Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Let Adrienne wield a sai held by Elektra and an old Punisher gun and absorb that sweet combat knowledge (I think it'd be a cool way to make psychometric powers funny).
    Exactly. Postcognition / psychometry can rock, in the right hands. Just using it on oneself could include this option, picking up weapons used by legendarily great fighters and 'remembering' their skilled use of said weapon. Being able to use psychometry offensively, on someone else, could be even more effective. "Remember the worst pain you've ever felt? Here, relive it again, in full sense-surround..."

Even better if you can share past experiences from one person to another. "Here's what it felt like to give birth to my first child, annoying man. It took me four hours, but we don't have a lot of time, so I'm gonna give it to you all at once..." "Welcome to Madripoor. I can feel the history all around us. Wolverine was attacked by forty Hand ninja a few years back right here in this bar. They're all dead now. Here's what it felt like, *from their perspective*..."

Extra bonus points if your 'weaponized' psychometry takes the form of a glowing purple energy weapon, and you call it 'the focused totality of my postcognitive abilities.'

Precognition could be similarly 'weaponized.' "I see ten possible ways you could die in the next minute. Five of them look like they really hurt. Let me show them to you..."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 01-11-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Exactly. Postcognition / psychometry can rock, in the right hands. Just using it on oneself could include this option, picking up weapons used by legendarily great fighters and 'remembering' their skilled use of said weapon. Being able to use psychometry offensively, on someone else, could be even more effective. "Remember the worst pain you've ever felt? Here, relive it again, in full sense-surround..."

Even better if you can share past experiences from one person to another. "Here's what it felt like to give birth to my first child, annoying man. It took me four hours, but we don't have a lot of time, so I'm gonna give it to you all at once..." "Welcome to Madripoor. I can feel the history all around us. Wolverine was attacked by forty Hand ninja a few years back right here in this bar. They're all dead now. Here's what it felt like, *from their perspective*..."

Extra bonus points if your 'weaponized' psychometry takes the form of a glowing purple energy weapon, and you call it 'the focused totality of my postcognitive abilities.'

Precognition could be similarly 'weaponized.' "I see ten possible ways you could die in the next minute. Five of them look like they really hurt. Let me show them to you..."
    That would be really cool! Playing with memories and past events is actually really powerful and possibly fun to play around, even if limited to touch (like Rogue) but not everyone has to be an OP telepath. There was this character in Legion that was a memory manipulator and he was cool (only saw Season 1 tho, I don't know if it got explored more).

I despise Adrienne tho so either make her a great villain or give this cool applications of psychometry to Hindsight.

All-New Member

I was reallllly hoping that Christian was gonna be a nullpath. All his sisters were psychic and it would make sense that no one ever knew he had powers cause they couldn't use them in each other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by psionic View Post
    I was reallllly hoping that Christian was gonna be a nullpath. All his sisters were psychic and it would make sense that no one ever knew he had powers cause they couldn't use them in each other.
    Also a fun option for a family of telepaths, an anti-psi sort of character. Immune to telepathy. Immune to direct applications of telekinesis (he can't be picked up, and can walk through your force fields, but you can still chuck stuff at his head). Perhaps able to shut down a psychic directly, by focusing on them, or, even more potently, able to generate a null-psi field, like a psychic jamming version of Leech? Not a terribly useful power in a fight with the Hand, or against Sentinels, but then, neither is Bishop's, and he muddles through.

Also a fun option for a family of telepaths, an anti-psi sort of character. Immune to telepathy. Immune to direct applications of telekinesis (he can't be picked up, and can walk through your force fields, but you can still chuck stuff at his head). Perhaps able to shut down a psychic directly, by focusing on them, or, even more potently, able to generate a null-psi field, like a psychic jamming version of Leech? Not a terribly useful power in a fight with the Hand, or against Sentinels, but then, neither is Bishop's, and he muddles through.
    Or like make him a psionic vampire kind of deal. He syphons psionic energy (anyone's) so he's especially good against psichic types but he's also useful against normal people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Or like make him a psionic vampire kind of deal. He syphons psionic energy (anyone's) so he's especially good against psichic types but he's also useful against normal people.
    Someone able to use psionic energy, but not generate it themselves, could be an interesting sort of character to hang around Krakoa. By themselves, they've got nothing, but hanging around with a half-dozen telepaths and telekinetics, they've got all sorts of 'ambient' psionic energy they can tap into and use, and someone might mistake them for a powerful psychic, even if they are limited to pillaging the scraps left behind when Xavier does a broadcast, or Jean is floating by.

All sorts of 'meta' powers could exist as well. Someone who has no real psychic power of their own, but can serve as a bridge between other psychics, allowing them to pool their powers collectively, or even use them through each other (so Jean and Emma and Betsy are 'power-linked' linked by this psychic, and now Emma can tap into telekinesis and Jean can whip out a psychic katana, etc.). Perhaps even synergize actual psychic powers, and allow someone to produce a psychic blast that is both telekinetic *and* telepathic, attacking the body and mind, simultaneously. There's a whole region of power design unexplored here, usually only brought up in role-playing games like GURPS Psionics or PsiWorld or Trinity.

Sutekh needs to be writing a Synch solo.

I love all these ideas, but not for Christian. Honestly he could never use a mutant power and we’d all be fine. He’s a crazy gay Frost. That’s a very deep well of narrative potential.

Psionic amplifier/signal booster

Someone able to use psionic energy, but not generate it themselves, could be an interesting sort of character to hang around Krakoa. By themselves, they've got nothing, but hanging around with a half-dozen telepaths and telekinetics, they've got all sorts of 'ambient' psionic energy they can tap into and use, and someone might mistake them for a powerful psychic, even if they are limited to pillaging the scraps left behind when Xavier does a broadcast, or Jean is floating by.

All sorts of 'meta' powers could exist as well. Someone who has no real psychic power of their own, but can serve as a bridge between other psychics, allowing them to pool their powers collectively, or even use them through each other (so Jean and Emma and Betsy are 'power-linked' linked by this psychic, and now Emma can tap into telekinesis and Jean can whip out a psychic katana, etc.). Perhaps even synergize actual psychic powers, and allow someone to produce a psychic blast that is both telekinetic *and* telepathic, attacking the body and mind, simultaneously. There's a whole region of power design unexplored here, usually only brought up in role-playing games like GURPS Psionics or PsiWorld or Trinity.
    That's cool. I feel like that's what Hickman intended Hope and the Cuckoos to be doing in House of X: Hope amplified and synched the Five's powers, while the Cuckoos were able to link everyone when creating the connection towards the Orchis Base. Considering the fact that The Cuckoos have a hive mind, they could actually use this to let people with different psionic powers "share".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Sutekh needs to be writing a Synch solo.
    Aw, thanks, but I'm too old and white to really feel comfortable writing him well.

I love all these ideas, but not for Christian. Honestly he could never use a mutant power and we’d all be fine. He’s a crazy gay Frost. That’s a very deep well of narrative potential.
    Good point. I think my favorite scene from Storm in the last few years has been her, completely without powers, shoving a knife in some dude who thought she was helpless. Sometimes it's not about the powers.

(Powers do make it more fun, though! I'm here to read about people with powers, not the Hardy Boys!)

If Christian were to manifest a psionic burger. Would it be edible?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If Christian were to manifest a psionic burger. Would it be edible?
    Your entire nervous system would sense its weight, smell, flavor. After your swallow, your stomach might kick out too much bile intended for the burger, and it would sit there, boiling your insides.

Psychic burger attacks sounds like a great way to weaken an enemy over a business lunch.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The White and Black Bishops.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The White and Black Bishops.

These designs look great! Did you make them? Both would be what the male opposites of Emma would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    These designs look great! Did you make them? Both would be what the male opposites of Emma would wear.
    they look indeed fabulous...minus the earrings on Christian...he's too much of a posh to wear those skater boy earrings.
    A picture would last longer darling...