Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Seeing that it's been announced issue #750 will acknowledge Diana's complete timeline in-continuity (meaning original DC hero and JSA member),
    I'd wish THIS for Diana this year:

1. A coherent history that keeps as much in-continuity as possible. JSA history intact, return to Man's World in the modern era lining up with as much Silver Age/Modern age/rebirth as possible.

2. An upfront explanation of where Steve and Etta now fit into continuity. Ideally nu Etta as a descendent of the golden age Etta, and Steve as time displaced.

3. A reconnection with Donna and Hippolyta, who have mostly been absent from the pages of WW for all of nu52/Rebirth.

As far as writers, fresh takes that don't ignore the (new) established continuity would be great. I loved Rucka but am not beholden to him being the only writer.
    Most of the writers I would call "boring" either take the focus off Diana, or find the need to throw out her supporting cast. I want a writer who writes a good DIANA story, not just an interesting story that happens to involve her.

I also wouldn't mind if we got back to some of her non-mythology based villains. Other than Cheetah and Giganta, they've been ignored too long.

Steve Trevor being time displaced reminds me of Steve Rogers!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-13-2020 at 04:37 PM.