Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Let Adrienne wield a sai held by Elektra and an old Punisher gun and absorb that sweet combat knowledge (I think it'd be a cool way to make psychometric powers funny).
    Exactly. Postcognition / psychometry can rock, in the right hands. Just using it on oneself could include this option, picking up weapons used by legendarily great fighters and 'remembering' their skilled use of said weapon. Being able to use psychometry offensively, on someone else, could be even more effective. "Remember the worst pain you've ever felt? Here, relive it again, in full sense-surround..."

Even better if you can share past experiences from one person to another. "Here's what it felt like to give birth to my first child, annoying man. It took me four hours, but we don't have a lot of time, so I'm gonna give it to you all at once..." "Welcome to Madripoor. I can feel the history all around us. Wolverine was attacked by forty Hand ninja a few years back right here in this bar. They're all dead now. Here's what it felt like, *from their perspective*..."

Extra bonus points if your 'weaponized' psychometry takes the form of a glowing purple energy weapon, and you call it 'the focused totality of my postcognitive abilities.'

Precognition could be similarly 'weaponized.' "I see ten possible ways you could die in the next minute. Five of them look like they really hurt. Let me show them to you..."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-11-2020 at 10:23 PM.