Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Consistent. Babs was intending to kill Joker with a chainsaw in Death of The Family because she can no longer stop herself.
    I remember that. Dick tried to kill Joker in Death of the Family too.

So, I guess almost nobody in the Bat-family will have problems with killing Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I remember that. Dick tried to kill Joker in Death of the Family too.

So, I guess almost nobody in the Bat-family will have problems with killing Joker.
    I don't think Tim's ever tried to kill Joker, and he actually dealt with him one-on-one at some point.

Ya, it’s not the first time Babs has been conflicted about the Joker being alive. When Dick beat the a Joker to near death in Last Laugh it was a discussion Dick and Babs were having prior. Thought it was fine in 3 Jokers. See where that goes I guess.

New Batgirl issue I liked, seemed pretty meaty, but how it fits in Joker Wars is just a mess. Luke felt like what it’s like to be Dick there, lol. Romantic tension but never the right time. Though isn’t JJ her younger brother?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-25-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Tim's ever tried to kill Joker, and he actually dealt with him one-on-one at some point.
    He didn't protest much when he thougth that Jason killed him in Death of the Family. Last time that they face one to one was in Paul Dini's Tec, when Joker kidnapped him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, it’s not the first time Babs has been conflicted about the Joker being alive. When Dick beat the a Joker to near death in Last Laugh it was a discussion Dick and Babs were having prior. Thought it was fine in 3 Jokers. See where that goes I guess.

New Batgirl issue I liked, seemed pretty meaty, but how it fits in Joker Wars is just a mess. Luke felt like what it’s like to be Dick there, lol. Romantic tension but never the right time. Though isn’t JJ her younger brother?
    Yeah JJ's younger

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tim got it drilled in his head to not face Joker one on one after Jason died, so when he did, he's extremely careful

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    How do you feel about the ending of the issue? spoilers:
    Where Babs "missed" deflecting Jason's gun when he killed that Joker?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I believe that Batgirl did try to stop him and just missed for who knows what reason? Maybe she doesn't want Joker to live but I still don't think she would kill him or let someone kill him. Maybe subconsciously she was fighting here thoughts about him living or dying but I still think she did try.
    end of spoilers

Also the latest Batgirl issue what did you think of spoilers:
    Batgirl walking again? I loved it and am so happy she is walking and really hope she stays that way. I hope this is the final time her chip is ruined because they did say she couldn't get it fixed again which is strange. But Luke said this was the second time Babs has removed her chip, I don't remember it being the second time, when was the first time?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    spoilers:
    I believe that Batgirl did try to stop him and just missed for who knows what reason? Maybe she doesn't want Joker to live but I still don't think she would kill him or let someone kill him. Maybe subconsciously she was fighting here thoughts about him living or dying but I still think she did try.
    end of spoilers

Also the latest Batgirl issue what did you think of spoilers:
    Batgirl walking again? I loved it and am so happy she is walking and really hope she stays that way. I hope this is the final time her chip is ruined because they did say she couldn't get it fixed again which is strange. But Luke said this was the second time Babs has removed her chip, I don't remember it being the second time, when was the first time?
    end of spoilers
    First time in Burnside climax. She did it herself so it won't get controlled by the enemy or something like that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I just finished reading Batman Three Jokers and it was outstanding. They showed so much respect to Babs/Batgirl and the art and costume for her and for the entire issue is perfection.
    I wish we had a Batgirl book/series in this style. If you haven't then do yourself a favour and buy these books. I can't wait for issue 2 and 3!
    Attachment 100096

Also just read the latest Batgirl issue and I'm very happy
    I wish so too. I much prefer Oracle but if DC can keep giving us Barbara in the same capacity as this issue, then I'll stop wishing for Oracle.

[QUOTE=Restingvoice;5114989]First time in Burnside climax. She did it herself so it won't get controlled by the enemy or something like that

I remember she had issues with her chip in Burnside but I can't think of when she removed it the first time. Any idea what issue?
    Also I do wish it explained what happened to Joker? He is just gone, how did he walk away? Especially since Babs threw a steal pipe into his spine and the last we see him is on the floor with Babs bleeding out.

Sorry not sure why it posted twice and I dont know how to delete one of them
    Last edited by sorboares; 08-26-2020 at 01:21 AM.

I remember she had issues with her chip in Burnside but I can't think of when she removed it the first time. Any idea what issue?
    Also I do wish it explained what happened to Joker? He is just gone, how to he walk away? Especially since Babs through a steal pipe into his spine?
    I don't remember. I only remember she's fighting a villain in a burning building that keeps taking over her chip so she knived it out, then force herself to stand on her own, long enough to defeat the villain, before falling down again.

Oh besides that, she turned it off in Summer of Lies too, don't remember why, but Nightwing, swung her by her waist so she can hit the enemy, and by the end of the issue, he helped her stretched after she turned the chip on again

Also apparently it's broken and repaired in Batgirl #29 while fighting Grotesque and Wyrm. That last one I never saw.

Can someone tell me why in the latest Batgirl issue Babs is at odds with her Dad?
    What have I missed?
    Thanks

Good question, when were they reunited after the Commissioner was brainwashed by Batman Who Laughs?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Can someone tell me why in the latest Batgirl issue Babs is at odds with her Dad?
    What have I missed?
    Thanks
    I think they've been at odds ever since she started working for that politician who had it out for the GCPD.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good question, when were they reunited after the Commissioner was brainwashed by Batman Who Laughs?
    Ya, Batgirl hasn't really touched on Jim's brainwashing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Batgirl hasn't really touched on Jim's brainwashing at all.
    I think Castelluci touched on it a little with one of her first issues where Batgirl and Jim kind of have it out and he's already one of the Secret Six.