Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    at this point I'm surprised people haven't started shipping Kara and Barbara. Or has that happened already in someone's fan-fiction? hmm...
    Every Super-Bat counterpart is heavily shipped by fans and that's no exception. Come on, man.

Kara's most iconic love interest is probably Brainiac 5... Or the horse, if we're counting memes.

As for Barbara, man, she can't get a break. The weirdest thing about this whole thing is that Jason really wants to be Dick Grayson, doesn't he? He followed him as Robin, post-IC he tried to be Nightwing, and he's now chased after both his ex-girlfriends. It's getting a little creepy, man.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-28-2020 at 11:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This whole Three Jokers thing got me thinking, does Babs have any male hero friends that she hasn't been romantically paired off with?
    Not really she has apart from Ted Kord afaik not really any male suerhero firds outside the Batfamily since she is usually either only in Batfamily comics or on the (usually) all female Birds of Prey team.

Extraordinary Member

This whole Three Jokers thing got me thinking, does Babs have any male hero friends that she hasn't been romantically paired off with? I can't think of any. I know there is an Alfred but that doesn't really count, lol.
    Um, Azrael maybe.

Incredible Member

This whole Three Jokers thing got me thinking, does Babs have any male hero friends that she hasn't been romantically paired off with? I can't think of any. I know there is an Alfred but that doesn't really count, lol.
    Damian, Azrael, Alfred, Orpheus (RIP). That's it. I mean Babs went on a date with Superman once which just grosses me out

Spectacular Member

This is gonna weird when Dick Grayson finds out what Jason and Barbara had done in the recent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Damian, Azrael, Alfred, Orpheus (RIP). That's it. I mean Babs went on a date with Superman once which just grosses me out
    Was this some kind of Silver Age story ?

I read issue 2 of Three Jokers last night and it was great. Everyone is making a big deal about Babs and Jason and there is no reason to.
    This book is so great for Babs, she is done beautifully and as Batgirl she is perfect.
    We need this Batgirl to get her own series and be in main continuity.
    Last edited by sorboares; 09-29-2020 at 06:35 PM.

In Pre-crisis how old was Babs? Anyway I hope Babs gets her own animated movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In Pre-crisis how old was Babs? Anyway I hope Babs gets her own animated movie.
    I think Barbara was 25 years old when she appeared in Pre-crisis.

Although her case was curious, because other characters like Dick or Kara grew up (from teens to young adults), but she remained at that age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think Barbara was 25 years old when she appeared in Pre-crisis.

Although her case was curious, because other characters like Dick or Kara grew up (from teens to young adults), but she remained at that age.
    She had to be at least 25, because she became a congresswoman in 1974.

One term is 6 years. So she had to be at least 31 when she stopped being a congresswoman before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She had to be at least 25, because she became a congresswoman in 1974.

One term is 6 years. So she had to be at least 31 when she stopped being a congresswoman before Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    I believe congresswomen serve 2 years, whereas Senators serve 6 years. So I was under the impression that she was around 27.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I believe congresswomen serve 2 years, whereas Senators serve 6 years. So I was under the impression that she was around 27.
    Ah! You’re right. I got it confused.

She was a congresswoman for 2 years comic book time, but it lasted 6 years from 1974 to 1980 real life time.

But she had to be 25 years of age to be a congresswoman in 1973 our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ah! You’re right. I got it confused.

She was a congresswoman for 2 years comic book time, but it lasted 6 years from 1974 to 1980 real life time.

But she had to be 25 years of age to be a congresswoman in 1973 our time.
    Right, whereas Dick could not have aged more than 9 months over that same timespan as he did not complete 2 complete semesters at Hudson U if I am remembering correctly.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

So wait how old was Dick than when he meet her? This is why I never take ages in Comics seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So wait how old was Dick than when he meet her? This is why I never take ages in Comics seriously.
    He was still a teenager. He was about six or seven years younger than her