Page 85 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35758182838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1306
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d prefer she be a supporting cast member in Nightwing, and a mentor in Batgirls, while leading a new BoP as Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Anyone else sad that Barbara might be demoted from having her own solo to being another superhero's supporting character/love interest. They could have at least relaunched the title as Nightwing and Batgirl/Oracle. I prefer Oracle more than Batgirl, but I will choose Batgirl as long as she has her own series even at the cost of Oracle. Honest thoughts from a DickKori shipper.
    That's what I thought. It would be cool if the book was Nightwing and Batgirl, but she's just a supporting character in his book.
    It sounds like it will be cool, but I want a Batgirl solo book too, or Babs leading BoP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d prefer she be a supporting cast member in Nightwing, and a mentor in Batgirls, while leading a new BoP as Oracle.
    BOP is tainted for a while
    Canary is on the JL she doesn’t need BOP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her book wasn't selling so well so I'm not surprised.

At this point...if she's written well, not dating Jason Bard, and playing a significant role, I can live with it.
    Nightwing hasn’t been selling well. It’s not like her book was selling that much worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Nightwing hasn’t been selling well. It’s not like her book was selling that much worse.
    That's the weird thing. As you say, Nightwin wasn't a lot better than Batgirl.

Maybe DC think they have more possibilities to save Nightwing comic. Also, it is possible they put Barbara almost exclusively in Nightwing comic, so she can help to the sales.

Nrama: You've made a few references to Barbara’s role as Oracle and the potential of Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain taking over the Batgirl mantle. Is this something you’ll be exploring further?

Tynion IV: Barbara Gordon is a character I have plans for both in the Batman title and in the newly-announced Joker title, which is going to feature Jim Gordon as that series’ protagonist. So, Oracle is going to serve as a through-line between both series. Fans of Barbara Gordon are going to get a lot of Barbara Gordon next year.

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-wr...21-and-beyond/

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    BOP is tainted for a while
    Canary is on the JL she doesn’t need BOP
    A JL team led by Green Arrow. So of course his girlfriend makes the team. She's not there on merit, unfortunately.

But yeah, BOP won't be happening for a while, it's been tainted by that Harley Quinn movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm curious if Oracle had her own suit and not be both Batgirl and Oracle. What would you guys think it would be?

I'm excited to read that Batgirl will be teaming up with Nightwing in his new book.
    I also hope that in the Batman and The Joker books, Babs will also suit up as Batgirl. But so far sounds like she will only be Oracle in those series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A JL team led by Green Arrow. So of course his girlfriend makes the team. She's not there on merit, unfortunately.

But yeah, BOP won't be happening for a while, it's been tainted by that Harley Quinn movie.
    Uh she has been on that team for decades and without him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sorboares View Post
    I'm excited to read that Batgirl will be teaming up with Nightwing in his new book.
    I also hope that in the Batman and The Joker books, Babs will also suit up as Batgirl. But so far sounds like she will only be Oracle in those series.
    Yeah. Barbara role seems to be mainly as Oracle in Batman and Joker.

To be fair, Barbara will likely just be a cameo (at most) in these books if she is Batgirl. Tynion has been pretty clear that he doesn't plan to use Batfamily members. Barbara is the exception, because she is Oracle.

In itself, DC seems to want to focus on Barbara as Oracle. The only character where she will appear as Batgirl (and Oracle too) is Nightwing and this is likely due to the romantic thing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What the point of being Oracle and Batgirl? Can't she just do everything as Oracle as Batgirl like she has been doing for a while now? Or I guess they need her sitting in a chair in glasses while not wearing a costume because that is so important to her character as Oracle? I dunno, but as expected she becomes Oracle again, even if part time, and she loses her solo as a result, lol.

As for the potential romance with Dick I said this before in the Nightwing thread but that "marriage" felt so unearned in that Death Metal special issue. Their relationship has been so poorly written for so long that it didn't feel natural at all, especially when Dick just last month was crying his eyes out for Bea and Babs was still dating Bard for some reason.
    It's a damn shame. Babs is just 'Love Interest' now in someone else's title and can't even have her own damn heroic identity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's a damn shame. Babs is just 'Love Interest' now in someone else's title and can't even have her own damn heroic identity.
    Is thaw what you see ?

That doesn't seem to be how Tom Taylor sees it in interviews. Especially since she'll be Batgirl in Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

Barbara is still Batgirl in Nightwing (she is Oracle too).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That doesn't seem to be how Tom Taylor sees it in interviews. Especially since she'll be Batgirl in Nightwing.
    It is interesting that the only story Barbara will be Batgirl is where she will likely be a love interest for the protagonist.

That makes me thing, DC plans to focus on Oracle role for Barbara, while she is Batgirl in Nightwing just because they want the battle couple trope for that comic.