Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea. That’s the issue. He can’t be a titan and a Batfam. He can’t truly leave Gotham. Dc wants that status quota. Dick and Babs can’t unless they make them cut ties. I mean Babs wasn’t in the Titans. Dick should be in the Titans and Batfam.
    But the big differnce is Barbara could be a Titan, while Kori simply doesn't work in typical Batman comics.
    And Dick will never be that removed from Batman that it would make sense for him to stay completely out off all big Batfamily events.

Even back in NTT you had imo the problem that Dick didn't worked that well in the Kori centric space stories. And the more detective centric stories where Dick could shine were usually ones were Kori was out of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The only reason Dick and Babs don't work isn't because she is tied to Gotham, since they worked when she was tied to Gotham as Oracle, but because both are solo characters with their own books. It's very rare for two characters to date when each are solo characters with their own title. Writers just prefer to have a romantic option they can control and that doesn't work when each have their own book. So they just keep teasing the romance to keep it relevant but won't actually do anything with it in favor of focusing on options in their own book they can control.
    If we look at the height of the DickBabs romance, Babs was Oracle, but while she was located in Gotham, her focus was much wider.

Rather, I think the big reason why DickBabs worked so well there comes down to the writer. Chuck Dixon was a very versatile writer, who could write believable relationships and romance, understood personal drama in fiction, and who wrote both Birds of Prey and Nightwing.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    If we look at the height of the DickBabs romance, Babs was Oracle, but while she was located in Gotham, her focus was much wider.

Rather, I think the big reason why DickBabs worked so well there comes down to the writer. Chuck Dixon was a very versatile writer, who could write believable relationships and romance, understood personal drama in fiction, and who wrote both Birds of Prey and Nightwing.
    That still fits what Badou mentioned.

Chuck Dixon still has control over Dick and Barbara, since he writes both books. He could develop both characters and their relationship in the direction he wants.

Barbara as Oracle has international missions, but I wouldn't say she has a really wider focus. After all, BOP was still in Batman editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But the big differnce is Barbara could be a Titan, while Kori simply doesn't work in typical Batman comics.
    And Dick will never be that removed from Batman that it would make sense for him to stay completely out off all big Batfamily events.

Even back in NTT you had imo the problem that Dick didn't worked that well in the Kori centric space stories. And the more detective centric stories where Dick could shine were usually ones were Kori was out of the picture.

And yet Batman can work in space centric stories. I mean almost any story could work but still. Either Kori or Babs are good for him now. The only ways is in elsewhere. We need a need love interest. If Catwoman is just one of the main 3. Why not make a third one? Even someone new or someone else ? What about Zatanna ?

Incredible Member

And yet Batman can work in space centric stories. I mean almost any story could work but still. Either Kori or Babs are good for him now. The only ways is in elsewhere. We need a need love interest. If Catwoman is just one of the main 3. Why not make a third one? Even someone new or someone else ? What about Zatanna ?
    No Zatanna due to the Bruce/Zatanna romance. How about Flamebird? She and Dick have known each other since their teen years and were Teen Titans together.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Yea. That sounds right it’s just even if we have to make a new Flamebird. It’s only right to make a character not in the Batfam but creates in the Nightwing book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    No Zatanna due to the Bruce/Zatanna romance. How about Flamebird? She and Dick have known each other since their teen years and were Teen Titans together.
    Yeah, Zatanna is Bruce's age, even though she looks a lot younger, so the age gap would be an issue. But romance? I thought they were just childhood friends?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well the only Romance I can remember with Bruce is Batman the animated series. What how old is Dick suppose to be ? Mid 20-30

Incredible Member

Yea. That sounds right it’s just even if we have to make a new Flamebird. It’s only right to make a character not in the Batfam but creates in the Nightwing book.
    Except that Flamebird (Bette) is currently adrift. She's been sorta stuck between the Bat and Titans offices. I think Nightwing is the best spot for her especially considering how the Batwoman books have mistreated her.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Zatanna is Bruce's age, even though she looks a lot younger, so the age gap would be an issue. But romance? I thought they were just childhood friends?

I'm pretty sure Bruce and Zatanna dated for a while

I'm pretty sure Bruce and Zatanna dated for a while
    I think there was more of an attraction they never acted on than any serious dating.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was more of an attraction they never acted on than any serious dating.
    I think you're right. I prefer Zee/Constantine anyway

Except that Flamebird (Bette) is currently adrift. She's been sorta stuck between the Bat and Titans offices. I think Nightwing is the best spot for her especially considering how the Batwoman books have mistreated her.
    I guess build her from the ground up. What's her story? Just to make a joke out of it. She is a red head. It seems some of his closest relationships are red hairs. Wally, Babs, Star, and Roy. Wait do Roy and Dick even have a relationship

Incredible Member

I guess build her from the ground up. What's her story? Just to make a joke out of it. She is a red head. It seems some of his closest relationships are red hairs. Wally, Babs, Star, and Roy. Wait do Roy and Dick even have a relationship
    Uhhh, Bette's blond haired. flamey.jpg She was the sidekick to the first Batwoman as Bat-Girl and then joined the Titans West. Then she changed her name to Flamebird and tried reforming the Titans West with Beast Boy. Then she moved back to Gotham to get treated like **** by her cousin, Kate, the new Batwoman. She's currently at West Point which doesn't fit Bette's character at all

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well the only Romance I can remember with Bruce is Batman the animated series. What how old is Dick suppose to be ? Mid 20-30
    In DCAU when Babs and Bruce date? College-age