Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Bruce Wayne: Batman Appreciation 2020

We can't forget the head of the Bat-Family and all the heroes he's influenced. Batman, to me the greatest comic book hero of all-time who turned 80 last year.

Happy New Year to the Caped Crusader .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The earliest point I can recall of his life was in The Court of Owls backup story. He was 3 years old, being taken care of by Martha who was pregnant with Thomas Jr. and Jarvis Pennyworth until The Court sent a Talon to cause an accident at the corner of Lincoln and March street because she's been fighting their corrupt Mayor, and she lost the baby.

Luckily Bruce was safe with Jarvis at the Manor.

Then at 4 or 5 years old, he fell through the well into the cave. Around the same time, Alfred started working in the Manor, since he didn't receive Jarvis's letter warning him about The Court. Jarvis was assassinated and the letter burned. His cause of death never solved until Batman uncovered The Court of Owls and found his name among the list in their Labyrinth.

Anyone know anything earlier please share.

Happy New Year to the GOAT. May 2020 bring great things for my favorite superhero of them all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

That page from Year One is the definitive, platonic ideal of Batman in my mind.

I love when it is emphasized that "Batman" is a performance and I love seeing when he prepares the "lights" and "stage" for his "show"

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The earliest point I can recall of his life was in The Court of Owls backup story. He was 3 years old, being taken care of by Martha who was pregnant with Thomas Jr. and Jarvis Pennyworth until The Court sent a Talon to cause an accident at the corner of Lincoln and March street because she's been fighting their corrupt Mayor, and she lost the baby.

Luckily Bruce was safe with Jarvis at the Manor.

Then at 4 or 5 years old, he fell through the well into the cave. Around the same time, Alfred started working in the Manor, since he didn't receive Jarvis's letter warning him about The Court. Jarvis was assassinated and the letter burned. His cause of death never solved until Batman uncovered The Court of Owls and found his name among the list in their Labyrinth.

Anyone know anything earlier please share.
    4 years old. Batman #0 1994

ac233ab14b2c0a39ae247b66f49c9fc3._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Batman Forever 1995 was the first time it's depicted in movies

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

From Batman #1 (Spring, 1940). Art by Bob Kane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post

I love when it is emphasized that "Batman" is a performance and I love seeing when he prepares the "lights" and "stage" for his "show"
    I do as well. For me, Batman: Year One is still the best Batman book ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Happy New Year to the GOAT. May 2020 bring great things for my favorite superhero of them all.
    Same here!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post

Agreed. I love year one so much. It's head and shoulders above everything Batman I love as well

I miss Bruce being present as a socialite and Gotham elite in the comics. Maybe I’m reading the wrong books, but I hardly ever see writers taking the time to write Bruce using his social skills to further enhance his detective work as Batman .

I hope going into 2020 we see Bruce back to using his social life as a means to try and be normal and help the Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I miss Bruce being present as a socialite and Gotham elite in the comics. Maybe I’m reading the wrong books, but I hardly ever see writers taking the time to write Bruce using his social skills to further enhance his detective work as Batman .

I hope going into 2020 we see Bruce back to using his social life as a means to try and be normal and help the Batman.
    The recent detective comics have him acting as Bruce to fix problem in Mattha Wayne orphanage alongside Damian, but yeah, King is laser focused on specific problems so if that problem doesn't involve elite socializing he won't use it

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

I hardly see writers do anything with Bruce Wayne other then show him unmasked occasionally.

Screenshot_2020-01-03-19-16-46-560_com.viewer.comicscreen.jpg

I was just reading Batman: Tales of the Demon (1978 this edition is from), look the threat made by Wayne, the thugs should be getting out this year.

For the hardcore fans, try to find where this marvelous cape is from:

BG1.jpg