Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just what are Christian's powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No one really knows. We’re guessing that he’s high level psionic.

I agree about the telepathy and or telekinesis for Christian Frost. We have too many of those powers and that combo already. I'm trying to recall what his powers were in the Iceman solo. I think he had some sort of telepathic power. Maybe he created illusions I'm not sure. He may or may not have tk. His powers need to be defined.

All of Emma's siblings have psychic powers don't they? We really need some rule about not creating any more telepaths or telekinetics.

Edit: some websites report that he has some sort of astral/telepathic projection power. Sounds fuzzy to me.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 01-10-2020 at 10:53 PM.

I think he can make solid energy constructs like Sue Storm or Green Lantern. Except his are made of psionic energy
    Last edited by starduck; 01-10-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think he can make solid energy constructs like Sue Storm or Green Lantern. Except his are made of psionic energy
    I looked it up and in the final issue of the Iceman mini (second Iceman series from Sina Grace) they do define his powers as psionic projection.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

According to teh intarwebs;

Astral Energy Manipulation: Christian is able to draw upon and materialize energy from the astral plane and project it as destructive material energy psychic blasts. These blasts cause both physical and mental damage to the victim. He can also create psionic energy constructs. Thus far he has only created a projection of his father, which usually looks like an orange hologram. But on at least one occasion the projection was lifelike enough to convince Emma Frost that it was her actual father.
    I like the idea of him being able to create people, and serve a sort of 'Madrox' role in creating a bunch of expendable goons, rather than necessarily getting into the thick of it himself. If he's able to, with effort, create a psionic energy construct that can fool someone into thinking it's an actual person, there's all sorts of potential there, including that he could send a construct out in his own stead, and stay home in his slippers and bathrobe, doing a sodoku. "Oh no, Christian got killed... What? His 'body' dissolved into light? He was never even here, but stayed home to binge-watch season two of Altered Carbon? That jerk!"

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    sure. that's the idea. but i wasn't exactly sure where/why Emma gained the secondary ability either.
    Cassandra Nova triggered Mama's secondary mutation during the Genosha Massacre. While I personally hope Christian doesn't get a secondary mutation because i like his current power set. Should he too be able to become an organic living crystal like his sister. I hope he turns into Amethyst or Peridot instead of a Diamond
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Cassandra Nova triggered Mama's secondary mutation during the Genosha Massacre. While I personally hope Christian doesn't get a secondary mutation because i like his current power set. Should he too be able to become an organic living crystal like his sister. I hope he turns into Amethyst or Peridot instead of a Diamond
    I feel like it's way too early for Christian to get a secondary mutation, since we've barely even seen his *primary* mutation. Give it a decade or so to get old hat, before whipping out the new toys!

And yeah, a different color would be cool. Bling! has pink. Ruby Summers has red. Maybe Christian could go Topaz or Sapphire or Emerald?

Christian should be able to turn living things into diamond. Flagrant use of this powers would destroy the diamond market as well as kill whatever he transforms. CHOICES.

I don't mind that Christian is yet another psychic, there's a vastly broad range of different psychic powers. "Psychic" is basically the mutant version of timey-wimey/quantum/other random sci-fi-sounding-words that are basically just magic with a different hat

From what we've seen of his "psionic projection", it seems pretty unique so far and it's better than Adrienne's powers

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Christian should be able to turn living things into diamond. Flagrant use of this powers would destroy the diamond market as well as kill whatever he transforms. CHOICES.
    Could you imagine Emma getting supermad at him everytime he uses his powers?

Christian Frost, don't you dare use your powers against that Nimrod unit about to kill those children! I've just bought a bunch of diamonds but the prices are already collapsing because of this superhero thing you're doing!
    Last edited by Veitha; 01-11-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Christian Frost, don't you dare use your powers against that Nimrod unit about to kill those children! I've just bought a bunch of diamonds but the prices are already collapsing because if this superhero thing you're doing!
    Christian's crazy and a Frost. He'd probably turn one of the children into diamond and chuck it at the Nimrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't mind that Christian is yet another psychic, there's a vastly broad range of different psychic powers. "Psychic" is basically the mutant version of timey-wimey/quantum/other random sci-fi-sounding-words that are basically just magic with a different hat

From what we've seen of his "psionic projection", it seems pretty unique so far and it's better than Adrienne's powers
    Let Adrienne wield a sai held by Elektra and an old Punisher gun and absorb that sweet combat knowledge (I think it'd be a cool way to make psychometric powers funny).

Black Bolt and Medusa's son has got very similar powers to what Christian has showed (the irony). Anyway, no one will see Ahura or whathisname anymore so Christian can keep the astral projections.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Christian's crazy and a Frost. He'd probably turn one of the children into diamond and chuck it at the Nimrod.
    Hahaha that's funny. I wonder how ruthless he is going to really be. He seems pretty different than during Iceman and much more Frost-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Let Adrienne wield a sai held by Elektra and an old Punisher gun and absorb that sweet combat knowledge (I think it'd be a cool way to make psychometric powers funny).

Black Bolt and Medusa's son has got very similar powers to what Christian has showed (the irony). Anyway, no one will see Ahura or whathisname anymore so Christian can keep the astral projections.
    Ahura can only create himself. But they can manifest their own psi-weapons, they can possess people, AND he's able to create multiple copies.

We've only seen Christian create one copy, and only his father, which is what I like about it. It's something I wish we saw more from psychics. If your powers are psionic in nature then your own mind should be reflected somehow (your mental health issues, your hang ups, your deepest desires and fears, your preferences).
    Christian's projection seems personalized to his own trauma made manifest, but as he recovers it could change. There's a lot of potential for personal growth with a character like this