Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean she won't get a title or team book (BoP or Batgirls) of her own.
    It would be pretty bad to demote her to Nightwing's supporting cast.
    Indeed it would be at this point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I think Taylor can write a good Babs and Batgirl, so that's a positive .

Better to be Nightwing's supporting cast then Batgirls' supporting cast. With Oracle for her to not be Batgirl, but still end up in a book called Batgirl misses the point. While being a Batgirl next to 2 other Batgirls, i don't know. Never been a fan of the Power Rangers concept. With Nightwing at least her involvement is not about being his secretary. Its better then nothing for now, but I'd nice to get an Oracle title though. Anything other then that is a demotion. Maybe a BoP book, but there just was a BoP book so i don't see that happening. At least not with Babs.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2020 at 09:19 AM.

She could be both. If Cass and Steph have a book, and Babs operates with them as Oracle, she doesn't have to physically be in the same location - she could be in Bludhaven while the others are in Burnside or Gotham itself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Better to be Nightwing's supporting cast then Batgirls' supporting cast. With Oracle for her to not be Batgirl, but still end up in a book called Batgirl misses the point. While being a Batgirl next to 2 other Batgirls, i don't know. Never been a fan of the Power Rangers concept. With Nightwing at least its not about being his secretary. Still I'd nice to get an Oracle title though.
    I think we can see different avenues for Babs with both status quos. Play her versatility up a little .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Better to be Nightwing's supporting cast then Batgirls' supporting cast. With Oracle for her to not be Batgirl, but still end up in a book called Batgirl misses the point. While being a Batgirl next to 2 other Batgirls, i don't know. Never been a fan of the Power Rangers concept. With Nightwing at least her involvement is not about being his secretary. Its better then nothing for now, but I'd nice to get an Oracle title though. Anything other then that is a demotion. Maybe a BoP book, but there just was a BoP book so i don't see that happening. At least not with Babs.
    I wouldn't say it is better to be Nightwing's supporting cast. I mean Barbara could still end up as Dick's secretary (just add the love interest aspects).

I guess they could develop the relationship better now, since the same writer has control for the two characters.

I mean with Babs being Batgirl in Dark metal. I get the feeling that she will just return to Batgirl. The issue for me is just Babs personality. Hopefully this issue is not an issue. By that I mean she can be controlling or jealous too much. Who knows how long this relationship with last

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean with Babs being Batgirl in Dark metal. I get the feeling that she will just return to Batgirl. The issue for me is just Babs personality. Hopefully this issue is not an issue. By that I mean she can be controlling or jealous too much. Who knows how long this relationship with last
    She's both.

Babs will be Oracle and Batgirl in Nightwing.

Nightwing: Injustice Creative Team Charts a New Direction for Dick Grayson in 2021

https://www.ign.com/articles/nightwi...uad-batgirl-dc

Taylor also confirmed the Batgirl in question is Barbara Gordon. Barbara is going through changes of her own in the aftermath of Joker War, and the series will feature her both as Batgirl and Oracle.

"I’ve always loved their relationship," said Taylor. "There aren’t many characters who know each other so well. They’ve been through so much together, respect each other, and have always been there to support one another. They’re not Batman and Robin. There’s no side-kick here. They’re equals in every way and Babs will be a big part of our story, as Batgirl and as Oracle. Bruno and I have told some huge stories with giant casts between Injustice, Star Wars and Suicide Squad, and we’re very excited to focus on a smaller cast and imbue this book with as much heart and hope as we can."

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Babs will be Oracle and Batgirl in Nightwing.

Nightwing: Injustice Creative Team Charts a New Direction for Dick Grayson in 2021

https://www.ign.com/articles/nightwi...uad-batgirl-dc
    Sounds good! I think Taylor will write a good Babs and use Batgirl/Oracle well .

What the point of being Oracle and Batgirl? Can't she just do everything as Oracle as Batgirl like she has been doing for a while now? Or I guess they need her sitting in a chair in glasses while not wearing a costume because that is so important to her character as Oracle? I dunno, but as expected she becomes Oracle again, even if part time, and she loses her solo as a result, lol.

As for the potential romance with Dick I said this before in the Nightwing thread but that "marriage" felt so unearned in that Death Metal special issue. Their relationship has been so poorly written for so long that it didn't feel natural at all, especially when Dick just last month was crying his eyes out for Bea and Babs was still dating Bard for some reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What the point of being Oracle and Batgirl? Can't she just do everything as Oracle as Batgirl like she has been doing for a while now? Or I guess they need her sitting in a chair in glasses while not wearing a costume because that is so important to her character as Oracle? I dunno, but as expected she becomes Oracle again, even if part time, and she loses her solo as a result, lol.

As for the potential romance with Dick I said this before in the Nightwing thread but that "marriage" felt so unearned in that Death Metal special issue. Their relationship has been so poorly written for so long that it didn't feel natural at all, especially when Dick just last month was crying his eyes out for Bea and Babs was still dating Bard for some reason.
    She doesn't loss her solo because she becomes Oracle (part time).

She likely becomes Oracle, because she lost her solo. So, they want to give other role to mantain Barbara in other stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I mean, if she does that stuff as Batgirl, isn't that just Batgirl acting like Oracle? I think there was a lot of meaning in what Oracle was but this seems like the best compromise at the moment.

I'm willing to see how Taylor writes the relationship, but I'm curious exactly how it's going to play out.

Amazing Member

Anyone else sad that Barbara might be demoted from having her own solo to being another superhero's supporting character/love interest. They could have at least relaunched the title as Nightwing and Batgirl/Oracle. I prefer Oracle more than Batgirl, but I will choose Batgirl as long as she has her own series even at the cost of Oracle. Honest thoughts from a DickKori shipper.
    Last edited by qwazer07; 12-17-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Anyone else sad that Barbara might be demoted from having her own solo to being another superhero's supporting character/love interest. They could have at least relaunched the title as Nightwing and Batgirl/Oracle. I prefer Oracle more than Batgirl, but I will choose Batgirl as long as she has her own series even at the cost of Oracle. Honest thoughts from a DickKori shipper.
    Her book wasn't selling so well so I'm not surprised.

At this point...if she's written well, not dating Jason Bard, and playing a significant role, I can live with it.