Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Orlando digs deep into Diana's roster of villains and reinvents and reintroduces some of them so that they gain prominence.

Orlando and other writers tap into the Marstonian ideas, ideals, and topics that Diana was originally intended to explore and be a statement about.

A second title for Diana that broadens her world and concepts tremendously.

A standalone animated series that similarly explores all of the Wonder concepts and reinvents them in a contemporary sense.

That Wonder Woman 1984 outperforms and exceeds expectations from critics and fans.

I want all of this plus:

1.) A streamlined origin for Donna Troy that connects her to Wonder Woman in a positive way. No more living weapon or Titans of Myth garbage. I also want to see Donna and Diana reignite their close relationship.

2.) An A-list artist put on Diana's main book. It's been downhill since Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp left.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 01-03-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I want all of this plus:

1.) A streamlined origin for Donna Troy that connects her to Wonder Woman in a positive way. No more living weapon or Titans of Mytho garbage. I also want to see Donna and Diana reignite their close relationship.

2.) An A-list artist put on Diana's main book. It's been downhill since Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp left.
    Yes to both of these.

Scott, Sharp and Evely were great and it's been down hill in the main book since they left. Outside of the main book we are at least getting Jimenez and Paquette again soon.

Fantastic Member

I want WW's martial ability (and the amazons) to actually STICK OUT in the DCU, starting with...

More stylized and proper lasso use..bring back telepathic control; more like ropedart technique and fancy cowboy techniques..
    Amazons should have special abilities when it comes to fighting
    Find better villains; sorry Cheetah just does not exactly instill fear in the DCU, as in Doomsday or Darkseid.
    Allow WW to transform her Tiara into a sword

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I want WW's martial ability (and the amazons) to actually STICK OUT in the DCU, starting with...

More stylized and proper lasso use..bring back telepathic control; more like ropedart technique and fancy cowboy techniques..
    Amazons should have special abilities when it comes to fighting
    Find better villains; sorry Cheetah just does not exactly instill fear in the DCU, as in Doomsday or Darkseid.
    Allow WW to transform her Tiara into a sword

As prominent as Cheetah is, I don't think she's in the realm of Doomsday or Darkseid nor was she ever intended to be. She's the arch-nemesis ala Luthor, Joker, Sinestro, Black Manta, Grodd, etc. Wonder Woman's "Doomsday" or "Darkseid" is probably Ares or Genocide.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

A lot of people are talking about the upcoming movie.

My hope is that Cheetah is an actual villain. Sympathetic, but evil.

And I want the themes that the title promises to actually he explored. No chickening out. There is a very important english languahe novel with the same title with very tough themes. Don’t wuss out.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Animated series, that is all
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I want all of this plus:

1.) A streamlined origin for Donna Troy that connects her to Wonder Woman in a positive way. No more living weapon or Titans of Myth garbage. I also want to see Donna and Diana reignite their close relationship.

Ditto. Would add:
    1. Want to see a stable and developed supporting cast that includes: Etta, Steve, Hippolyta, Donna, Artemis, Cassie, Amazons (in general and notable characters like Philippus, Antiope, Nubia, Fury etc).

2. Bring back some characters from Gail's run such as: the Circle, Olympian, Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Animated series, that is all
    A good one. I was disappointed with the recent animated movie she got.

A series would be better, but I'd like it to be well written and acted. The dialogue for Bloodlines was really terrible, and I'm not a fan of Rosario Dawson as the voice for Diana nor Jeffrey Donovan as Steve Trevor.

And please steer clear of the same, uninspired art style they use for every animated movie. Would it kill them to get stylized a bit? Believe it or not the art style for Harley Quinn's animated series is charming.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    A good one. I was disappointed with the recent animated movie she got.

A series would be better, but I'd like it to be well written and acted. The dialogue for Bloodlines was really terrible, and I'm not a fan of Rosario Dawson as the voice for Diana nor Jeffrey Donovan as Steve Trevor.

And please steer clear of the same, uninspired art style they use for every animated movie. Would it kill them to get stylized a bit? Believe it or not the art style for Harley Quinn's animated series is charming.
    Agreed I like animated movies but a character like Diana needs a series, something that can help her and her side of the universe expand. I would love a unique artstyle to, it would compliment her very well.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

In order to have more better origin for reboot Donna. How would this be done right? With Amazon's martial arts the best question would be what fighting art style will work? I mean most likely Athena or the magic sphere will help them keep up. I would like more tech to come back

Fantastic Member

I would like to see Wonder woman show her skill as a leader, strategist, tactician, and diplomat more often. Also as a powerhouse and fighter when it's necessary.

Yea generally now Bruce is the strategist and tactician.

The movie to be as good as I hope. I think it will.

Just a nice solid run from some writer, Orlando or whoever. It's been a rough couple of years for me trying to read WW, I'll just take something good, I'm desperate here.

And agree about some top notch art. I downright felt bad for WW under that artist with Wilson. She can be so dynamic visually, she deserves good art.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Only three things:

* For WW1984 to outgross the first film domestically, abroad, and globally. Yes, I want it to gross a billion dollars (so we get a WW movie trilogy)
    * A WW animated solo show. She has earned it and it is about damn time
    * A Sensation Comics Starring Wonder Woman book (with backup stories that only feature female superheroes)...

Fantastic Member

Since Superman and Batman got back their trucks, do you want Wonder Woman go back to her original outfit?