Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Yeah, them being the same age when they met is a New 52 retcon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

well, the kiss was just dumb cause a hug would've worked so much better in that context and situation... you don't need a stupid kiss to show two characters connecting/caring, especially when it's dealing with past, trauma and healing

and ya, this whole deal with Babs on a rotating door of love interest/boyfriends (since Burnside) is just so stupid and needs to stop. She doesn't need to kiss every freaking bat family member and she doesn't need a love interest to have a story. And if DC editors are so desperate to have Babs with someone, just make DickBabs happen and get them married, the end.

DickFire is not a thing for DC comics and Babs other love interests have been god awful, worst being jason effing bard, so just do DickBabs and be done with it.

anyways, at the least, Three Jokers is not canon. It might be made canon "if fans like it enough", w.e. that means, but honestly it really should just stay non-canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So wait how old was Dick than when he meet her? This is why I never take ages in Comics seriously.
    He was still in highschool and 15 or 16 years old, which would have made her (based on the Bronze Age ages when he was 18 and she 25) 22 or 23 at the time.
    Btw. when Jason appeared pre crisis (at age 12), Dick was 19 which would have made Barbara 26 at the time (and based on post crisis ages still 21 or 22).

The issue is that Dc also knows there is also just has large fan base for Dick and Starfire. So it can never be one or the other. We also I feel want him to have a complex love life like Bruce not to the same extend. I do wish they stopped trashing Starfire. Nightwing base has a large base for both Dick/Babs and Dick/Kori. So to make that either happen will upset either side. The only one to get both would be elsewhere. Much like how they will never have Bruce and Catwoman get married or workout in many cases. Dc cares about Starfire and Dick to some Extend as WB animated movies had Kori/Dick and Teen Titans original 2003 cartoons. So it’s not like Dc couldn’t go with either of them. The only one allowed to be married is Clark.

Dick loved Kori but Dc has to make things worst by saying he only lusted after her. When that’s not the case. They could have easily done they work better as friends. Kori and Dick or DickBabs. Let’s face it at times Babs kept playing with his emotions.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-30-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The issue is that Dc also knows there is also just has large fan base for Dick and Starfire. So it can never be one or the other. We also I feel want him to have a complex love life like Bruce not to the same extend. I do wish they stopped trashing Starfire. Nightwing base has a large base for both Dick/Babs and Dick/Kori. So to make that either happen will upset either side. The only one to get both would be elsewhere. Much like how they will never have Bruce and Catwoman get married or workout in many cases. Dc cares about Starfire and Dick to some Extend as WB animated movies had Kori/Dick and Teen Titans original 2003 cartoons. So it’s not like Dc couldn’t go with either of them. The only one allowed to be married is Clark.

Dick loved Kori but Dc has to make things worst by saying he only lusted after her. When that’s not the case. They could have easily done they work better as friends. Kori and Dick or DickBabs. Let’s face it at times Babs kept playing with his emotions.
    Kori cannot be with dick
    Artemis cannot be with Jason
    Wonder Woman can’t date batman
    Djinn cannot feel for Damian

You know why Tim and Stephanie work without issue, becuase she does not threaten the status quo. She can be stapled to his cape and never put a halt to a story.

But superpowered girlfriends cannot exist in Gotham. The stories won’t work. Damian had powers for a week tied up every major villain he could in 5 minutes and Batman told him no that’s not how we do things. Those girls would have to cease to exist everytime they enter Gotham. In a strictly titans settings in the animation dick could be a pair with starfire, but in the comics Batman will always come first there is no stopping it

I don’t think DC gives a crap about upsetting a fan base. That’s not why.

Incredible Member

I vote for all three being polyamorous but DC would never go for that
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I vote for all three being polyamorous but DC would never go for that
    Nah. It's too convenient for Dick.

Honestly, I've prefer the polyamorous representation isn't one man and many women.

Incredible Member

babsservice.jpg I find this hilarious and very accurate
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t think DC gives a crap about upsetting a fan base. That’s not why.
    That and it just to add conflict and to fit within the main Batfam but no you can't have a love life. You have to be somewhat like Bruce. Bruce can date Diana outside the comics has he did within the animated series and Harley Quinn he has a thing for Diana. So yea.

Extraordinary Member

At least in the Comics Kori/Dick hasn't really been a thing since New Titans #100.
    And unless they somehow manage to get a good long running Titans comic out, I doubt it will ever return.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At least in the Comics Kori/Dick hasn't really been a thing since New Titans #100.
    And unless they somehow manage to get a good long running Titans comic out, I doubt it will ever return.
    But Dc doesn't seem to want Babs to happen either. Unless it's in other media like YJ. Even if Dick/Kori didn't come. The Titan comics need a lot of fixing before Nightwing can even really come back to the group. It's been a mess for a while.

I just don't see how dick and babs fit. Barbra life is Gotham and the gcpd, dick's life is supposed to be beyond Gotham. His own city, his own life, his own man beyond the bat, gotham and gcpd.

Starfire is just a character and love interest that lacks utility. I know she has a lot of fans, and I wouldn't say she is a bad character, but you can't do very much with her because she is this superpowered orange alien with fire for hair from an alien race that isn't all that important in the DCU. For modern stories it is a bit of an issue. When you look at romances from Marvel or DC it is incredibly rare for a normal human character to date a superpowered alien-looking character. That isn't a coincidence. It is very tough to make romances like that work now.

Even when Lobdell had Starfire and Roy become a couple in the New 52 he immediately ran into problems with her in the Outlaws book where he had to find ways to write around the fact that she is a superpowered character. You are limited in what you can really do for stories, and everything that can be done with her and Dick together has already been told too. They can't really just start dating casually when they were nearly married. I'm not saying that Dick and Babs is any better, nor do I want them together, but she is a character you can do a lot more with in modern comics, especially in the Batman family of books, I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I just don't see how dick and babs fit. Barbra life is Gotham and the gcpd, dick's life is supposed to be beyond Gotham. His own city, his own life, his own man beyond the bat, gotham and gcpd.
    That's because DC has purposefully stunted Babsgirl. As Oracle, Babs and Dick worked beautifully together.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])