Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What is your hope for Diana in 2020

I hope for more Black Labels and more animated movies. I really want to see design for Cheetah

I'd like the WW fan base to be less protective of Diana. Sometimes WW fans do her a disservice. And sometimes the writers are too much fans of Diana and treat her with too much reverence.

A good example of this is Daniel Warren Johnson succeeding in writing a WW story I'm very excited about. And he barely knows the character. He's just a good writer and a good artist that is telling a story with all the basic elements of the character in there. Of course, the Black Label does help in freeing the character from continuity which helps un saddle Diana from a lot of baggage. Breath of fresh air. I want to see more of this.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I feel one of the main reasons is due to Dc comics mistreating her. I mean many of the writers don’t get her. Diana sadly doesn’t have many great stories in the many years. While she has iconic years unlike Superman her best stories come later. Some of the best stories have come out of elsewhere and black label for Diana.

Spectacular Member

I hope Rucka will return as her writer, but i can keep dreaming so i will just hope for Diana to be reunited with Steve. Seems more reasonable.

See that's what I mean. You could be hoping for literally a thousand different writers to come and take risks and shoot for the moon with Wonder Woman but Rucka's already done WW. Why not unexpected writers with a new fanbase to get Diana in front of a new audience? That's what I mean by too protective. My Favourite character is The Question and I don't particularly like the writers he's had between Oneil and Lemire. But I'm glad those writers used him so that new people can maybe become fans of him and he can get a bigger fanbase.

I say put some completely unexpected writers on Wonder Woman. I want to DC to grow a spine and quit being terrified of their fans and just fuckin' write cool books!
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

The issue has become there have been issues with new writers. At times for example Wilson’s run was bad but missing a few things. Steve Orlando people liked. The issue is when they pick certain writers many writers miss Diana’s personality . How can dc comics grow a spine when they have proven to be a poor choices

Diana hasn’t had a stable foundation until now. I wouldn’t mind new writers but when there been a issue for so long. It’s questionable ever writer for a long time goes with who is Diana what is she about when that question was long since answered. They go back to square one

Orlando digs deep into Diana's roster of villains and reinvents and reintroduces some of them so that they gain prominence.

Orlando and other writers tap into the Marstonian ideas, ideals, and topics that Diana was originally intended to explore and be a statement about.

A second title for Diana that broadens her world and concepts tremendously.

A standalone animated series that similarly explores all of the Wonder concepts and reinvents them in a contemporary sense.

That Wonder Woman 1984 outperforms and exceeds expectations from critics and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Orlando digs deep into Diana's roster of villains and reinvents and reintroduces some of them so that they gain prominence.

Orlando and other writers tap into the Marstonian ideas, ideals, and topics that Diana was originally intended to explore and be a statement about.

A second title for Diana that broadens her world and concepts tremendously.

A standalone animated series that similarly explores all of the Wonder concepts and reinvents them in a contemporary sense.

That Wonder Woman 1984 outperforms and exceeds expectations from critics and fans.
    I almost always agree with Wonder Scott and definitely do here. However on another thread Son of Baldwin had a great point (paraphrasing) it doesn't matter how much Orlando respects or understands Wonder Woman if his story structure and dialogue are sub par. My main wish is for Orlando to fire on all cylinders and crank out a fan favorite Wonder Woman run for the ages.

Better books. Cassie, Donna, Nubia, Akila and Artemis. Maybe an animated series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    See that's what I mean. You could be hoping for literally a thousand different writers to come and take risks and shoot for the moon with Wonder Woman but Rucka's already done WW. Why not unexpected writers with a new fanbase to get Diana in front of a new audience? That's what I mean by too protective. My Favourite character is The Question and I don't particularly like the writers he's had between Oneil and Lemire. But I'm glad those writers used him so that new people can maybe become fans of him and he can get a bigger fanbase.

I say put some completely unexpected writers on Wonder Woman. I want to DC to grow a spine and quit being terrified of their fans and just fuckin' write cool books!
    Since when is DC terrified of their fans? A company that puts out stuff like Heroes in Crisis doesn't care what fans think.

I hope we get more animated movies. I'm still mad that Harley got an animated series before Diana.

A really good, out of continuity one shot I can pick up. Be it Black Label or the Kid or Teen/YA line I don't care. Just something nice and simple and good I can pick up that tells a whole story in one go.

And for the movie to be fantastic and make serious bank.

I want more Jumpa!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I want more Jumpa!
    Seconded!

10 characters
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

For 2020,

Wonder Woman 1984: I know this is trivial and meaningless, but I want 1984 to be a billion dollar grosser. Yes, I know it can make within the $800 million or $900 million range and still be hugely successful as the first one was. I also know a billion is an arbitary and pointless measuring stick for success, but I don't care. I would also love to see the sequel gross within the $500 million range domestic alone. It would be the first time since the Nolan Batman films that WB had such a high domestic grosser.

I would also love if the film motivates WB to give us some type of plan as to how they will keep Wonder Woman in the public eyef while we wait for her third film. Personally, I would love if they announce an animated series for 2021, a video game for 2022 and another animated film for 2022. I assume the next Wonder Woman film will be out by 2023 or 2024 at the latest.

As for the comics, for the main titile, I'll be happy with just a story I don't hate. For Justice League Dark, there is nothing I would change.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I want 1984 to be great, and I want that Amazon spin off movie to happen.

I want Historia to finally come out.

Earth One Volume 3 and for it to be extended to more than a trilogy. Because I want a Morrison written Cheetah and Villainy Inc.

An animated series announcement.

A great new creative team and direction on the title that digs into her vast lore and revamps neglected supporting characters and villains. Failing that, I hope for the slim chance that Rucka or Jimenez (as a writer) comes back.

A black label book set on Earth-1985, utilizing pre-COIE Earth-1 history. I also wouldn't mind a Azzarello and Chiang reuniting for an Earth-52 book, since it wouldn't be the main version/only option anymore, so the better parts of it would be easier to appreciate.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-02-2020 at 05:52 PM.