Default Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 (Dan Slott) question

So I've been trying to collect (and recollect) my Spider-Man serials for a while now, slowly making my way to the present (well circa 2016 present) Dan Slott series. I noticed on Amazon that there is two 'complete' volumes for Slott's TASM series, however after reading the description(s) for these in the marvel database, I'm confused as to whether these are the actual No. 1's from Dan Slott's first TASM run (The Parker Luck [Lucky to be Alive]), because that's where I would rather start (whichever is the official starting point of Slott's TASM run).
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 12-26-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    So I've been trying to collect (and recollect) my Spider-Man serials for a while now, slowly making my way to the present (well circa 2016 present) Dan Slott series. I noticed on Amazon that there is two 'complete' volumes for Slott's TASM series, however after reading the description(s) for these in the marvel database, I'm confused as to whether these are the actual No. 1's from Dan Slott's first TASM run (The Parker Luck [Lucky to be Alive]), because that's where I would rather start (whichever is the official starting point of Slott's TASM run).
    Dan Slott's complete run on Amazing Spider-Man starts with "Big Time," encompassing issues 648-651 of ASM in a plot that establishes Peter's new job at Horizon Labs, new enemy (and former would-be hero) Phil Urich as the latest Hobgoblin, and new costume. The run that begins with "The Parker Luck" is actually where ASM restarts after the year-long break it took for Superior Spider-Man (which was Otto Octavius having successfully taken over Peter Parker's body and identities and then setting out to prove himself a "better" hero and man than Peter ever was or could be --- which obviously didn't take).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Dan Slott's complete run on Amazing Spider-Man starts with "Big Time," encompassing issues 648-651 of ASM in a plot that establishes Peter's new job at Horizon Labs, new enemy (and former would-be hero) Phil Urich as the latest Hobgoblin, and new costume. The run that begins with "The Parker Luck" is actually where ASM restarts after the year-long break it took for Superior Spider-Man (which was Otto Octavius having successfully taken over Peter Parker's body and identities and then setting out to prove himself a "better" hero and man than Peter ever was or could be --- which obviously didn't take).
    Ohhh so 'Big Time' then 'Superior' then 'Parker Luck'? On Amazon I'm seeing World Wide and other volume ones by Dan Slott.

Ohhh so 'Big Time' then 'Superior' then 'Parker Luck'? On Amazon I'm seeing World Wide and other volume ones by Dan Slott.
    Yes. And Worldwide is the post-Secret Wars (2015) relaunch of ASM, still under Dan Slott's pen, in which Parker Industries has become a multinational corporation and Peter claims his alter ego Spider-Man is his bodyguard to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. And Worldwide is the post-Secret Wars (2015) relaunch of ASM, still under Dan Slott's pen, in which Parker Industries has become a multinational corporation and Peter claims his alter ego Spider-Man is his bodyguard to the general public.
    Thanks! I checked on Amazon and Bigtime came out ages ago apparently, and is VERY expensive (over $100 for a trade)

Thanks! I checked on Amazon and Bigtime came out ages ago apparently, and is VERY expensive (over $100 for a trade)
    You're welcome, and yeah, Big Time started back in 2010, which is now a solid decade ago.