Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That image I posted, that costume is a mix of several from the comics. Colour scheme is Burnside, the mask comes from the current comics costume, but it also looks armoured, which is a feature from the New 52 suit - both of her subsequent comic costumes are just fabric (the Burnside one was shop bought with a bat symbol sewn on, and the current one was a prototype from when she first became Batgirl). Her hair looks shorter too, like when she was Oracle, though I imagine they did that for technical reasons, long hair can be hard to animate.

That backdrop is the Birds of Prey HQ, isn't it?
    yes the Gotham clocktower

Also, her weapon is a pair of tonfa, which is Oracle's weapon so it really is a mix of everything

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Babs was confirmed as the "new" commissioner Gordon in Titans.
    Hmm i wonder if her role is reoccurring?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first one looks like if Burnside and the current suit had a baby.

I prefer the second suit more, so I'm glad they used it for the gameplay.

Not sure about Babs' VA.
    The first suit definitely is a mix of Burnside and her current comics suit. I don't hate it, I like that it is armored but it's very bright which I'm not overly excited about. I also don't like that her cape is bright yellow on the outside and her little mask from the comics I'm not a huge fan of.
    The image I posted below of her second costume we see in the gameplay is amazing. Big fan of the armored look, love the cowl and she has the white eyes, love the darker colour scheme.
    Hopefully we can choose which costume we want to play Batgirl as.
    Also Babs as Commissioner Gordon in Titans season 3 is exciting. Gives me hope we will see her as Batgirl in flashbacks and I'm probably jumping the gun but just MAYBE she will put the Batgirl costume on again to help the Titans.
    20200823_130730.jpg

More awesome news Batgirl is trending on Twitter

Batgirl trending on Twitter August 23rd 2020.JPG
    Last edited by sorboares; 08-22-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ooh, thats curve ball. Thats interesting.
    It's not the first time we've had Commissioner Barbara Gordon. It happened in Batman Beyond too, though there she was of course middle aged, which she won't be this time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

It was really sad her ongoing title finished with subpar filler material and then an interaction with Joker War that looks like it is just going to be ignored. It’s so stupid we have a completely different version of events in her title and Nightwing. Talk about treating the character with a lack of respect.

Mighty Member

No more Bat embargo, huray! It's great to see Dick and Babs share the same screen again. It has been so goddamn long!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Lots of flirting between Babs and Luke in the new Batgirl issue, I wonder if they're going to try that romance again when Luke becomes batman? Seemed so out of the blue.

Talking

I just finished reading Batman Three Jokers and it was outstanding. They showed so much respect to Babs/Batgirl and the art and costume for her and for the entire issue is perfection.
    I wish we had a Batgirl book/series in this style. If you haven't then do yourself a favour and buy these books. I can't wait for issue 2 and 3!
    20200723_092204.jpg

Also just read the latest Batgirl issue and I'm very happy
    Last edited by sorboares; 08-25-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Lots of flirting between Babs and Luke in the new Batgirl issue, I wonder if they're going to try that romance again when Luke becomes batman? Seemed so out of the blue.
    Especially since i doubt the writer is sticking around...but that would probably be the least problematic take on a Batgirl/Batman relationship.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially since i doubt the writer is sticking around...but that would probably be the least problematic take on a Batgirl/Batman relationship.
    The writer did tweet that even though her run is ending, she’s setting up things for beyond. So I wonder if this is what she meant?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The writer did tweet that even though her run is ending, she’s setting up things for beyond. So I wonder if this is what she meant?
    Really? I was really hoping most of her setting will be ignores for future writers.

I mean, it is mentioned the implant won't work again if it's extracted one more time. Also, it is strongly implied that the implant's capacity is temporary.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-25-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I just finished reading Batman Three Jokers and it was outstanding. They showed so much respect to Babs/Batgirl and the art and costume for her and for the entire issue is perfection.
    I wish we had a Batgirl book/series in this style. If you haven't then do yourself a favour and buy these books. I can't wait for issue 2 and 3!
    20200723_092204.jpg

Also just read the latest Batgirl issue and I'm very happy
    How do you feel about the ending of the issue? spoilers:
    Where Babs "missed" deflecting Jason's gun when he killed that Joker?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    How do you feel about the ending of the issue? spoilers:
    Where Babs "missed" deflecting Jason's gun when he killed that Joker?
    end of spoilers
    Consistent. Babs was intending to kill Joker with a chainsaw in Death of The Family because she can no longer stop herself.

I wonder what Babs will be up too in the second issue? Seems like she will be teaming up with Bruce while Jason goes solo.