Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Because, as is SUPER clear from the latest issue, the current writing and editorial on Batgirl are incredibly lazy and bad at their jobs.
    Ya, and the Nightwing team is killing it

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then I suppose you was happy to see it destroyed last issue. She put it on a dummy and it was ripped to shreds.

Speaking of costumes, the reasoning for the Burnside costume's introduction was that the old one had been destroyed in a fire. A Nightwing issue just after Dick got shot showed that that shouldn't have happened though. "Ric" destroys a hideout which had four Nightwing costumes on display (New Teen Titans 1984, New Titans 1991, New 52 2011 and Rebirth 2016). The costumes survived the fire. If Nightwing's costumes are fireproof, why aren't Batgirl's?
    Uhh... since both The New 52/ Batgirl outfit that got burned and the Nightwing outfits are Batman-issued... considering Batman keeps making a Nightwing-cycle and special Nightwing snow outfit even though he's moved to Bludhaven, let's say Batman plays favorite.

I like her new outfit better
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-12-2020 at 10:49 AM.

I prefer Batgirls new costume over her Burnside one but I hate that the new one does not have a cowl. Batgirl isnt Batgirl without her cowl, I miss it.
    Also Barbara Gordon is going to be in Titans TV show season 3 as Oracle.
    Its about time but I still hope we see her as Batgirl in flashbacks or maybe she can be healed and return as Batgirl, Id love that. Link to article is below
    https://discussingfilm.net/2020/01/1...n-3-exclusive/

Extraordinary Member

Batgirl/Oracle is coming to Titans!!!

That’d be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batgirl/Oracle is coming to Titans!!!
    Oh no... I thought DC is being clever by having Babs and Kori stay as far away from each other's show as possible. Babs in Batfam stories, Kori in Titans stories, barring Babs' one or two cameos in the current animated universe.

I already saw some Dick Kori fans getting annoyed that there are not enough Dick Kori moments this season and they've been bashing on Dawn since season 1 since it looks like they're pushing Dick/Dawn. Now that Babs is coming, I'm gonna get some popcorn. This is gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh no... I thought DC is being clever by having Babs and Kori stay as far away from each other's show as possible. Babs in Batfam stories, Kori in Titans stories, barring Babs' one or two cameos in the current animated universe.

I already saw some Dick Kori fans getting annoyed that there are not enough Dick Kori moments this season and they've been bashing on Dawn since season 1 since it looks like they're pushing Dick/Dawn. Now that Babs is coming, I'm gonna get some popcorn. This is gonna be good.
    I'm having some flashbacks.
    Shipwars never end.

(Mind to share that popcorn?)

Depends on if they are going to have them fight over Dick or having Dick cheat

Dick isn’t dating anyone in Titans. Dick will needs Babs to help with Donna.

I followed Titans sporadically. While it real nice for Oracle to get some greater exposure, I'm worried about how she will be depicted in the show, since it seems to default to a dysfunctional group bringing back the misery and trauma to every member of the team. Things might have improved by the end of season 2, but I lost a lot of interest when they killed of Donna Troy, who was the most emotionally mature person on the team.

So I'm afraid we will get lots of wallowing in TKJ again.

Making her the GCPD commissioner also seems like a step back, and a reduction of Oracle's role and agency in the DC universe.

But major props for them trying to get a wheelchair-using actor. Ali Stroker would be awesome.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I like Titans for the most part, but quite frankly I’ll take what I can get with Oracle. Especially now that BoP is lost for her.

I'm sort of the opposite. Characters like Superman or Batman can survive characterisation that goes counter to the character. It's a lot harder for other characters, especially for someone like Oracle who DC has attempted to bury for ten years now. And is of a character type that is was extremely rare when Yale and Ostrander crafted her in the early 90s, and still is exceedingly rare.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This Barbar is 30 and the current commissioner so closer to Oracle pre flashpoint then current batgirl

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick isn’t dating anyone in Titans. Dick will needs Babs to help with Donna.
    Meaning it doesn't matter what they do. They already complain that Dawn is taking Dick from Kori when he's not dating anyone, then there's going to be anger anyway.