Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really love that variant, even if I'm not a fan of the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's a good costume except for the stupid mask.
    I totally agree it's a good costume but I really hate that mask she needs her cowl back

From Who's Who in the DC Universe, 1991.

I thought she only became Oracle after Joker shot her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

She's taller in Post Crisis huh. 5'11". The current Rebirth height is 5'9". It's in her character card in her new action figure set alongside Nightwing and Batman Who Laughs.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    May 2020 bring her great things, and perhaps a reunion with her true love Nightwing.
    yus, hopefully this very soon

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Nooo! What about her relationship with Jason Bard?!
    since almost no one wants him around, good riddance to that villain and any potential forced thing with him~

good costume indeed, but wtf is that mask DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From Who's Who in the DC Universe, 1991.

I thought she only became Oracle after Joker shot her.
    Interesting find! (It's on the second paragraph of the third column.) To me it reads like a rather blatant attempt at a retcon, but I can't claim there is no support in the published works.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She's taller in Post Crisis huh. 5'11". The current Rebirth height is 5'9". It's in her character card in her new action figure set alongside Nightwing and Batman Who Laughs.
    She's not the only one who has inconsistent heights on character profiles. Wonder Woman's fluctuated too, I recently read a CBR article about that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    since almost no one wants him around, good riddance to that villain and any potential forced thing with him~
    I’m just glad I got to see them kiss before it went.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    May 2020 bring her great things, and perhaps a reunion with her true love Nightwing.
    Silly goose Starfire is Nightwing true love. Barbara is just the side chick.

I think it's funny Jason and Bea run in the same circle. I have nothing against Bard, but I want Babs to hook up with Dick in front of Bea for being so condescending to her during this Ric nightmare.

I just caught up with the Stohl run and I have to say, reading it, it was probably the first time I felt really engaged and interested in anything with Babs as Batgirl in years.

Like Stohl really get Babs, the kind of Batgirl she is, and delivered compelling stories with real stakes and emotional drama (and no boyfriend of the month). This felt like what Batgirl Rebirth should've been from the start.

I also love how working with Poison Ivy in the BoP book totally ended up biting Babs in the butt and kicking her out of her company .

I'm only disappointed Stohl had to leave after the second arc.

Latest issue was rather weird, lol.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just caught up with the Stohl run and I have to say, reading it, it was probably the first time I felt really engaged and interested in anything with Babs as Batgirl in years.

Like Stohl really get Babs, the kind of Batgirl she is, and delivered compelling stories with real stakes and emotional drama (and no boyfriend of the month). This felt like what Batgirl Rebirth should've been from the start.

I also love how working with Poison Ivy in the BoP book totally ended up biting Babs in the butt and kicking her out of her company .

I'm only disappointed Stohl had to leave after the second arc.
    Is that the Scott run?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Latest issue was rather weird, lol.
    Yeah. The key to a good issue that doesn't focus on the main characters as much is that you have to make the other characters and world interesting and engaging in their own right. This weird AU and characters are nowhere near as compelling as Babs and Jason Bard, even as limply as they are written in this issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Is that the Scott run?
    D'oh, yeah .