Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1306
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Very nice, many of my favorites together in one epic pic.

Question -

Who is the woman with the robotic left arm? I can't seem to place her.
    Furiosa from Mad Max Fury Road

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Furiosa from Mad Max Fury Road
    Ah, thanks, I've never been that interested in the Mad Max films (either the originals or reboots).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Patrick Redding reveals new details about Batgirl & Red Hood for ‘GOTHAM KNIGHTS’ #CCXPWorlds

- Batgirl was Oracle years before the events of the game
    I figured as much. It seems like her being Batgirl is actually a newer thing, in-universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by @IsaacGoodheart
    Some of the best leading ladies in faction .

(Sailor Jupiter instead of Sailor Moon? Somebody has a preference).
    Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    Cool piece of art, but very strange how Batgirl is missing her cape.

Also Xena Warrior Princess should be included
    Which is kind of funny when they kept the shoulder straps...which are supposed to be for the cape.

So Babs got married in her burnside outfit was the worst thing about the issue more so than the writing.

I'm really just over this talk that her implant isn't going to last much longer? Like how, what is it that is going to determine it will no longer work? Like commit to her being Oracle or not. Also just if Babs was willing to get an implant, what's with her not exploring other technology? Also Three Jokers canon be weird, but they established that she was able to walk again thanks to rehab. Just last the talk about the implant is stupid.

The costume was an art error, albeit one that's been consistent throughout Death Metal. And we have to ignore anything Cecil writes. She's acknowledged that the end of her Batgirl run, and presumably this too, was written with 5G in mind and no longer reflects future plans. So, while in the Cass/Steph starring Batgirls story in Future State, I expect to see the person they have to rescue be a wheelchair-bound Barbara, in the present day comics, her chip won't fail and she'll continue to walk, operating as both Oracle and "Batgirl Prime" (as Steph has dubbed her).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In Death Metal I was happy to see Babs wearing her cowl again, that was cool.
    I like the story and how they made Babs and Dick get over their issues and Batman marry them (not legally).
    I hate that Babs once again said her implant won't work much longer. I'm over it, just leave Babs the way she is now. I like her doing both roles as Batgirl and Oracle.
    Yes id like to see some more of her as Batgirl and it would be cool if she got a new costume with s cowl again.
    I really hope they don't make Babs Oracle full time again coz I love her as Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    So Babs got married in her burnside outfit was the worst thing about the issue more so than the writing.

I'm really just over this talk that her implant isn't going to last much longer? Like how, what is it that is going to determine it will no longer work? Like commit to her being Oracle or not. Also just if Babs was willing to get an implant, what's with her not exploring other technology? Also Three Jokers canon be weird, but they established that she was able to walk again thanks to rehab. Just last the talk about the implant is stupid.
    Because of course the costume she wears at the end of everything is...Burnside .

I feel like there's just too many inconsistences with Babs these days, both writing wise and artistically. I mean, Castelluci is making a big play with Dick and Babs now after how she wrote them in her last issue? I guess silver linings is at least we're probably done with Jason Bard.

They probably asked her too. Like with Convergence they were looking for an end that would offer some general appeasement. Pairing up Dick and Babs is an quick and easy button to press in that regard. How she wrote them before was more a response to how his writers were writing her, more so then anything else.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-09-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I hate that Babs once again said her implant won't work much longer. I'm over it, just leave Babs the way she is now. I like her doing both roles as Batgirl and Oracle.
    Yes id like to see some more of her as Batgirl and it would be cool if she got a new costume with s cowl again.
    I really hope they don't make Babs Oracle full time again coz I love her as Batgirl.
    If the idea is that from here on, Babs will be in a dual role as Batgirl and Oracle, then I think I would prefer her as Batgirl in her own book, whilst showing up as Oracle across other non-bat related books in the DC universe. Outside of Batman, it's usually hard to justify, or rather rare, for another Bat vigilante like Batgirl to show up in books like JL or what not. But if she gets to work with other teams or characters as Oracle, at least then it might help her build different relationships and allies and expand her reach across the wider DC universe, and not feel quite as regulated to just Batman, or a small slice of Gotham.

Also yes, a new costume with a complete cowl would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They probably asked her too. Like with Convergence they were looking for an end that would offer some general appeasement. Pairing up Dick and Babs is an quick and easy button to press in that regard. How she wrote them before was more a response to how his writers were writing her, more so then anything else.
    I thought it was more just her own response to other characters not named Jason Bard .

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    If the idea is that from here on, Babs will be in a dual role as Batgirl and Oracle, then I think I would prefer her as Batgirl in her own book, whilst showing up as Oracle across other non-bat related books in the DC universe. Outside of Batman, it's usually hard to justify, or rather rare, for another Bat vigilante like Batgirl to show up in books like JL or what not. But if she gets to work with other teams or characters as Oracle, at least then it might help her build different relationships and allies and expand her reach across the wider DC universe, and not feel quite as regulated to just Batman, or a small slice of Gotham.
    DC might try that. But I really doubt it will work on a creative standpoint. The most likely result will be that Babs-as-Oracle will be shunted off and forgotten soon within DC's output. If they keep both going, you will have two Babs characters with very different worldviews and ways of interacting with other characters. It would also hamstring the action stories that could be told about Oracle, since why not tell them about Batgirl instead?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    DC might try that. But I really doubt it will work on a creative standpoint. The most likely result will be that Babs-as-Oracle will be shunted off and forgotten soon within DC's output. If they keep both going, you will have two Babs characters with very different worldviews and ways of interacting with other characters. It would also hamstring the action stories that could be told about Oracle, since why not tell them about Batgirl instead?
    To be honest I'm not sure I see a new Batgirl solo happening any time soon. Dollars to donuts we might get a Batgirls book that continues with Tynion's take with all three of the Batgirls together and explore Babs trying to juggle whether to be Oracle or Batgirl again.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing & Batgirl rekindled romance continues in ongoing title with Tom Taylor & Bruno Redondo
    Tom Taylor and Bruno Redondo are taking over DC's ongoing Nightwing title with March's #78. But Dick Grayson's title won't be a solo act, as his on-again, off-again love interest Barbara Gordon (a.k.a. Batgirl) will be by his side in the returning series.

Extraordinary Member

I hope this doesn't mean she won't get a title or team book (BoP or Batgirls) of her own.
    It would be pretty bad to demote her to Nightwing's supporting cast.