Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1306
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Is this issue canon after all? As far as I remember, Castellucci wrote that she was leading to some other status quo and now everything has changed. Returning for being Oracle, for example, was ignored here for some reason.
    It wasn't totally ignored, since Barbara realizes the work she makes as Oracle even if she was called Batgirl in a backup story.

Also, the backup where Dinnah, Helena, Cassandra and Stephanie appear has a caption for Barbara where appear the name Batgirl/Oracle.

Castellucci says there were plans for other status quo (5G) that was canceled. However, her last issue is likely part of the new plan.

Castellucci allso mentioned in a recent interview that maybe the Batgirl comic has ended, but she is sure there will more about Barbara/Batgirl:

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/barba...irl-50-finale/

I think it is pretty likely Barbara will be Batgirl and Oracle at the same time.

Considering how Cassandra and Stephanie are called Batgirls lately, it is pretty they will also have double alias.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-27-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Some of the political stuff was heavy handed, but I loved Babs giving it to Dick. That was great. Dead on too cause Ric and his girlfriend were complete a-holes to her. I couldn’t stomach her apologizing again, when she was the one in the right the entire time. She was the one that helped him in the hospital, she was the one Bea had to run to after she more told Babs to get lost cause Ric was ok and totally normal, she is the one that had to do all the work to get the MacGuffin so Bea could literally come out of nowhere to steal the save. So, ya. That was good.
    Too bad it's undermined by her dating a domestic terrorist. At least, Dick has the excuse of being amnesiac/under mind control. Beating on a story no one liked doesn't excuse illogical actions within the issue itself.

I don't know what was up with this last issue being all about Babs lecturing and acting ungrateful towards anyone not named Jason frikkin' Bard. I mean, I'm fine with her being opinionated, but she came off really unlikable here.

And when has she ever cared about an allowance? When all her stuff got blown up she refused to ask Bruce for a pick-me-up and that's why she ended up with the Burnside costume. Is Bruce a bad guy for giving his kids spending money when they devote so much of their life to crime-fighting? Does that instantly negate all the charity work he does?

I'm glad this run is over.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what was up with this last issue being all about Babs lecturing and acting ungrateful towards anyone not named Jason frikkin' Bard. I mean, I'm fine with her being opinionated, but she came off really unlikable here.

And when has she ever cared about an allowance? When all her stuff got blown up she refused to ask Bruce for a pick-me-up and that's why she ended up with the Burnside costume. Is Bruce a bad guy for giving his kids spending money when they devote so much of their life to crime-fighting? Does that instantly negate all the charity work he does?

I'm glad this run is over.
    Me, too. This run has been insulting to characters, insulting to fans, and most of all, insulting to intelligence. Babs deserves so much better.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I've missed out on most of this run because I fell off Batgirl right around the Sean Murphy costume redesign. Honestly because I really don't like the costume? That's a good reason to not read an entire run of comics, yeah? It feels like a version of Thrillkiller that makes less sense for vigilante crime-fighting anonymity and defense?

But I nabbed this up to pay respects to reaching Issue # 50 and I was like "oh, congress stuff! That's akin to the Bronze Age so I dig that!" And then I also saw Jason Bard and I was like "ah, Jason Bard! Actually using Batgirl's cast of characters in a Batgirl story! Must be they're going back to the slightly scoundrel Private Eye thing and ignoring that HORRIBLE Batman Eternal decisionmaking!" but no apparently they've dove right back into that and I'm not torn but it's hard to juxtapose "Acknowledging Continuity" with "Fixing a Broken Character". I'm not sure Jason Bard is currently reconcilable unless you virtually ignore his role in Batman Eternal. And it definitely makes it truly impossible for him to be Batgirl's beau in particular.

But don't get me wrong! I'd like to see Jason Bard as romantic interest in a Batgirl comic book and I'd like to see Batman Eternal retconned down to just the barest footnote bullet points of "one time there was a couple criminals who conspired to ruin Batman and frame Gordon and Bruce lost his house and it was made into Arkham for like two minutes". I'm down with a Batgirl book that actually uses Batgirl history and characters. I loved the Fletcherverse run bringing back all the Bronze Age Batgirl villains.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I've missed out on most of this run because I fell off Batgirl right around the Sean Murphy costume redesign. Honestly because I really don't like the costume? That's a good reason to not read an entire run of comics, yeah? It feels like a version of Thrillkiller that makes less sense for vigilante crime-fighting anonymity and defense?

But I nabbed this up to pay respects to reaching Issue # 50 and I was like "oh, congress stuff! That's akin to the Bronze Age so I dig that!" And then I also saw Jason Bard and I was like "ah, Jason Bard! Actually using Batgirl's cast of characters in a Batgirl story! Must be they're going back to the slightly scoundrel Private Eye thing and ignoring that HORRIBLE Batman Eternal decisionmaking!" but no apparently they've dove right back into that and I'm not torn but it's hard to juxtapose "Acknowledging Continuity" with "Fixing a Broken Character". I'm not sure Jason Bard is currently reconcilable unless you virtually ignore his role in Batman Eternal. And it definitely makes it truly impossible for him to be Batgirl's beau in particular.

But don't get me wrong! I'd like to see Jason Bard as romantic interest in a Batgirl comic book and I'd like to see Batman Eternal retconned down to just the barest footnote bullet points of "one time there was a couple criminals who conspired to ruin Batman and frame Gordon and Bruce lost his house and it was made into Arkham for like two minutes". I'm down with a Batgirl book that actually uses Batgirl history and characters. I loved the Fletcherverse run bringing back all the Bronze Age Batgirl villains.
    Well. I'm a huge fan of Batman Eternal, and I liked Jason's role in it. I do think the kind of thing we're seeing in Batgirl now should have been done immediately after Eternal, so that his character could continue on to being similar to his classic characterization (by "classic" I mean Batgirl year one/Dixon Birds of Prey).

I think that there are concepts, particularly in Batgirl apologizing to Jason, and Jason apologizing to Batgirl, that could be good, and are actually not that badly done, but they're dragged down by the utter unintelligence of the rest of the book, including the really egregious backup stories, particularly the middle one, which reduces the Justice League to as bad as the evil New Gods in Female Furies.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I get the the message with Babs yelling at all the dudes that lead her life, while it was heavy handed, i don't necessarily disagree with it. I don't like her being so antagonistic towards her dad though. Thats not cool. Jim's a good dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I get the the message with Babs yelling at all the dudes that lead her life, while it was heavy handed, i don't necessarily disagree with it. I don't like her being so antagonistic towards her dad though. Thats not cool. Jim's a good dad.
    She just felt unnecessarily aggressive to all the people she should be close to while saving all her affection for...Jason Bard.

I just don't get it.

Also, when was the last time she and Bruce had a positive interaction? It feels like forever.

She made some good points, but yeah she was a bit agro.

And like Jason Bard is boring, it should be someone like Ted Kord. Jason Bard is a boring character and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    She made some good points, but yeah she was a bit agro.

And like Jason Bard is boring, it should be someone like Ted Kord. Jason Bard is a boring character and always has been.
    Ted would be a lot less problematic than current Jason.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since I haven't been really paying attention, what area the Congresswoman Alejo represent? Gotham City? Kane County? The State of New Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Since I haven't been really paying attention, what area the Congresswoman Alejo represent? Gotham City? Kane County? The State of New Jersey?
    She's only really seemed concerned with Gotham, for whatever that's worth.

So I read the final Batgirl issue. I loved the art in the 1st and 3rd stories, was NOT a fan of the art in the second story. I was actually surprised there were 3 stories coz I thought it was meant to be one huge single story.

spoilers:
    I am very happy Babs did not quit being Batgirl, she has decided to continue fighting as Batgirl but also helping out as Oracle too, so that was a great ending in my eyes. What I didn't like was her Father hates Batgirl and blames her for the death of his son. This is the final issue and it ended like that. He didn't learn that it was not Batgirls fault, he didn't get past that. It ends and he still blames Batgirl for his sons death, that is a stupid ending and should have been resolved seeing it was the final issue.
    I also didn't understand and didn't like how Babs treated Dick in the Batcave. She knows he was mind controlled, she helped undo it, she helped rescue him so why on earth would she have so much hate towards him? I thought that was just off and didn't make much sense to me.
    I am unsure about Babs and Jason Bard being a couple, he framed her Father and caused so much trouble so it is a bit weird that she is now falling in love with him. Also why does she feel guilty for throwing him off a building? He was a bad guy!
    The second story where Babs as Batgirl is helping all the Justice League members was cool, I liked that she was needed and that she could help them. I didn't like the art!
    The third story was cool and the art was great, I liked seeing all the Batgirls together but it would have been cool if Babs was helping them as Batgirl as well and not just just as Oracle.
    But all in all I am happy Babs remains as Batgirl and Oracle. Now we need a new book with Babs kicking ass as both heroes.
    end of spoilers

Also read the final issue of Batman Three Jokers. Love this book, Batgirl is drawn to perfection , she is treated amazing, she is serious, she is adult, she takes no sh*t. I wish this Batgirl was in main continuity, I know I keep saying it but I do, I love her costume, I love everything about this amazing Batgirl. Jason Fabok really knows how to draw a perfect Babs as Batgirl!

spoilers:
    So when Commissioner Gordon says to Batgirl that Red Hood isn't someone she she be involved with and she replies " What I do with him isn't your business...Dad..." Does he actually hear her say Dad? So does he know Babs is Batgirl?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sorboares; 10-28-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    So I read the final Batgirl issue. I loved the art in the 1st and 3rd stories, was NOT a fan of the art in the second story. I was actually surprised there were 3 stories coz I thought it was meant to be one huge single story.

spoilers:
    I am very happy Babs did not quit being Batgirl, she has decided to continue fighting as Batgirl but also helping out as Oracle too, so that was a great ending in my eyes. What I didn't like was her Father hates Batgirl and blames her for the death of his son. This is the final issue and it ended like that. He didn't learn that it was not Batgirls fault, he didn't get past that. It ends and he still blames Batgirl for his sons death, that is a stupid ending and should have been resolved seeing it was the final issue.
    I also didn't understand and didn't like how Babs treated Dick in the Batcave. She knows he was mind controlled, she helped undo it, she helped rescue him so why on earth would she have so much hate towards him? I thought that was just off and didn't make much sense to me.
    I am unsure about Babs and Jason Bard being a couple, he framed her Father and caused so much trouble so it is a bit weird that she is now falling in love with him. Also why does she feel guilty for throwing him off a building? He was a bad guy!
    The second story where Babs as Batgirl is helping all the Justice League members was cool, I liked that she was needed and that she could help them. I didn't like the art!
    The third story was cool and the art was great, I liked seeing all the Batgirls together but it would have been cool if Babs was helping them as Batgirl as well and not just just as Oracle.
    But all in all I am happy Babs remains as Batgirl and Oracle. Now we need a new book with Babs kicking ass as both heroes.
    end of spoilers
    [/spoil]
    Not all the Batgirls. I wish people wouldn't forget Bette
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member

The woman playing babs is a paraplegic and a redhead. So we might not be getting any batgirl flashbacks, which is too bad