Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Babs is rumored to be in TITANS s3? That's great, hopefully as Batgirl and not Oracle.

Holding out hope for a BATGIRL flick, just sign up Karen Gillen already!
    Im really hoping its as #Batgirl too but we will have to wait and see.
    We saw Oracle in the live action TV series Birds Of Prey so it would be great to now see Babs as Batgirl.

Ya it’s probably going to be Oracle as Oracle would probably fit in there better, and add more narratively to that ensemble. Batgirl is great but she would probably be redundant there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-16-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya it’s probably going to be Oracle as Oracle would probably fit in there better, and add more narratively to that ensemble. Batgirl is great but she would probably be redundant there.
    I agree. In Titans, Batgirl will be redundant in that kind of ensemble, since there is already unpowered fighters

It is curious that I feel two or three unpowered members is too redundant in a group that has many people with superpowers. However, I wouldn't have problem with a complete group of underpowered fighters.

To be honest, I would be worried enough about that show taking Batgirl and making her more into Batgirl from the Killing Joke movie, so maybe it's best to just leave it to flashbacks.

Astonishing Member

Batgirl #50 in October is the Final Issue.

I guess there will be a general relaunch after Death Metal, but I wonder what will happen with Barbara.

Good question. Batman and the Outsiders is ending as well - makes you wonder if Babs will even still be Batgirl, or if Cassandra Cain will take back the mantle. Incidentally, they're doing exactly that with Robin. Damian is out, Tim is back in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good question. Batman and the Outsiders is ending as well - makes you wonder if Babs will even still be Batgirl, or if Cassandra Cain will take back the mantle. Incidentally, they're doing exactly that with Robin. Damian is out, Tim is back in.
    We don't know if Tim is back in Robin. A variant cover of Batman #100 has him using that suit, but we don't even know if Tim will appear in that issue (they say that not all people in that cover will appear).

We don't know what will happen. Stephanie could take one of these mantle too.

However, if Barbara left Batgirl mantle. What could be a new identity fot her?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Batgirl #50 in October is the Final Issue.

I guess there will be a general relaunch after Death Metal, but I wonder what will happen with Barbara.
    The synopsis also gave me some partial "final" vibes to Babs as Batgirl.

Spectacular Member

If it’s valedictory time for Babsgirl, I have to say that I’m happy she had this time, restored to the role.

I was a college student who got into comics by reading an article about ‘The Dark Knight Returns’ in Rolling Stone. I loved Adam West as a child, but loved the darker sensibility of these new stories even more.
    Until ‘The Killing Joke’, that is. I’m proud to say that I hated that book on the day it came out. That wasn’t even a minority opinion then- the book was instantly, universally acclaimed as a classic. I’m happy that there’s been some real critical reconsideration of that thing since then. But I was there first!

I have had mixed feelings on the Batgirl title this past decade. The first image we saw was the Adam Hughes cover for #1, and it seemed to promise a joyful, thrilling tone for the book. That was sadly misleading. Barbara still couldn’t shake the curse of Alan Moore- the book wallowed in references to Killing Joke. There was precious little interaction between Barbara and her dad, and what there was was usually tense or angry.
    There was an endless stream of forgettable boyfriends.
    I think that Batgirl had several talented writers who could have really delivered a great book. I blame the story problems on editorial.
    It’s appropriate that this run will end with Barbara’s romance with Jason Bard. I can’t imagine that any writer would walk into the DC offices and pitch Babs/Bard.
    Common sense for this title would have directed more Barbara and her dad in a wonderful, supportive father/daughter relationship, and a LOT more Barbara and Dick Grayson. An absolute no-brainer that DC somehow, incredibly, screwed up.

On the positive side, we were blessed with gorgeous cover art throughout, beginning with national treasure Hughes, Alex Garner, Joshua Middleton, the Dodsons and many more. And the mere fact that a Batgirl title with Barbara in the lead even happened was a validation of her resilience and durability in that role and a kind of victory over the Killing Joke.

My guess is that Cassandra will be Batgirl again, and I wish her the best.
    Just my opinion though- Barbara is the iconic Batgirl, and always will be.

It’s Tynion’s Bat world, so I can see it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Do you think Barbara could have Batwoman as a new identity?

No, probably Oracle if they move her on to a different identity. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they have her operate similar to when Steph became Batgirl.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-17-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s Tynion’s Bat world, so I can see it.
    If Tynion has enough creative control to really dictate the line...then yeah, I could see him putting Babs back as Oracle and Cass as Batgirl.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I doubt Tynion will have that much control, I figure the current BATMAN run as a placeholder till another big team comes onboard.

I sure hope Babs remains as Batgirl, such a shame that Cecil Castellucci's run on BATGIRL is being forced to cross over with Joker War or whatever and being cut so incredibly short.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I doubt Tynion will have that much control, I figure the current BATMAN run as a placeholder till another big team comes onboard.

I sure hope Babs remains as Batgirl, such a shame that Cecil Castellucci's run on BATGIRL is being forced to cross over with Joker War or whatever and being cut so incredibly short.
    Tynion run being a placeholder till another another big team comes aboard is a good posibility.

I mean, it is extremely likely a general relaunch will happen after death metal. A new #1 for Batman with a new big team seems pretty likely.