameron Stewart and my heart is breaking. I’m so sorry.
    I wasn’t aware of these incidents and if I had been it would have immediately ended our working relationship.

Having an industry that’s open to anyone who wants to enter it is really important to me. We, especially male creators, have to make sure young women feel comfortable and safe. I’m devastated that readers and peers have felt otherwise in connection to the work I’m associated with.

I can’t say for certain, at this point, what the future will be for Motor Crush but I can tell you that Cameron will not be a part of it.

@brendenfletcher

Edit: Oh shit he's not well

"I'm into my 11th week of COVID-19 symptoms since first coming down with fever/cough/breathing probs/racing heart.

I have good & GREAT days. I've got the antibodies, so I know I'm in good shape overall

But every 3-5 days cough & racing heart come back & knock me out for 36-48hrs"
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he feels better soon.

Yeah, one of the nasty side effects of Covid-19 is semi-permanent damage to the lung tissue. This is one seriously nasty virus.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think the current run is shaping up to be a strong contender for my favourites list.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The current run is great. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Castelluci last year and as well as being quite awesome herself, she loves Batgirl and was genuinely thrilled to be writing it. (She was also thrilled and surprised that people were actually reading it! Lol)

Incredible Member

I did some date researching and next year will be the 60th anniversary of Batgirl. If you could do something (like a miniseries or 100-page) to celebrate the Batgirl mantle, what would you do?

Here are the dates by the way for proof. April 1961 is when the first Batgirl is created. 2021 will be the 60th anniversary.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I did some date researching and next year will be the 60th anniversary of Batgirl. If you could do something (like a miniseries or 100-page) to celebrate the Batgirl mantle, what would you do?

Here are the dates by the way for proof. April 1961 is when the first Batgirl is created. 2021 will be the 60th anniversary.
    They'll probably do what they did for Catwoman/Robin/Green Lantern meaning 80 page Giants. Batgirl Variants for all the Batfamily titles. Maybe a cold case she worked as Batgirl but couldn't solve, got into again as Oracle, again no solution then haunts her again as current Batgirl??? I grew up with Oracle and really like the fact that she's a superhero in a wheelchair but I dislike the Killing Joke.

EDIT: Spontaneously brainstorming.... retire Bruce and Joker for a year and let Barbara rule Gotham for 12 months. She never had a gauntlet story like Hush as far as I know.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-05-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Incredible Member

i am down for Bruce and Joker being out for year and letting the Batfamily protect Gotham. My pitch for the thing would be 2 stories per Batgirl and then 1 story for Nissa or Tiffany (the future Batgirls), and then the last story being a League of Batgirls type story but with all of them (the core Batgirls plus Nissa, Nell, and Tiffany). I'd have 10 stories overall

Id like to see a Batgirl live action movie finally and an animated movie too. Also like to see her cowl make a return.
    Story wise, I'm not too sure but as long as its a serious kick ass adult story for Barbara Gordon as Batgirl.
    League of Batgirls sounds cool for a special!
    Last edited by sorboares; 07-06-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Incredible Member

i am down for Bruce and Joker being out for year and letting the Batfamily protect Gotham. My pitch for the thing would be 2 stories per Batgirl and then 1 story for Nissa or Tiffany (the future Batgirls), and then the last story being a League of Batgirls type story but with all of them (the core Batgirls plus Nissa, Nell, and Tiffany). I'd have 10 stories overall
    I did some thinking and here are my pitch expansions.
    The first story is Betty Kane as Bat-Girl. Not sure what the plot would be
    The second is a Flamebird story. I'm thinking Titans West centered or her being Kate's partner
    The third is a Barbara as Batgirl story.
    Fourth is Oracle. Maybe with the Birds of Prey.
    Fifth is Cassandra as Batgirl.
    Sixth is Cass as Black Bat protecting Hong Kong.
    Seventh is Stephanie as the Spoiler.
    Eighth is Steph as Batgirl
    Ninth can be a possible future Batgirl like Nissa or Tiffany Fox
    Tenth can be a teacup between the Core Four Batgirls and others

Spectacular Member

I did some thinking and here are my pitch expansions.
    The first story is Betty Kane as Bat-Girl. Not sure what the plot would be
    The second is a Flamebird story. I'm thinking Titans West centered or her being Kate's partner
    The third is a Barbara as Batgirl story.
    Fourth is Oracle. Maybe with the Birds of Prey.
    Fifth is Cassandra as Batgirl.
    Sixth is Cass as Black Bat protecting Hong Kong.
    Seventh is Stephanie as the Spoiler.
    Eighth is Steph as Batgirl
    Ninth can be a possible future Batgirl like Nissa or Tiffany Fox
    Tenth can be a teacup between the Core Four Batgirls and others
    So the title of Batgirl has been around for 60 years, but for a couple of periods spanning about 15 years there was no Batgirl in the books.
    That means that Barbara has been Batgirl for over 30 years of 45 total. And in this proposal she gets ONE story out of ten in that role. Meanwhile, Stephanie Brown gets the same number of stories- one- as Batgirl, and one as, somehow, Spoiler(!). This is after somehow getting a story and a pinup in the Robin 80th anniversary special!
    How about this- maybe give Barbara just one more Batgirl story here, and when the Spoiler 50th Anniversary Spectacular comes out in 2042, Steph can have all ten!

I remember when there was a massive fan campaign to restore Steph to the books a few years ago, and DiDio said they had received about ten waffles at the DC office.
    I think all ten came from posters at this board.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    So the title of Batgirl has been around for 60 years, but for a couple of periods spanning about 15 years there was no Batgirl in the books.
    That means that Barbara has been Batgirl for over 30 years of 45 total. And in this proposal she gets ONE story out of ten in that role. Meanwhile, Stephanie Brown gets the same number of stories- one- as Batgirl, and one as, somehow, Spoiler(!). This is after somehow getting a story and a pinup in the Robin 80th anniversary special!
    How about this- maybe give Barbara just one more Batgirl story here, and when the Spoiler 50th Anniversary Spectacular comes out in 2042, Steph can have all ten!

I remember when there was a massive fan campaign to restore Steph to the books a few years ago, and DiDio said they had received about ten waffles at the DC office.
    I think all ten came from posters at this board.
    Barbara was the longest running Batgirl sure, and she should have several stories to reflect that so take away the story for a future Batgirl. But both Steph and Cass are popular in their own right. Why shouldn't they both have stories in their own identities as well as Batgirl, given how Barbara should definitely have an Oracle story?

Remember that Didio has admitted to playing the heel to rile up fans. It's really difficult to tell how accurate that statement was. Especially given how he blocked her appearance in an out of continuity story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Barbara was the longest running Batgirl sure, and she should have several stories to reflect that so take away the story for a future Batgirl. But both Steph and Cass are popular in their own right. Why shouldn't they both have stories in their own identities as well as Batgirl, given how Barbara should definitely have an Oracle story?

Remember that Didio has admitted to playing the heel to rile up fans. It's really difficult to tell how accurate that statement was. Especially given how he blocked her appearance in an out of continuity story.
    Steph and Cass absolutely should have stories- I hope that I didn’t imply that they shouldn’t.

I like the idea of starting with a fun, retro Betty Kane story.
    Because of the nature of comics for so long, many of Barbara’s stories dealt with the reaction of men to Batgirl.
    I would have three stories- Barbara/Batgirl and Robin/Dick Grayson, Batgirl and Batman, and Barbara and her father. I’d like the stories to deal with how Barbara has affected them each uniquely. Since Paul Dini wrote the best Barbara and Commissioner Gordon scene ever in ‘Out of the Past’, I’d love it if he wrote that.
    I’d want a Batgirl/Oracle and Birds of Prey story. Specifically Barbara and Dinah. I’d want Gail Simone to write it.
    Cass should have two, I think, and though I think Stephanie really should be one, I’ll say two to avoid a riot.

That’s nine stories. The idea of a future Batgirl story sounds good for a tenth, maybe a Tom King coda-style story with an aged Commissioner Barbara and Nissa, or an older Barbara, Cass and Steph with Tiffany Fox.

So I would have four Barbara Gordon stories, with a cameo appearance in a fifth, out of ten. I truly think that’s about right.
    Last edited by atomicbattery; 07-09-2020 at 10:54 AM.