Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

I do think that issues 48 and 49 shouldn't have had Joker War Collateral Damage on the cover, and are set after Joker War is over. If so, that would mean it could be after Batman #100 and Tec #1030 as well.

But yeah, issue 50 could end with Jim finding out what really happened and Babs changing her mind.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If i remember the rest of these Batgirl issues are written with 5G happing in mind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If i remember the rest of these Batgirl issues are written with 5G happing in mind.
    However, the writer has said her story will have con sequence in future stories.

This was after we know that 5G won't be happening.

That's why I'm worried that Batgirl run said the implant won't work again if it is extracted again.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-22-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I do think that issues 48 and 49 shouldn't have had Joker War Collateral Damage on the cover, and are set after Joker War is over. If so, that would mean it could be after Batman #100 and Tec #1030 as well.

But yeah, issue 50 could end with Jim finding out what really happened and Babs changing her mind.
    The whole thing is a mess, but Batgirl 48 lines up with Catwoman 25 lines up with Batman 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Crikey, that ending...
    spoilers:
    Babs tracks down the Batgirl Killer, it's James Gordon, who has a split personality. James commits suicide, Jim sees it and tries to arrest Batgirl for manslaughter. Babs escapes but decides to retire.
    end of spoilers
    Didn't we already go through this in the Simone run?

Not to mention Babs ragging on Jim for being brainwashed while she's making out with New 52 Jason Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't we already go through this in the Simone run?

Not to mention Babs ragging on Jim for being brainwashed while she's making out with New 52 Jason Bard.
    Just read Batgirl issue 49 and I am unsure how I feel.

spoilers:
    So James Jr is the killer, not really a surprise.

James Jr commits suicide, didn't expect that but couldn't Babs have saved him with a Bat rope or something?

Now her Dad blames Batgirl for his sons death, AGAIN! This already happened in Gail Simones run and it was done beautifully in that run. Can they not come up with some new ideas?

The final page has Babs take off her mask and says she gives up! Well this entire Batgirl run has been about Gordons never give up so that is a contradiction!

Now what? Babs in issue 50 (the final issue) will retire being Batgirl? She will reveal she is Batgirl to her Dad? If either of these two scenarios happen than that is extremely disappointing!

Babs has fought so hard to become Batgirl again and just recently was disabled and then she had her chip fixed and now she gives up. That is weak!

I also dont understand why Babs is so against her Father? I know I read that he was infected by the Batman Who Laughs and I'm not sure what bad stuff he did as I have not read those comics. But she must know it wasn't him, he was infected and now he has recovered so why does Babs hate him so much?

Also what does this have to do with Joker War?
    end of spoilers

Not too happy with this issue and all it's problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nah. The writer of the book confirmed she was coming onto Batgirl knowing her run would be limited and short (i.e. 5G), but due to something the comic was given a longer life span (i.e. no 5G) and so did her run.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Nah. The writer of the book confirmed she was coming onto Batgirl knowing her run would be limited and short (i.e. 5G), but due to something the comic was given a longer life span (i.e. no 5G) and so did her run.
    https://twitter.com/misscecil/status...htmode%3Dfalse

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Just read Batgirl issue 49 and I am unsure how I feel.

spoilers:
    So James Jr is the killer, not really a surprise.

James Jr commits suicide, didn't expect that but couldn't Babs have saved him with a Bat rope or something?

Now her Dad blames Batgirl for his sons death, AGAIN! This already happened in Gail Simones run and it was done beautifully in that run. Can they not come up with some new ideas?

The final page has Babs take off her mask and says she gives up! Well this entire Batgirl run has been about Gordons never give up so that is a contradiction!

Now what? Babs in issue 50 (the final issue) will retire being Batgirl? She will reveal she is Batgirl to her Dad? If either of these two scenarios happen than that is extremely disappointing!

Babs has fought so hard to become Batgirl again and just recently was disabled and then she had her chip fixed and now she gives up. That is weak!

I also dont understand why Babs is so against her Father? I know I read that he was infected by the Batman Who Laughs and I'm not sure what bad stuff he did as I have not read those comics. But she must know it wasn't him, he was infected and now he has recovered so why does Babs hate him so much?

Also what does this have to do with Joker War?
    end of spoilers

Not too happy with this issue and all it's problems!
    Except for the added twist on James, felt like a repeat. Even the fallout.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't think newer writers these days read previous run unless they're directly connected and there's a passing of baton. It's kinda been a thing the past few years

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think newer writers these days read previous run unless they're directly connected and there's a passing of baton. It's kinda been a thing the past few years
    It should at least be on the editors to make sure that story beats aren't being rehashed so directly and so often. But I'm honestly not sure what DC's editor's seem to do. They just seem to shut down good ideas and force out bad ones and let tons of mistakes slip through the cracks along the way.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Maybe if this was a story from a long while ago, but the New 52 still feels relatively recent, especially when it was Babs' first solo run in forever.

Incredible Member

I will never forgive Babs for overshadowing my baby and making sure she got buried

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I will never forgive Babs for overshadowing my baby and making sure she got buried
    Wrong thread. This is for appreciation.

Incredible Member

Wrong thread. This is for appreciation.
    FIne, Oracle is damn amazing